Let's hear some updates ladies!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Its been very quiet here lately... i know there have been a ton of new babies in the last few months so lets hear some updates and see some pics! And preggo ladies lets see a new belly pic! Come on out everyone!

I'll go first - Michael is doing great. For those of you that don't already know he had his feeding tube removed Monday (well, he removed it himself actually...) but he's been doing great with bottles ever since. He had a follow up exam from his ROP eye surgery yesterday and he's doing great, the eye doctor doesnt want to see him for three more weeks. He's also done his carseat test where he has to sit in his caresat for 90 minutes to make sure it doesnt restrict his breathing or anything and he passed with the flying colors. My porky boy is 7lbs 6oz! We're on the fast track to home now, shouldnt be long!

Oh and i also said i would post this pic when i was in chat the other day. So, they have a local festival around here called the Apple Blossom festival and i guess every year some ladies make a crown and tiara for two of the babies in the NICU and they pic a King and Queen... Michael was unanimously voted Apple Blossom King this year. Sooo proud of him, haha!

Heres a pic in his carseat... soo adorable!

April 30th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh yay!!! I'm soooo glad to hear that he is doing so well. Have they given you a tentative date when he might go home?

As for us: We are still on hospital bed rest. The bleeding is now just old blood and it's a really small amount that seeps out every once in awhile. The terbutaline isn't doing the best job of keeping the contractions away but it works well enough for the time being. I still contract a few times an hour. That whole "if you have more than 6 contractions in an hour rule" has gone out the window. They expect me to contract at least that much all the time. This week I got bathroom privileges back for the first time since we got here 18 days ago. I also got to take showers!!!! It's been great! I feel like I have my dignity back. Today the oncall Dr came in and said that I get to walk the halls on this floor once a day and I get to take a wheelchair ride once a day to go outside and get some fresh air!!!! I'm over the moon excited about this. DH said " Please don't let the nurses walk you or take you out today...I want to do it when I get off of work."

The plan: As of right now the plan is to stay on bed rest and pray that I don't have another major bleed until 36 weeks, which is May 18th. They are going to do an amniocentesis to test for fetal lung maturity. If the procedure puts me into labor (which my dr thinks it very well might do since I contract all the time), then we go straight back for the c-section. Otherwise we wait till the next day when the results come back and if they are good then deliver via c-section on May 19th!!!! I'm praying that the test comes back good I don't want to risk another massive bleed. The odds that she will get to come straight home with us after 36 weeks is pretty good. I'm praying no NICU time!!

May 2010- Kennedi

Oct 2012-Everly

4 angel babies watching over us.

April 30th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Etph007's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yayyy Mikey!!!

Kylar is 6 months old today

It's so hard to believe!! He is sitting up, trying to crawl, babbling up a storm!! He is eating about 6-7 oz every 3 hours still and eating solids about 2-3 times per day. He has his six month appt. on Tuesday so I will update with stats. I am guessing he is around 15 pounds. He is so sweet and just grins constantly. I love him to pieces!!

He has had a bit of sleep regression lately and went from sleping through the night to being up at least twice to eat. We have been co sleeping for a few months now since the sleep regression started because it seems to be the only way he will get some sleep. We are all happy, healthy and very blessed! I am still exclusively pumping but having a really hard time keeping up. I have recently applied for an awesome job and am crossing my fingers that it works out. It would be absolutely wonderful for our familty. Kylar would have to go to daycare though That's about it on us! I look forward to hearing from everyone else!!

Amanda- we must have been posting at the same time.

GOD BLESS YOU!! I know it has to be nerve wracking crazy on hospital bed rest!!! :bowdown: You are such a trooper and doing so wonderful!! I can't wait to hear good news that that sweet baby is here safe and sound!!! I will continue to think of and pray for you in the coming weeks
April 30th, 2010, 02:08 PM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
Sam-GREAT news!! Wow, I cant believe how big he is getting!!!

Amanda-glad to hear the bleeding has subsided and yah for showers! Goodness, that would have driven me nuts! Im sure you felt like a new woman after your first real shower.

Etph-GL with getting the job, I hope it works out! I cannot believe your little man is already 6 months old...where has the time gone!? He is getting so big too!! All these babies need to slow down just a little bit so we can soak up each milestone!

I am doing well....this stupid carparal tunnel is getting the best of my sleep...ugh! I think it's God's sense of humor and 'training' me to accept less sleep NOW. I have my 36 week appt Wednesday and Lilyan is doing great. She weighs approx. 6.5 lbs based on what the doctor can 'see'. That is about .5 lbs heavier than a typical 36 weeker. DH and I think she will be high 7's to low 8's weight-wise. Going weekly now and have less than 4 weeks until D-day!

