Placenta previa - any experience?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2011, 11:10 AM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
Hi girls. I was told today that I have complete placenta previa. I am praying it resolves on its own but am also very terrified. I did too much googling and found some scary stuff about it. I have another u/s at 32 weeks to check on it but if it's still there my dr said she will do a c-section at 36 weeks. I'm very afraid though and the BTDT stories make me feel better.

Btw, I am having a girl.
May 23rd, 2011, 11:42 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
Congrats on your little girl!! I have no experience with pp but i hope someone can give you some advice. i do know people who have had it and it resolved on its own.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
May 23rd, 2011, 12:08 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
I don't have any experience with it but I hope everything turns out okay and it goes away on it's own. Also congrats on your girl!!!

May 23rd, 2011, 12:08 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ahhhhhhhhhh! Congrats on having a girl! I told you my predictions always go opposite lol!

I'm sorry about the placenta previa, I really hope it resolves on its own. I obviously have no advice on this matter though.
May 23rd, 2011, 06:53 PM
PiXiE*DuSt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to PiXiE*DuSt
CONGRATS on your baby girl!!!! YAY! Also YES I WAS TOLD I HAD A COMPLETE PLACENTA PREVIA TOO! Mines resolved on its own. It moved up the doctor said. Well actually my doctor had me see a high risk doctor when i was told i had it and i had another u/s. When i had the u/s with the high risk doctor he didn't see a previa. So he looked at my previous u/s and said everything had looked fine then too & that the u/s tech was wrong! So i wouldn't worry to much til your next u/s! Even if you do have one it just means you'll need a c-section. I hope it all resolves tho for ya!

Thanks Claire1979 for my siggie!

May 23rd, 2011, 07:23 PM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
Congrats on having a girl!!! My friend had pp when she was pregnant with her son!! It didn't resolve until almost 35 weeks but it did eventually go away!! STOP GOOGLING things they only make matters worse.. Hun just hang in there and take it easy!!

May 23rd, 2011, 07:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had a very low lying placenta and as a result I got lots of u/s to monitor it. The good news is that it eventually moved on its own. I was told to take it easy and was put on pelvic rest as a precaution. Try not to obsess over it. Enjoy the extra u/s'.

Congratulations on having a girl!
May 26th, 2011, 10:23 PM
ndsai05's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom had complete pp with me and she went on bedrest for the whole third trimester. It ended up resolving on its own but she still had a c-section because of failure to progress 24 hours after her water had broken. Don't worry and yes, STOP GOOGLING!

Thank you Meganpixel for my perfect siggy!

May 27th, 2011, 06:40 AM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
Thanks everyone for all of the encouragement, I really appreciate it & it makes me feel so much better. I've been taking it easy. I cut back at work even more and no longer do 12 hour shifts. I am praying it moves on its own and if I have to go on bedrest then I will. I just want my baby girl to be here safely and healthy!!!!
May 30th, 2011, 12:20 PM
*Mommy2Camden*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! I was told the same thing, and was told there was a 50% chance it would correct its self. I vaginally delivered my little guy at 41 weeks! Just remember either way, in the end it's about getting your daughter out safely. It will all work out great!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search