Tyler is here!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2010, 01:44 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
Tyler James was born on October 19, 2010 at 8:37am. He weighed 5# 13.7oz which was not a surprise as we knew he was gonna be tiny. Daddy guessed closest to his birth weight. I had a crazy experience but in the end it was a total joy and my little guy is the most precious thing ever!!

We were scheduled to induce on the 19th b/c of my chronic hypertension and now his potential low birth weight. We had discovered about 10 days before his birth that he hadn't grown much in the previous 4 weeks and those 10 days were some of the longest in my life. Every movement assured me he was still in there and we would make it to the end. I went in for cervidil on Monday the 18th at 5pm as i had been 1cm, high, and about 50% effaced for the past three dr's checks. My Dr had stripped my membranes at my appt that afternoon. So we go in and get hooked up and i told B he didn't have to stay b/c i assumed i'd get hooked up and just pass out as Ambien was on the agenda once i was all hooked up. Thank God he decided to stay...or he might never have made it! My L&D nurse when i got there was great and she told us she had requested to be our nurse the next day, she was the day nurse so she left shortly after that. They got all of the formalities out of the way, hooked me up to everything, and inserted the cervidil. This is where things got crazy. I started getting cramps almost immediately though just mild. I am not one to get cramps, so this was slightly uncomfortable. But even when i miscarried midol was all i needed for the pain. So things proceeded to get more intense as the night went on and i was trying to manage the pain but it was pretty awful. I was having intense DEEP contractions that felt like my ovaries were being ripped out of my body, on top of back labor at the same time. We were trying to watch the Rangers/Yankees game but I was so miserable i couldn't stand it. Thankfully B stayed b/c it was AWFUL and he massaged my back while i waited for the nurses to come in and out. I finally called and told them i was ready to go to sleep. Apparently i was so loud during my contractions (which at this point appeared minor on the monitors but were NOT minor by any stretch of the imagination) they could hear me at the nurses station. They came in and gave me some Nubain and something to help me sleep. That worked for about 5 minutes. Then she gave me 2 ambien....nada. In the mean time my nurse had to go to a c-sect so another nurse was helping me. She was awesome. She helped my breathe and calm down. During this time they checked and i was 2cm and 70% effaced which was NOT excellent for the amount of pain i was in as far as i was concerned. Shortly after the meds they checked again and i was 2cm 90% and my dr said i needed to be at a 3 for the epi. So the nurse says, maybe i can help you along and stretch things.......HOLY SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! is all i can say. My contractions were not only intense but one on top of another which was what made them so hard to deal with. I have a feeling something was off b/c that much pain that early on is just insane. So the anesthesiologist comes in and we get the party started. I was still contracting and worried about getting the epi while contracting so painfully but i managed and it went so well. I finally got some relief and slept. At 5 i woke up and could feel some pain but not really anything bad, i hit my epi button and went back to sleep until around 6 when the nurse came in to hook up some things in the room so all my nurse had to do when she came in was start the laboring process. My pit got started at 7 and i was feeling a lot of pressure. She checked and i was a 4 and 100%. She said i could have an epi refill if it didn't improved. She checked again a little later and i was at a 6, and they decided to give me the refill. THe dr came in and gave me the good stuff and i was feeling much better. I was checked again and was at an 8 and then not long after was at a 9...no a 10! hahaa, time to call my dr. She came in and said everything was good. we're prepping for pushing and i'm thinking about how i can't feel my legs or anything else at this point when i get SUPER nauseous. I tell them i'm gonna puke. So i get a barf bag, but at the time i'm thinking i can't feel a thing. I"m gonna puke and aspirate right here in this bed. Well i did puke...all over myself. In my hair, on my pillow, all over my gown. So they strip me and the bed and B fixes my hair...we get redressed and apparently he'd now dropped even FURTHER. Dr had B look at his head which was clearly visible. Let's remember i can feel NOTHING and now its time to push. They had me in stirrups and i was doing all i could to push and could feel some VERY LIGHT pressure when i had a contraction. 9 pushes later Tyler was out. I had 1 very slight 1st degree tear, thank God for this little guy having a TINY head. He came out like an octopus, limbs flailing. He peed on me immediately!! I don't remember much after that b/c i was slipping in and out of sleep. I was still super nauseous, so much that i can't remember getting drugs or anything. Daddy did a great job taking pictures of our boy and it was so cute. I did end up throwing up 2 more times....and about 2 hours later we were finally allowed to move to our recovery room. By that time i felt great, wasn't sore at all, and never needed much pain killer after he was born. The only time i had pain was when he was nursing which was only slight cramps. My bleeding has been SUPER light (I know everyone wants to know) and i have had an EXCEPTIONAL post partum experience.

