**Edit** I dont know whats going to happen

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2011, 06:17 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
I started spotting on Friday night and it continued all day with low back cramps. Its only a light tan color but I took my second answer test and its almost negative. I have a fever of about 99.5. I called the dr on call where I had been going for TTC and she said to just wait it out for now. Stay off my feet and call back if the fever goes above 101 or i soak through a pad every half hour for 2 hours. If things stay the same call the office monday morning.

Im pretty sure its just a matter of time at this point but my question is if I start having heavier bleeding do I really need to stay up and wait 2 hours then go to the ER or can I just go to bed and let things work themselves out?

Last edited by rmarie9509; May 8th, 2011 at 04:25 PM.
May 7th, 2011, 08:46 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
I'm so sorry sweetie. Hang in there, ya never know??

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
May 7th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Tracy87's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh no! I'm so sorry! I hope the spotting stops and everything is okay with your bean. Hang in there.
TTC #1 since 4/2010

LAP Feb 2012
Stage 3 Endo Removed
July 2012 First IVF Cycle

May 8th, 2011, 04:58 AM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would still go to the ER and have them run some blood work and stuff. You just never know.

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
May 8th, 2011, 07:09 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
You do what you feel comfortable doing...if going to the ER for a peace of mind or to find out what is going on, it what you want to do then do it!!! Spotting is common in early pregnancy I'm praying that's what it is!!

May 8th, 2011, 07:26 AM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope that it is just spotting and that everything is ok...but as far as the ER, they cant really do much at this point...if it is painful and you feel in danger, I'd go in, but otherwise, you should be ok to wait, even though I know how hard waiting is...
May 8th, 2011, 08:18 AM
So far Im just waiting. I have been laying down since I got the fever last night. The fever is gone and the spotting is still minimal but I think thats mostly because Ive been laying down the whole time. Im skipping everything today and Ill call my dr.s office in the morning. Do you think theres any chance that this wont be a miscarriage? I dont want to get my hopes up but I really thought I would have been having heavier bleeding by now, but the test from 16 dpo was lighter than 14 dpo so i dont know. I'm just confused.

May 8th, 2011, 08:29 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Since you said it was tan and not red I think there is a possibility. A lot of people have spotting when they are pregnant. I really really hope and pray it's not one and you have a very sticky bean in there.

May 8th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Uggh I'm sorry.. th eonly thing that would worry me is the hpt line getting lighter. Was it only one that you took? It could have been a bad test or maybe your pee was diluted.
As scary as it is lots of women have spotting and end up fine. And your temperature almost doesn't qualify for a fever so I wouldn't worry about that unless it goes up higher than it was. Can you take another test?
I would go in if you feel pain on one side or the other as this can indicate ectopic but otherwise there's nothing they can do if it's going to be a miscarriage except run betas to see where they're at and even then you might need to do another beta in a couple of days to see which way they're headed. I really hope everything turns out perfect.

Baby girl born Feb 2013

May 8th, 2011, 10:06 AM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with Judy, it sounds pretty normal except for the HPT getting lighter...maybe take another one...if it is still lighter, I'd prepare yourself...if it is darker, I'd take a deep breath, and be happy

If it looks ok, you might want to convince your doctor to run your HCG numbers, just to see where you are at...some babies snuggle in a bit late, and that can also contribute to spotting...HUGS!
May 8th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Thanks for all the encouraging words. Everything is still the same the amount of spotting is minimal the only thing that has me really worried is the pregnancy test. Right now I think it could go either way, I really hope this turns out okay I want this baby so badly, but I cant really get my hopes up right now. Ive decided that until I talk to a doctor Im not gonna be happy and Im not gonna be sad Im just gonna be.

May 8th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Great attitude for this point. I know it is scary to see any sort of bleeding but spotting can be completely normal. The ligher hpt could be dilution, different batch of tests or any number of things since you are still pretty early.

You are right to not want to get your hopes up too much and guard yourself a little. Just BE is a great place to be right now. Keep your feet up and relax. I will keep my hopes up for you

Thanks Chelsea (GraysMama) for my fantastic signature!

Life as it is...

Love your angel babies for making you the person you are!

May 9th, 2011, 05:34 AM
JustLiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm hoping hard for you!

Thank you Vicki!

May 9th, 2011, 05:56 AM
I just got through to the dr.s office so I have an appointment at 11:45 today. Im feeling a little better this morning there is still spotting but no other changes. I took an OPK cause im out of pregnancy tests and its positive with super concentrated pee. Im still cautious and scared but Im praying that lighter test was a fluke and that everything will be okay. Ill update after the drs appointment.

May 9th, 2011, 06:42 AM
Tracy87's Avatar Super Mommy
I hope the Dr appoint brings good news for you! I still have my fingers crossed that everything is completely fine!
TTC #1 since 4/2010

LAP Feb 2012
Stage 3 Endo Removed
July 2012 First IVF Cycle

May 9th, 2011, 07:14 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
I really hope the dr's appt will only bring you happy news!!! Thinking of you!

May 9th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck! Keep in mind that if they do a u/s it's too early to see much even with an internal u/s.. you might see the sac but no fetal pole. You Od late (CD22 according to FF) so in reality you're a week behind what the doc thinks you should be, since they date things according to textbook CD14 O. So they will probably think they should see more because most of the time they don't trust us to know when we Od. I'm just telling you this so you don't get scared by what they see or don't see at this point. (((HUGS)))

Baby girl born Feb 2013

May 9th, 2011, 08:37 AM
I hope your appointment goes well today.

May 9th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Hi everyone, Ive had more cramping so far today and when I was at the apointment and she took some cultures the spotting went from brown to red. The cramps were alot worse right after that but theyve seemed to ease up again now. I got a beta draw and ill have that repeated on wed. but I dont know if I will hear the actual number or not, and a typing panel since I dont actually know my blood type. So basically we are still in a gray area. I dont feel good about things especially with the increased cramping but its not over until its actually over so theres still hope. Although Im prepared at this point.

Last edited by rmarie9509; May 9th, 2011 at 10:48 AM.
May 9th, 2011, 11:57 AM
I know i'll probably sound stupid asking this so she did a swab down there? If that's the case I would think it's normal to have it do that. I've known a lot of girls who have gotten checked or had their paps done while in the first trimester and had some cramping and spotting since it so sensitive down there. Praying that your betas keep going up.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search