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
April 30th, 2010, 02:22 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
Well I'm in week 14 now! No belly pic from this week since i seem to have left my camera somewhere...hopefully DH's truck! I have been SUPER constipated this week and am JUST NOW starting to feel better after probably 5 days of misery...

Baby is doing great. Can't wait to find out what our little monster is...I have no real feelings either way so it should be fun to find out. I was telling B today though, i'm a little scared to find out! Like that's it, no more speculation, this is your baby. IDK? That is a little weird but I'm gonna find out eventually!

Now i'm just waiting on my belly to show up...I guess i should enjoy having nothing to show, but i am ready to have a belly i guess! I'm still waiting for my energy to return. The end of the semester is nearing so hopefully no more school for a little bit will help!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
April 30th, 2010, 04:29 PM
~* Liss *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have a new belly pic - i posted my latest one last week during chat. Today was my last official day of work - I will be 39 weeks tomorrow!!

OMG - I can't wait to meet our little man!

Sam - that's great news to hear about Mikey!!
Erin - Has it been 6 months already?
Amanda - stay strong girl!!
Canadace - Sorry about the Carpal Tunnel... only a few weeks left!
Kate - glad to hear you are startng to feel better... I tell ya - try that Indian food!!

April 30th, 2010, 04:52 PM
*Mommy2Camden*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOVE the updates girls!!! As always, I love to hear how everyone is doing! Camden is 3 1/2 months old already, and I can't believe how FAST its gone. He weighs 16 lbs, is 24 inches long, and is now wearing size 3 diapers He goes to bed around 11pm, gets up at 3am to eat, then sleeps till 8am. Like Erin, I've been exhaustfully pumping for 3 1/2 months every 2-4 hours. I got Camden to latch on WITHOUT a shield for the 1st time 2 days ago, and he nursed for 15 mins!!! Such a milestone! He's mastered holding his head up, and will be crawling here verrry soon! He's SUCH a happy baby, and and we fall in love with him a little more each day. Here are a few pics...(The animals curl up next to him all by themselves btw hehe)

Last edited by *Mommy2Camden*; April 30th, 2010 at 04:55 PM.
April 30th, 2010, 06:37 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOVE the updates...
Sam - can't wait to see Mikey finally home, still brings a huge smile to my face to see him so big!
Amanda-glad that the bleeding has settled, and you can be a bit human again (showering/moving)...hope Kennedi doesnt stress you out any more, and hooray for almost being full term
Erin-I remember Kylar being born like it was yesterday, heck, I remember your BFP like it was yesterday - he is so handsome...but, seriously, where has the time gone?
Candace and Ellissa - I still think of you guys as being like 15 weeks pregnant, but your litle ones are almost here, I cant believe it is happening so soon...can not wait to see them
Kate - second trimester already - who hoo!! Enjoy the no showing time, you'll have a ton of time to be showing later on...but I must insist, you gotta find the camera, I miss belly pics!
Andrea-Camden is so cute and so big...hewas one of the last little ones born before Kaiden, I cant wait till Kaiden is that alert and interactive!!

I swear, pregnancy goes by slow sometimes, but once baby gets here, everything is on fast forward!!

Kaiden will be 8 weeks on Monday...he's grown so mcuh!
He got his 2 month shots this morningn (poor baby!), and is now 10lbs9oz and 22.5" long!!
He's had a pretty rough week though, he just doesnt sleep and is so restless...he'll sleep for a few hours during the day, but not much (he just fell asleep about an hour ago after being up since 4am - right now hes passed out on my lap)

last night, he woke up at 4am, the 2 nights before, he woke up at 1am each night and just cant get back to sleep (and has a terrible startle reflex and wakes himself up constantly)...he has gas and reflux, and I feel so bad for the poor guy, we changed him over to Prevacid to see if that will help, and we've started giving him the Dr Brown bottles more than the boob to see if that helps...ugh!!

I'm running on empty a bit with the whole sleep thing and am kinda concerned because I go back to work on Monday - eep!! Luckily, it is only 6 weeks, but I am a bit worried about the whole no sleep thing...

Since I'm going back to work, I have to pump, am trying to build up a bit of supply, right now, I have about 12oz built up and am hoping that will be enough...he eats so much - about 4 times on the boob and 3 4oz bottles of pumped milk the last few days...so much!

I'm also going to pump at lunch, but thats the only time I'll be able to do it...I dont want to have to supplement, but I might have no choice...either way, if he needs food, he needs food - it is what it is...