Tyler is now 5 days old and its so fun to see him grow. He left the hospital at 5# 8.5oz and was 5#10 oz on Friday so hopefully he will be back at his birth weight very soon. I can't imagine he wouldn't be...he's eating like a HORSE. He had his first photoshoot today and we should have some pictures tonight. A friend/co-worker of mine is a good photographer and she wanted to come shoot him for her infant portfolio. We had a blast and she took 500+ pictures in 3 hours. I got to help which was also great b/c i'm always looking to learn new techniques. I'm so stoked to see what she's done. He does have jaundice and we've been in a bili bed since Friday at home and we're HOPING he checks out well at the Dr tomorrow. We had to do 2 heel pricks this weekend which was NO fun.

So for now we're just trying to figure it all out. He is a total hellion if he's cold or getting his diaper changed. WOW. His circumcision has taken some getting used to as a girl, i totally don't get it. So far no one has gotten peed on and he's only pooped on the changer once! He is a great sleeper and eater and the most beautiful little boy! I just can't even describe the word to express my feelings about being a mother to such an incredible child and having such a great husband who has turned into an amazing father. It is a joy! I hope everyone who wants that gets the chance to experience it. It isn't easy by any stretch of the imagination but so far we're doing great and can only hope things continue to go well. He is my whole heart now and i love him so much!!

Here's a few pics, probably many you've seen already:

Thinking or pooping!

after his bath

in the recovery room, checking out my prize!
i

My little elf

I'm not sure who took this but i like it

little man all swaddled up

with daddy

passed out in L&D post baby (with my barf bag)

Proud mommy and daddy

daddy and his boy

2 days old, looking like a lawn gnome

This is Nanny Jenny...

in his Ranger's Hardhat

Big sister loves him

this melts my heart (B would kill me if he knew i shared this so )

kicking it in his bouncy chair hooked up to the tanning bed:

wearing mommy's tanning goggles

oh that face:

a gift from one of my friends in college

all curled up

such an attractive picture:

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
October 24th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He's precious, Kate! I'm so sorry about the rough labor - but you got a beautiful little guy at the end! He really does have a perfect little face!! Congratulations!

October 24th, 2010, 06:54 PM
PiXiE*DuSt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to PiXiE*DuSt
Breath taking!!! He is adorable!

Thanks Claire1979 for my siggie!

October 25th, 2010, 04:17 AM
hoping and waiting's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a wonderful L and D story! Little Tyler is soooo adorable! Doing a great job mommy!
October 25th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
What a great story Kate, and he is totally precious...Congrats again, he is adorable...and totally worth the wait!!

October 25th, 2010, 07:33 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you so much for sharing your story!!! Brought tears to my eyes and I'm so very happy for you!!! What a gorgeous family you have there!
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
IVF#3/FET#2 (November 2014) Transferred two perfect blasts- First BFP Ever.

BABY BOY- 7/13/15 @ 34 weeks 6 days

October 25th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Here's a few pics i took messing around last night:

October 25th, 2010, 02:05 PM
JessMitch's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh kate those are adorable!!! In the first few he even looks a little chubby! Keep those pics coming!!!

October 25th, 2010, 04:53 PM
hahah Jess, he gained 5oz this weekend! I think half of that was in his face! Its so funny b/c in all of his ultrasound pics he had these big fat cheeks...i guess his fat distributed to other places when his growth slowed b/c he def does not have a fat head lol, but when his head is down and he's kinda squished up i totally see my baby that i saw on the 3D...its weird! Total double chin growing now though!!

October 25th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
First of all, you are over HERE now!!! WOW! Congrats on your beautiful little man, he is so precious. Second, thank you for sharing your birth story with all the juicy details. If we don't hear it on JM, where the heck are we going to hear it? It's always crazy to me how everyone labors differently. I'm glad that your after labor has been wonderful. You are going to be (and already are) an amazing mommy to Tyler. Third, I love his pictures!!! By the time my LO comes around, I will be needing to ask you so many camera posing questions and techniques because you will be an expert!! And lastly, he is truly gorgeous. I can't believe he is the outcome of the last 9 months in all his perfect-ness. God is good. Enjoy him and keep sharing his beautiful little face with us!

LolasMama3 by LoLo's Mama, on Flickr

Thank you Gray's Mama for my awesome siggy!

October 25th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Jess, you are so so right about all of the above! Thank you!! He is absolutely amazing...i couldn't ask for a more perfect child.

