O/T Odd Question: Burp Cloths

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2011, 11:46 PM
Brandielou's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey girls! Some of y'all remember me from when I was TTC & those that do will probably know this isn't unlike me to post an odd question. Sorry for it being off topic (and odd) but I don't know anyone with kids and I don't have any so I knew y'all were the best ones to ask.

Ok, my cousin Tracy is having a baby girl. She's due late September, early October. I have a very small family so when I say cousin I don't mean like my 7th cousin way on down the line lol, I'm an only child and I only have 2 cousins, Tracy & her brother. I have to admit that I'm kind of excited because the family is so small we're pretty close & I'll never be an aunt so this is the closest that I'll come. So she and I have been back and forth looking online at bedding sets and getting nursery ideas ready and all that.

Well I've already ordered some stuff, some bibs and burp cloths because she loves frogs & there are very few frog things. But I want to get bibs, hats, onsies and burp cloths monogrammed and a friend of mine (and I've seen online) that the Gerber cloth diaper pre-fold insert is used for a burp cloth and monograms nicely so I'm going to get several of those. But I was looking online and saw several handmade burp cloths that are in this hour-glass shape. Because the diaper inserts only come in white I was looking at these hour-glass ones because there is a lot of fabric variety (which I love) but they look so weird.

So the question is--does it really matter the shape or does the contour work better? I'm sure the novelty of the cute, monogrammed & appliqued burp cloths will wear off and she'll just be reach for a kitchen towel down the road LOL but I was just curious if there was a preference out there. I don't want to buy 15 burpies that she hates.

Also, anyone have any good online stores that have inexpensive cute stuff? I've been looking online to find inexpensive plain onesies, bibs, and the cloth diaper inserts but haven't found anything tremendously helpful. It is just cheaper for me to have my own items monogrammed than it is for me to go and buy the item monogrammed at a boutique shop.

Thank you ladies!!!

Thank you HeatherW for my beautiful siggy!
June 24th, 2011, 08:24 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
i loved having the cute ones to take places, but at home 9 times out of ten i just grabbed whatever i could find. I did get a few cute ones with tyler though that i kept in his diaper bag. Cloth diapers are awesome and make the best burp cloths. I think the idea behind the hour glass shape is over the shoulder maybe? or under baby's chin. I dont 'see any reason why this would be better though!

Congrats on becoming an Aunt! VERY exciting stuff!! And i'm sure this baby will always think of you as Aunt Brandie and not just a cousin! We were this way with my dad's cousin and we just always called her aunt kathy, in fact i was way older when i figured out what the actual relationship was LOL

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
June 24th, 2011, 10:26 AM
KogerBaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
the hourglass ones are annoying!!!!! I was given a bunch of them and i hardly ever use them. it is because inevitably the baby will miss the cloth. the best are the cloth diapers i have tons of them they are great they soak up everything including when i spill coffee on myself and you can just bleach them. I found at first i kind of wanted the cute ones too, she will soon find that function quickly outdoes looks. congratulation, great baby site is albeebaby.com and amazon
June 24th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think a good site is etsy.com! I LOVE IT!!! and I got a cute frog hat off of it! (my hubby loves frogs too )
June 24th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
For plain white onsesies I got mine at Sears and WalMart. An awesome gift for someone is a package of prefold flannel diapers - I used mine for everything but diapering! I think that getting the diaper inserts is a great idea!
June 28th, 2011, 02:29 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
I agree with Kim on the onesies, Target has them too. The diaper pre-fold ones were awesome for me, i've never used the hourglass ones before. Congrats on becoming an Aunt!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search