cautiously joining and looking for words of wisdom!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Veteran
Hi Ladies!!!
I'm Macy (30) and I got my bfp on Saturday at 11 dpo. I started out feeling really positive, but now the fear is starting to set in a bit more. I had a d&c in December after my pregnancy was deemed nonviable. It all started with a series borderline betas and then not-so-good ultrasounds. I'm getting my betas for this pregnancy done on Tues (they wanted me to a wait a little to hopefully get some nice high numbers ) and I'm pretty anxious about it. I think I may have an official beta phobia now!

I know that some of you have had m/c as well....can anyone offer any words of wisdom as to how to get through these early weeks? I'm trying my best to assume the best, but sometimes the bad thoughts just creep in. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks so much!!!
Macy
May 5th, 2010, 02:34 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!! My advice is just to try and stay positive. And to let you know...I had betas on the lower side for a singleton.
May 5th, 2010, 05:08 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
Macy I am STILL cautious and I am 15 weeks now. I like to think it gets a little easier everyday...sometimes yes, sometimes no. For me, one thing that has gotten me through it was buying a doppler. I heard the HB at home for the first time at 11 weeks and 4 days and now i listen to the baby moving around in there everyday. My friends and family laugh at me and roll their eyes but until you've been there you just don't know. So i would say that has helped me a lot. The other thing is taking it one week at a time. I am STILL TP checking, I am not sure i'll stop until the baby is here. But my biggest suggestion is just to stay positive. That was what the nurse told me. This is a different pregnancy and it will be different than your last. You will probably feel different this time too...i know i have! Even feeling sick will make you feel better...so just hang in there and we'll all keep our fingers crossed for great betas for you. i know a LOT of people who have losses the first time around and they go on to have healthy babies!! Just try and keep a smile on your face and remember that sweet baby growing in your belly!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
May 5th, 2010, 05:11 PM
tiffanys's Avatar Expecting #1- Fisher
I just wanted to say Welcome to you and I pray that everything goes very well and that you have a happy healthy baby growing inside of you!
I pray for God to grant you peace of mind throughout your entire pregnancy!
Blessed Mommy to Fisher and baby#2 Hunter on his way

May 5th, 2010, 05:54 PM
JuiceF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Macy, just stopping in to say hi and I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers... and my fingers crossed for some great betas.

Kate said it best.. stay positive, this will be a different pregnancy for you!!

and happy and healthy 9 months!!!
May 5th, 2010, 06:29 PM
~* Liss *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome Macy!! on your BFP!!!

I agree with the other ladies - try to stay positive!! I'll send some T & P your way!! Here's some high beta dust!!

May 5th, 2010, 09:01 PM
*Mommy2Camden*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!! A very healthy & happy 9 months to you. I would just try and stay light hearted, and keep thinking positive

May 6th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Veteran
Thank you so much girls. I really really appreciate the advice and the positivity and thoughts and prayers. Definitely going to do my very best to keep positive and take it one step at a time!!

Last edited by MMH; May 6th, 2010 at 04:04 PM.
May 7th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had two miscarriages and I know how scary those first few weeks are. My words of advice are just to try and enjoy every moment of being pregnant and until you know otherwise. It does get easier as the weeks go by. I will be praying for positive thoughts.

May 2010- Kennedi

Oct 2012-Everly

4 angel babies watching over us.

May 7th, 2010, 11:14 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
Just wanted to say congrats and welcome!!!

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
May 8th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Veteran
Thank you Amanda and Candace for the welcome and positive thoughts!
May 8th, 2010, 02:54 PM
baby:mama's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to baby:mama
Welcome!! Sending you positive thoughts and prayers!!

Thanks to Kiliki for my siggy
May 9th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Veteran
Thanks, Heather!
May 9th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Macy!

I'm still in the state of constant fear and worry myself. I am a lot more relaxed after seeing the HB last week, but I don't think that I will ever be able to really relax. Michelle gave me some good advice of just taking things one day at a time and that's what we're trying to do.
May 10th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Veteran
Thanks, Kim! It makes me so sad that so many of us cannot just enjoy being pregnant, but you are very right--we just need to take one day at a time. I really needed to hear that again!!!
May 10th, 2010, 07:00 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sending tons of positive thoughts and prayers your way!!!! I hope everything goes great tomorrow!!

High betas dust

May 10th, 2010, 07:56 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It took me forever to relax (dont know if I did until he was born)...
I hope that you are able to get in for some early USs to ease your fears...
Here is to a strong and healthy bean in there!!
May 10th, 2010, 08:34 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!! I had a m/c with my first pregnancy and was very scared at the beginning of my second pregnancy. I started relaxing once i saw the u/s and HB but before that i really had to try to keep myself busy to distract myself.

Good luck tomorrow!!!

Last edited by amazing_love; May 10th, 2010 at 08:38 PM.
May 11th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Veteran
Thanks so much girls!! I had my blood drawn first thing this morning, so I should know something sometime tomorrow. I'm kinda freaking out....I will def. update tomorrow.

I wish I just had some major symptoms right now that could ease my mind a little, but so far only sore bb's (although that comes and goes a bit) and very very slight nausea every now and then (nothing bad at all). I'm exactly 5 weeks today....is it normal not to feel much yet????

Last edited by MMH; May 11th, 2010 at 12:12 PM.
May 11th, 2010, 08:49 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Congrats on getting your bfp. I also had a miscarriage and even now i'm still scared but I just have to keep remembering it's going to be okay. It helped a lot more when we saw the heartbeat. I definitely agree with the other girls and they've given great advice. When you start feeling scared just take a deep breath. I didn't get my symptoms until 6 weeks so I think it's normal. You have to remember each pregnancy is different. I'll be checking to see what your beta level was, I hope it's a high one!

Last edited by hearts.0nfire; May 11th, 2010 at 08:52 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search