As for pics, i am having so much fun! I'm not sure how you edit pictures...i personally am a fan of picnik, b/c i am not an editing genius, i am a big time editing dummy, but i know what i like. I bought the premium membership for $25/yr and it is money well spent. I heard someone say once that for good baby pictures you need to focus on one aspect, be it their little hands, feet, nose, mouth, eyes, ears or whatever. I am also watched my friend as she took pictures of Tyler yesterday and i seem to have a grasp on good props,positions, colors etc...so if i were you i'd start collecting some of that stuff now when you see it. I used baskets we got at my baby shower, i have a ton of blankets from Ross (that's where that green one is from), then just random things in life make pictures that much more interesting. So that's my photography piece for today. Tomorrow i plan on writing down things i learned AFTER giving birth that i never knew and wish i did. Like how the bleeding after you give birth is from the placenta site bleeding. Did you know that, b/c i did not! I just thought, how is this different from a period other than that i'm not ovulating. I never did the research i guess. I hope my period stays gone for a long while but in the mean time i am hoping to do the mirena...it kinda scares me but i have also heard great things, so that is the plan. We love Tyler but we don't want to make him a big brother any time soon (well we do, but its not a good idea just yet!) At this point i wish there were 4 Tylers...that would def keep me busy!haha

October 26th, 2010, 06:43 AM
One week post partum today:

So far i've lost 14lbs from delivery day. I'll take it.

October 26th, 2010, 11:57 AM
*Mommy2Camden*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats again!!!!!! He's such a little doll! You're lookin good girl!

October 26th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
KATE!! OMG!!! You belly is all but gone! Looking good lady!

Wow, I hate to be selfish sounding, but I would love for that to happen to me. I never had a flat belly to begin with, so I am so afraid of having a jiggly belly and tons of loose skin after all this is over. More afraid each time I see my massive bump. I have gained 32 pounds so far and have 8 weeks to go...pray for me, lol!!!

LolasMama3 by LoLo's Mama, on Flickr

Thank you Gray's Mama for my awesome siggy!

October 26th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Thanks Jess and Andrea!

Jess i bet your belly will go back...mine has definitely gotten flatter but its by no means awesome! I have a LOT of flabby loose muscle and skin and a spare tire like i have never had before. Its an adjustment, but in time it will go back! At least for now i can disguise it!

OOOOOH boy, we took CHRISTMAS pics today!!!

October 26th, 2010, 07:52 PM

October 26th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Kate you are looking fantastic! I love the pictures of Tyler - and I am totally jealous you have had that kind of time and energy! I am still working on my birth story and have missed the 1 week pp belly pic... guess I will take a 2 week pp one to start off with.

Thanks Chelsea (GraysMama) for my fantastic signature!

Life as it is...

Love your angel babies for making you the person you are!

October 26th, 2010, 08:30 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations Kate!! He's beautiful. And I'm in love with the Christmas pictures you took! They look amazing, that hat is adorable!
October 27th, 2010, 10:56 AM
JessMitch's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG i can barely keep up with all the pics you are posting! You need to update the title i think for those of us who are slow moving aka me! I love those christmas pics! esp the one where the hat is pulled over most of his face! he is like the perfect little model for you! Poor jenny is probably jealous that you aren't taking as many photos of her! Hows Palin handling the little guy?

October 27th, 2010, 11:59 AM
hahaha Michelle, its called NOT sleeping. I never nap! I've had a lot of hands around here and we've even been entertaining pretty much constantly since he was born. The only way i can explain it is that i get bout 5 hours of sleep so i have 19 hours of working time. But I have this renewed energy and even though i feel like i spend half of my time feeding him, i still have time to do stuff. I just haven't been going anywhere yet really. He sleeps 3-4 hours between feedings it seems like so that's plenty of time for me to get stuff done. I have 3 loads of laundry waiting for me and i JUST got around to vacuuming my living room but its done now. I have GOT to find time to go to walmart, but i'm not sure I am willing to take my 8 day old baby there yet so it will have to wait until Daddy gets home tonight I guess. They need some bonding time anyway!! idk what i'll do when it comes time to return to the working world though.....its awful to think about.

so i still haven't gotten around to writing my "things i wish i knew before i gave birth" post...but it will happen eventually. I need to think this one out!

Little man is doing awesome, just hanging in his swing. We're having a hard time with the dogs "finding" his pacifiers and eating them...ugh! His cord nub fell off yesterday which was fun...and gross. His circ is almost totally healed and he has a thing for peeing on me in the middle of the night when i change him! He's so funny already we just love him! I think more than anything watching B be a dad is just amazing, i loved him more than i could ever describe before, but that has multiplied infinitely now that we have Tyler!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search