Tyler is here!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2010, 06:43 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
Ok well 7 weeks and things are going better with my little love. He's really enjoying his swing, smiles at me when he wakes up and usually is very happy. We're up to size 1 diapers as of this week. We stretched the NB diapers as long as we could. But at over 10 lbs they just don't work well anymore. We have one box that we'll save for baby #2 (diapers don't go bad!! ) and luckily we have 3 things of size ones that will hopefully hold us over until our next shipment of diapers comes.

He's eating more and I've been having a hard time keeping up but so far haven't had to supplement with formula. Not sure how much longer that will last though. If it weren't for the mother's milk tea i'm sure i'd have given up already. Tried fenugreek ONE time and it made my pee smell horrible. But lately my hormones have been whacked b/c everything smells weird to me. I didn't even have that prob while preggo.

My only complaint is that since thanksgiving he's been up more at night and not sleeping as long. Not sure why or how to solve this problem but we're getting through it. He's not staying up as long though and is napping during the day so i won't whine much. He really is a good baby!

guess that's all for now, will post pics later!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
December 28th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Has it really been since Dec 8th since you posted last?? We need to see some more pictures of Tyler!! We have done a couple of photo sessions with Harlow, one where she ended it early by spraying poop across the room!!! It's harder then I thought and I am a total perfectionist so nothing is quite good enough for me. I wish I would have just booked a newborn photo shoot with a professional company so I wouldn't have the pressure....I was going to take some more today, but Harlow is real fussy-maybe tomorrow. Sorry to hijack!!

How are things going? When are you going back to work? In your last post you mentioned BF was getting tougher, how is it going now?

LolasMama3 by LoLo's Mama, on Flickr

Thank you Gray's Mama for my awesome siggy!

December 28th, 2010, 10:55 AM
hey jess, yes it has been that long! Wow.

He's getting so big. He weight 11#7oz at his newborn appt last week and i'm thinking he's probably getting close to 12 lbs now. Our scale at home is a little off from the Dr's office. We haven't done much in the way of photoshoots lately. Its hard b/c he's getting bigger and more squirmy. Its a whole new ball game and he likes to be paid attention to constantly or he starts screaming. The beauty of newborns is that they sleep so much!

We had a great Christmas. Tyler had fun even though he's little he still enjoyed it. He's gotten big enough to sit in his bumbo chair now so he spent some time in there while we were opening gifts...when he wasn't napping! lol He went to church for the first time on Sunday and was really good. He just squawked a little while we were singing and otherwise was totally quiet.

He got lots of little toys for Christmas, an activity table, carseat toy bar, walker, and lots of clothes. I know its just only going to get more fun as he gets older.

He is now grabbing things, he would roll over if he would stay on his stomach for more than 2 seconds. He just gets mad and screams. He's "talking" more, slapping at toys, can see us and recognizes B and I when we talk to him and come by him. He smiles a lot, has started to laugh, but it doesn't really qualify yet. He can also stand which seems crazy. I can't wait for him to get a bit longer so he can start using the jumperoo, i know he'll love it. The biggest accomplishment over Christmas was him sleeping for 8 hours straight!! He slept from 11:30 to 7:30! He has slept 6- 6.5 hours before but that was his longest stretch yet.

Here's a couple of pic from Christmas:

this is my FIL with my nephew and tyler

here he is doing tummy time. we do it, he just hates it.

this was christmas eve at my MILs house:

Christmas morning at my parents

December 31st, 2010, 05:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Great pictures - and you're looking fantastic, Kate! And how exciting on the 8 hours of sleep - awesome accomplishment! I so hope that Logan is doing that when I go back to work - wishful thinking?

February 17th, 2011, 06:54 AM
ashnichole2326's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ashnichole2326
Kate, I am just now getting to your journal...lol. OMG I felt SOOOO sick after my epidural for a while...I wonder why that is? Anyhow, you have such a hansom little guy

Thanks GraysMama for my beautiful new siggy!
February 17th, 2011, 01:03 PM
OMG i didn't post my blog link here?? I haven't been updating here b/c i have updated my blog since the beginning of the year: stop by here for more pics!!

365 Days of Tyler

Oh and thanks Ash, i love him!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search