Tyler is here!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2010, 12:05 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
He is a perect little subject jess! I'm sure the picture taking will slow down soon, i was planning these things before he was born! lol

Jenny is relieved the attention is off of her i think...and palin, well she's not sure what to think. Jenny thinks she is the babysitter, growls at Pay when she gets to close, licks his feet, and pretty much is overly attentive! lol, Palin likes to look at him and sniff at him but most of all she likes to pick his stuff off and run away with it. I think B is about 5 minutes from killing her most of the time!! Poor thing, she just has to adjust!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
October 30th, 2010, 01:00 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry I'm so late getting to read your birth story! What a great story and so sorry you had such a rough labor. It truly is amazing how different everyone's experiences are. Tyler is absolutely adorable!!! I love all the pics you took of him. Looks like you are headed toward a career in photography. You do have the perfect subject after all! You are so right about watching DHs become daddies. It is the most beautiful thing in the world and definately makes you fall in love 100 times more! Congrats on your beautiful family and enjoy being a mommy. It is the most amazing thing ever! Just when you think you can't love that little baby anymore, your heart just swells and you love them even more! Anyway, I'm such a mushball, lol! Can't wait to see more Tyler pics! Hope you have a fabulous Halloween weekend!

October 31st, 2010, 08:54 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hooray for epidurals My labor was similar, but a bit slower with the pushing (i.e. bigger baby)...he is so stinking cute Kate, cant wait to watch him grow big and get chunky!!

PS-Watching the DH become a daddy is the most amazing/beautiful experience in the universe
November 9th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Well little mr is 3 weeks old today!!!! I can't believe it. He's sleeping a little longer at night and staying up during the day. He's such a good baby still!! I am definitely still tired but he's been pretty sweet to me. He hates being naked, bathing, and having his diaper changed...he loves eating and sleeping and walking around. I've been trying to sing to him and am going to start reading to him soon too. He's a great little nurser, and has a SUPER suck reflex!

He's getting bigger. We have a weight check tomorrow but i think he's getting close to 8 lbs which is a pretty good jump for 3 weeks. He left the hospital at 5#10oz so we're looking at at least 2 lbs in 3 weeks!! He was 6#10oz last week...so if he's as big as i think he is he's gained a lb this week alone!!

I guess that's pretty much it...i'll add some new pics shortly. I always try and update and then something happens and my post gets deleted or some other tragedy!! I finally got 2 hands so i figured i'd update!

November 9th, 2010, 07:27 PM
OK pictures from the last week or so:

i swear we didn't pose him like this!

failed attempt at tummy time!

big eyes

November 9th, 2010, 07:56 PM
A few more from the last few weeks

the claw:

halloween:

first bath:

my little garden gnome:

his cute little T onesie:

November 9th, 2010, 08:02 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He looks so alert already Kate, and hooray for him being such a super nurser!!
Love the pics, and the monkey butt!!
Though I'm jealous of the good sleeper thing
November 9th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Very cute!

November 10th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Mini chunk is up to 7#8.5oz as of today. Hes gaining nearly 2oz/day. The pedi is thrilled!

He went from 5th% to 13th% in a week!! YAY!!!

November 10th, 2010, 08:14 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great news, cute pics
November 16th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Kate, he is so darn cute. I'm serious! I love looking through his pictures! He just has a precious little face and he is just so perfect. I mean it! Keep those pics coming!

LolasMama3 by LoLo's Mama, on Flickr

Thank you Gray's Mama for my awesome siggy!

November 17th, 2010, 03:02 PM
i have new cristmas pics i'll post soon! thanks jessica!

November 18th, 2010, 02:19 PM
first my most recent belly pic

and now the fun stuff:

November 19th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Those pjs are to die for!! So CUTE!! ! Where did you find them? You are getting the knack of the picture taking! Very artistic, his face not in the middle...nice. Have you ordered a christmas card yet? If so, which pic(s) are you including???

YOUR TUMMY IS SO GONE! WOW! I am amazed girl. That's awesome! Quick question. Where you swollen at the end of your pregnancy? I have tree trunks for legs and my hands are no longer functional they are so swollen. I drink at least 100 oz of water per day plus am eating super healthy. It's just me I guess. I just want to know when I can expect to have normal limbs again. Right away, or does it take some time???

November 19th, 2010, 10:01 PM
yhanks jess...i'm starting to figure out a few more things...mostly how to manhandle my child lol!!the pjs are from osh kosh, aren't they to die for!! At the rate he's growing he'll be too big for them in a month though!!So its a good thing i got the pictures in!