Luckily, this is supposed to be the worst of it and it will get better from here - hopefully

He's reaching his milestones slowly and is a bit behind, and I'm a bit impatient...
We are finally etting some eye contact, but we have yet to get any smiles - I cant wait for that...doc doesnt seem worried, but I really hope he catches up soon...

He's startling, so I need to cuddle him more right now...but here is a pic from Monday:

April 30th, 2010, 06:52 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nice to see all the pics and hear the updates.

I'm doing good, not much to tell really.

Here is a pic of me...from a few minutes ago.
May 1st, 2010, 06:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I love reading everyone's updates

Bella is 6 months now (good lord I can't believe it). She is sitting up on her own and is trying to get up on her knees. She laughs at everything and everyone. Sometimes we laugh at each other and I it. She goes on the 14th for her 6 month appt (we're a bit behind) so I'm anxious to see how much she weighs. She was 14lbs even at her last appt (she was about 5 months then).

Her sleep is good! She goes down around 8pm and wakes up between 3-4am to eat and then is up at 7pm. I can't wait until she sleeps through the night completely! Here is a pic from 2 weeks ago. My sis took some yesterday so I'll post again when she sends them to me. She loves solid food!! She eats it 2-3 times a day and drinks about 4-5 6oz bottles.

May 1st, 2010, 08:40 AM
MommyPoky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MommyPoky Send a message via MSN to MommyPoky Send a message via Yahoo to MommyPoky
It's so nice to read all your updates ladies!
As for me, we bought a camcorder last weekend because we didn't have one, and my husband took a belly pic with the snapshot function...I'll post it later, I'm on my way to a graduation this morning.

Our baby is doing well, but still doesn't have a name!! She probably won't have one until we have to write one on the birth certificate. We have a bunch of names we like, but none are like a bright shining "THAT'S IT!". I keep expecting to 'know' when we find the right name, but we may just end up picking one and waiting for it to become her.

Whatever her name is, she's super active and gets the hiccups about 1-2 times a day. It cracks me up, so cute!!

In other news, I am falling more and more behind in my housework. It's getting really hard to just keep up on dishes and laundry. My husband helps a lot, but he's not highly motivated and I feel bad asking him to do things when I'm not doing anything.

Edit: Here' my 32 week belly pic

Last edited by MommyPoky; May 2nd, 2010 at 01:21 AM.
May 2nd, 2010, 07:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i will try to get a belly pic soon. My camera is broken so I have to get it on my iphone or something!
But we did have something to report! Baby Girl is on the move! I finally felt her and she moves so much and so hard at times, that My DH can feel her too. It is AMAZING!
Also, we think have her name!! Molly James! James is after my father (her paw paw) who passed away a few years back--but I was a daddys girls so its only fitting I pass on his name! Molly we both agreed on. And it rolls off your tongue with our last name--even though its a strong italian last name!
I have dr appt monday, so i will post new pics then!

Saw a beautiful little heartbeat 1/28/10
Heard a Beautiful little heartbeat 3/3/2010
Saw a Beautiful Little GIRL 4/5/2010!!!!
Held my beautiful Little GIRL 9/24/2010

May 2nd, 2010, 07:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So glad someone started an update page, I love getting to hear how everyone is!!

Lets start with the good. Billy is almost 5 months old, time really does fly!! I'm so happy to say his colic is gone and its just amazing. He still has his moments but we arent spending time in the bathroom with the fan on anymore He is giggling and so much fun.

Things have been hectic here. I've been back to teaching for almost a month and I still cry when I leave my little guy everyday. Part of my anxiety is due to the fact that he still isnt taking a bottle or sippy cup. We've even let him go the day and he still wont give in. So I've worked it out with the administration at my school and I go to nurse him while my kids are at lunch/recess. Still, I worry about him those other times since I know he is always ready to nurse as SOON as I get to him; summer isnt too far away so that helps. He is getting solids twice a day (before lunch and after) to help take the edge off his hunger. He is doing much better with them now then in the beginning. He isnt even close to STTN but part of that now is that he makes up for not nursing as much during the day in the evenings and night. He is getting better at soothing himself, we got the fisher price seahorse someone recommended and its been great!!! Here are some recent pics:
From his baptism this weekend (can you telll by his face how much he liked his outfit)

Bath time giggles

First solids

Can't wait to hear more about everyone else and see those babies and bellies.

Last edited by Jodi0804; May 2nd, 2010 at 07:06 PM.
May 2nd, 2010, 07:05 PM
Formerly LyndaSLP
I love all these updates!
Eli is now 4 months old! He's 13lbs 10oz and 26 1/2 inches. He was having a difficult time with sleeping at nights and naps but now that the pedi recommended food 3x a day (so far we're sticking with rice cereal and oatmeal) he is getting 6-7 hour stretches at night and 1-2 naps. He's a little piggy! Also found out he has seasonal allergies, just like my DH so he gets congested alot. Overall, he's a very happy baby.
Here are some pics!

