Gwen????

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Micksbabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know you have been following the Casey Anthony trial are you watching???? The verdict is in after only 10 hours!!!!

Thank you Bokkechick for my gorgeous siggie

July 5th, 2011, 12:42 PM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Verdict was definitely not good That poor little girl...

July 5th, 2011, 08:13 PM
I agree it is really hard to watch having a daughter around that age, just so sad

July 6th, 2011, 05:11 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have a daughter (yet) and it still made my stomach turn. I hope to God she really didn't do it since she got off scott-free, but also that they find out who did.

July 8th, 2011, 08:43 AM
ChristinaR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's really disgusting how it all went down. I blame the Sheriff's dept for not following up better after the meter guy reported it for the first time. Had they found her body sooner I think there would have been better evidence to convict her. She definately had a part in her death. Which part I don't know, but she didn't report her missing for 31 days! If anything she's guilty of endangering her child and child abuse.

July 8th, 2011, 08:56 AM
I agree Christina!! They needed to hold her accountable for not reporting her child missing and they didn't. The jurors that have spoken out just make me wonder what they actuallybtalked about in there sooooo brutal

July 8th, 2011, 09:01 AM
KCMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I seriously don't know how I missed this. But YES I was totally watching it!!! I was in training for a few days. Typicaly I had the trial on in my office. But I knew they were going to announce the verdict so I did the live stream on the computer in the middle of training!! Yes, I was obsessed and to say the least, HIGHLY disappointed!!! I watched the trial from teh point the defense started their case till the end. Unfortunately, I didn't realize it was televised when the state put on their case. I have such mixed emotions. I KNOW the state did the best job they could possibly do. They didn't have a case to prove...they had zero HARD evidence pointing to anyone much less Casey...but that's why this was a circumstantial case!!! There have been plenty of these cases where they do in fact convict. All situations lead directly back to Casey and NO ONE ELSE! That's how I don't know how the jury couldn't have found her guilty? And they basically did NOTHING about not reporting her missing which I can't even begin to understand. I think the defense got super lucky and I will always wonder if the state didn't seek the death penalty would the outcome have been different? IDK...just makes me so sad. I'm still obsessed with this case and will read any and all books when they come out!!! Guess it's just my job coming out in me!!!

Thank you Julka for my beautifully, perfect siggy!!

July 8th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Lol Gwen I didn't start watching until the very end of the defense, my mom watched the entire thing and she came to visit and got me hooked. I cried when they read out the verdict, I was shocked to say the least. How could she not be guilty of child negelect?? I looked at Hunter and thought if she apwas gone for an HOUR I would be calling the police let a,one 31 days!!

Yah I have my paralegal diploma so I used to work on family law cases and it is fascinating how "grey" the land of the law is!! At least one good thing will come out of this and that is the new law that is being petitioned called "caylee law" I think that is a great way to honor such a sweet young innocent life

July 12th, 2011, 07:27 AM
KCMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Megan, check out this article Casey Anthony Trail: The Sequestered Jury Fell Prey to Idiotic Groupthink - The Daily Beast

I think it's very well written!

Thank you Julka for my beautifully, perfect siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search