If its not one thing its another...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
So yesterday Mason gets cleared from jaundice and today I get a phone call saying I need to him back for more labs because his thyroid screen came back very slightly abnormal. I know I shouldn't worry since she said its probably nothing and it was only very slightly abnormal, but how can I not? Ugh!!
I am really starting to get overwhelmed here. I feel like I am failing as a mother somehow. I know none of this is in my control, and none of it has amounted to anything yet, but it is so frustrating that all these results keep coming back bad. First with the jaundice, then failing both his hearing tests (retesting next week), and now with his thyroid. I dont even know what it means if his levels are abnormal. No clue what that means his issues could be...I just cant help but feeling like its my fault. Im the mom and Im supposed to make everything perfect for him! Anyways, please think good thoughts for my little boy once again! Thank you ladies!

February 15th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HUGE SUPER DUPER FREAKING BIG FAT GIANT MONSTER HOOKER FANGBANGER soooo sorry to read this... Im sure hes just fine though KUP!!!
February 15th, 2011, 02:33 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sure everything will be fine...ya'll are still getting adjusted to each other...this will pass and you'll feel like a pro in no time.
February 15th, 2011, 02:54 PM
JessMitch's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know exactly how you feel! With Mackenzie being in the hospital for 2 1/2 weeks after birth i just felt like i couldn't do anything right for her. I couldn't keep my own body under control to keep her baking long enough to be full term. Try not to beat yourself up because you really can't help anything! And be thankful that he's home with you and DH and its nothing too serious! Like i mentioned before, Kenz failed her hearing test too, its totally normal! I'm sure he'll pass with flying colors the next time around! I'll be keeping Mason in my thoughts and prayers but i'm sure he'll be just fine! He's just being a little stinker now... which means for an easier time when he's in the terrible two stage right!? That's what i'm hoping for Kenz!

February 15th, 2011, 05:11 PM
PiXiE*DuSt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to PiXiE*DuSt
I totally understand the saying if its not one thing its another...i'm sure everything will be fine. My thoughts are with ya guys!

Thanks Claire1979 for my siggie!

February 15th, 2011, 05:20 PM
JustLiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
awww! I'm sure it will be fine. Sorry you are feeling down. I'm sure you are doing a wonderful job!!

Thank you Vicki!

February 15th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Pebblesbuddy
Don't feel like it's your fault! You are a great mother and a lot of times these little things happen. I am sure everything is perfectly fine but definitely don't feel like it's anything you did.
February 15th, 2011, 11:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm right there with ya on the feelings. You're doing the absolute best you can though. Hope all is well.

February 16th, 2011, 01:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know it's hard not to feel this overwhelming responsibility to make his life perfect. Just try to stay positive for him. You are an amazing mom because you care so much! Just remember that your only able to protect him from so much...the rest is just loving him and helping him through the hard times that may come in his life.

May 2010- Kennedi

Oct 2012-Everly

4 angel babies watching over us.

February 16th, 2011, 02:45 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sorry you have to go through this. Hope everything turns out okay.

February 16th, 2011, 12:48 PM
ChristinaR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
HUGS!!! So sorry you're going through this. I hope everything comes back ok.

February 16th, 2011, 06:13 PM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thinking of you and Mason!

I'm so sorry to hear how frustrating these first few weeks have been! Such a tough time just getting adjusted to being a parent, let alone all the issues that have cropped up! Hope things begin to improve dramatically for you guys!

February 16th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Micksbabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry Alicia I will send prayers for mason

Thank you Bokkechick for my gorgeous siggie

February 17th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
Thanks ladies! I am feeling a little better. I realize that sometimes I just need to step away and that I can't control everything as much as I would like to.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search