***PLEASE DO NOT MENTION PREGNANCY ON FACEBOOK***
May 2nd, 2010, 07:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am more of a lurker and rarely a poster, but I still consider myself a TTC #1 grad! Hope you all don't mind

No real updates here. My belly has REALLY popped, I need to post some pictures.

I go for my 1 hour GD test tomorrow. It makes me kind of nervous, because I have to avoid sugar all day and that has made me realize just how much sugar I've been consuming. I can't have my sugary cereal for breakfast or my peanut butter & jelly for lunch (I used to eat leftovers for lunch, but baby only wants PB&J, haha). I'm hoping I pass because the 3 hour test seems BORING. Although it would be nice to take a day off work for it.

I am a teacher and school is out in 4 WEEKS! Oh, I cannot wait. I am looking forward to having the last trimester off of work, relaxing, and maybe doing some baby shopping

That's about it for me! I loved reading all of your updates!!
May 3rd, 2010, 11:00 AM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All of the babies as so cute and getting so BIG! I can't believe how fast time is going. And how close some of you are to having your LO's.

I did a post on Connor last weeks so most of you know my update. Connor is 3 months old and 10 lbs 13 oz last week. He's still not gaining weight very well even though he's eating like crazy (at least every 3 hours night and day). We're waiting on our referral to the specialist.

He is developmentally right on track though. I love watching him smile and he rolled from belly to back on Friday. I can't believe he's not a little newborn anymore.

We're getting on a good schedule during the day with scheduled naps that he takes in his crib. So, I am getting a little more housework done and an occasional nap in.

I went back to work last week which was so hard. But, I'm only working 1-2 days a week for now and my mom is watching him so I know he's in good hands.

Here are some recent pics:

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

May 3rd, 2010, 06:21 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Love those updates! Can't believe how fast the babies and bellies have grown We are doing great. Marina is starting to smile a lot more even if it isn't always directed at us. I have been doing a lot of pumping to have a store built up for work. Marina doesn't always like a bottle and definately prefers it straight from the source, lol! We took her to her first zoo trip the other day and it was fun. Word to the wise, do not try out new diapers when you are going to be out all day, lol! Breastfeeding is going well and she is growing like a weed. At her 1 month appointment she had gained 2.5lbs and grew 2 inches! We are so in love and she's such a joy. Anyway she's waking up now and I have to go! Here's a couple pics.

May 3rd, 2010, 06:45 PM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love hearing everyone's updates!

Little Lexi had her 2 week appt today! She is doing perfectly! Her weight has increased from 6 lb 9.5 oz to 7 lb 11 oz, so back up over her birth weight! After losing an entire pound initially the dr is thrilled with her weight gain! She's also up to 21" from 19 1/2". Her jaundice has completely resolved. She is still breastfeeding like a champ (as her weight gain has shown!) She did have to get her little foot pricked again which she did not like. Poor little thing was screaming and had tears and all. She is still such a good baby. She just fusses when she's hungry or dirty. We are just so in love with her!

As for me, I'm finally feeling more human! Going #2 is still painful, but it feels like things are healing. I'm going to come out and say constipation is worse than childbirth! LOL! At least for me it was! My back is still hurting a bit too, I get this sharp shooting pain through my lower back and down my left leg, but its getting better as well. We were able to take a walk around the neighborhood with Lexi in the stroller last night. The swelling in my feet and legs are completely gone now and my stomach is shrinking back to a normal size. I can't wait until I can exercise again to firm it up, but for now its doing okay (minus the saggy skin...boo!)

So all in all we are doing pretty great! A couple of pics....

She loves to sleep with her hands above her head!

"Talking" to daddy! She loves to make little baby noises to him!

Her favorite place! All cuddled up with daddy!

Cuddled up on daddy again

Me at 2 weeks PP...fit in my pre-preggo jeans (of course I wore these halfway through pregnancy too) but still have some "overhang" I'm gonna need to work on!
May 4th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
omg you look soooo good. i can't believe you have already dropped all that baby weight. You are my inspiration!!!

May 2010- Kennedi

Oct 2012-Everly

4 angel babies watching over us.

May 4th, 2010, 01:40 PM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soape View Post
omg you look soooo good. i can't believe you have already dropped all that baby weight. You are my inspiration!!!
Thank you! Its all breastfeeding because lord knows I'm not even close to exercising or eating good at all! I swear BFing is better than any diet I've ever tried!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search