As for swelling i had swelling in my hands alot at the end but not much else luckily. My SIL though has bad swelling, and she said with my niece it came off fairly quickly (32 of 50lb lost in 3 weeks) so shes hoping for the same this time. At 2 days pp she already looks better!

mr t is such a fatty. we weighed him last night before his bath and at 4weeks 2 days he weighed 9.2 lbs!!!amazing!!!

November 19th, 2010, 10:40 PM
oh and i haven't ordered Christmas cards yet...we just sent out our birth announcements this week!! lol

BUT i haven't picked a picture...i may do a few more and pick a few i like and let the ladies here vote!! I love all of them so its impossible to decide. I can't even decide which CARD i want to get much less the photos. But i am actually waiting to get our family photos back from last weekend b/c she'll have shots of the whole family. So we'll see what we get and then i'll decide! I just love taking pictures so as long as he's cooperating i'm thrilled! I do have a couple of potential shoots coming up with other people though. My SILs sister has asked me to try and get a picture of their daughter for their christmas card, and then one of my best friends wants me to do some of her kids and family photos for them for Christmas also. Its good practice and i love doing it so that's always fun.

November 20th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Pick out the picture(s) first, then the card. It will save you such hassle. I only know this because I just did our Christmas cards and it took FOOOORRRREVVVVVEERRR because I kept finding cards I liked that didn't fit my pictures properly. GL!!

November 22nd, 2010, 12:48 PM
So i'm taking pics of my friends family on Friday morning for Christmas!! I'm very excited, will post once i get some done. She has two adorable kiddos (2.5 & 8 months)

Mr T had a long weekend of crying and cluster feeding. It was a little rough but he has been quiet pleasant (and sleepy) today! Gosh he's just the sweetest kid, i love him!!!

November 22nd, 2010, 07:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh make sure you share the pictures you take! That is so awesome that you are doing that! I did a mini photo shoot with my students to give their parents for a Christmas present. Since they all have autism, pictures are real tough to get so we really wanted to give them some good shots of their kiddos to have. I'm not sure if I should post them or not since it wouldn't be confidential. Hmmm, i'll have to think about that.

Anyway, I want to know how it goes with your photo shoot! I am dying to get Harlow's first session underfoot!

PS Glad that Tyler is being a sweet baby for you! Enjoy!!

November 23rd, 2010, 12:29 AM
Won't be long now Jessica!! I was so excited about 10 days before I had Tyler I started planning all of the fun things we'd do. I got lucky that my friend wanted to do his pictures b/c it is MUCH easier with 2 sets of hands, but i missed out on doing some of the things i'd been thinking about. Anyway, its never too late as far as i'm concerned...so we're still taking pics. Although i read the age he's at now is terrible for pictures. He plays along pretty well. I'm really excited about getting pics of him with my grandparents at Thanksgiving when they meet him...and of thanksgiving in general!! Poor Tyler has lost a great grandma and a great great grandma since his conception this year. He met his great grandpa (b's grandpa) and will meet my mom's parents this week. My dad's parents live in Florida and we've seen them a handful of times in my life, so its unlikely he'll ever meet them. But i'm trying to at least be good and send pictures. B's dad's mom is out of the picture 99% of the time, so he may meet her at some point...but her health is bad and his dad isn't really talking to her at the moment either so its unlikely. Bad family situation there...but i don't worry about it too much. I only met one of my great grandparents, who is still alive but she just turned 98 and there is a good chance we may not see her again before she dies too. Isn't that terrible?!!

Anyway that was a tangent. Back to pictures...i went to Target and got some props for the kids to play with, figured that might make for better pics than telling a 2 1/2 yr old to look at me and cheese for 2 hours @ 10am. He's good but that's asking a lot. Sooooo...i got tinsel, a giant christmas ornament, two mini stockings that say naughty on one side and nice on the other, and my fave thing of all...i got plastic dairy queen dilly bars!! They're so cute. I still want to get candy canes and some mistletoe but we'll see what i can manage!

Which reminds me, i just bought new stockings for us last year, but of course Tyler needs a stocking. Well of course i can't get what i just got, so i picked out some new ones at Target that are darling but i am thinking i might need to buy and extra in case we have another baby before i decide i don't like them anymore. Can you tell i like to think ahead?! I wanted the red, green and cream but they only had cream so i'll have to keep looking at other Targets.

OOOOOOOOh and most exciting news of the day....lol. We were in target not 5 minutes when a certain little boy started SCREAMING like he was hurt. Normally I can get him to calm down but not this time. So I was that mommy, pushing a cart with one hand while holding her baby with the other and trying to shop. LOL I'm sure I was quite a sight! So just know that if you haven't done it, you might have to in the future...and you'll live. He was fine once i was holding him thank God. But dang it i was getting my shopping done before the pre-holiday rush!

That's all for now, he's finally passed out. Had to pop him in the swing to get him out. Luckily it worked!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search