My baby's eczema...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2011, 05:34 PM
ashnichole2326's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ashnichole2326
So, I had taken Grace to the doctor about a month ago and she told me that Grace has eczema...on her face and tummy. She gave me some things to use and an RX for it. Well, the spot on her face had gone away...and since the RX said to use for only 7 days, that's all I used it for. Well, within a couple of days it started to resurface with a vengeance! It looked even worse!!

I took her back last Friday because it really looked like staph to me! The doctor said it WAS an infection but didn't look like staph...I got the results back from the culture she did and it was not staph, thank goodness. However, she has been on these antibiotics since Saturday for it, and it does look better but still looks TERRIBLE!! Anyone else have experience with this? I am really starting to get worried about it...like it is being treated for the wrong thing. I'm kinda thinking ringworm or something of that nature..because before I had her, I had had that on my foot and elbow.

You can see the place in all of her pictures...any ideas??

Thanks GraysMama for my beautiful new siggy!
July 7th, 2011, 07:25 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
i thought tyler had some mystery disease as well, it was on his head and in a patch and no matter what it did NOT go away. Dr. told me it was contact dermatitis and sometimes its best to do nothing...so i let it go and it grew from dime size to probably quarter size, maybe a little bigger. I ended up putting aquaphor on it and that cleared it up immediately and it hasn't come back since. I also was told aquaphor and cortizone layered can help too. I bought the cortizone but never had to use it...so that might be something to try. It was red, raised, & flaky.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
July 8th, 2011, 09:58 AM
JustLiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ug. sorry about that. I'm glad the antibiotics are working at least a little. My niece has eczema and it's always kind of a battle. My SIL and BIL have to make sure she always gets her lotion or she breaks out again. I think they use aquaphor, but I'm not sure. Poor thing is always scratching her face.

Thank you Vicki!

July 9th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Kate: That is exactly how hers was...raised, red and flaky! Ick! Now it is like raw where she always rubs it and scratches!!

Liz: Gracie does the same thing...I clip her nails and she still scratches herself...and I cut them too far down in my opinion even...like as far down as I can without making her bleed...lol. She always looks like snaggletooth got ahold of her.

I have heard wonderful things about Aquaphor...definitely need to get that cream! I have the body wash for her but I was using the lotion her doctor gave me, which does no good really.

July 9th, 2011, 09:18 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have no advice but I just wanted to stop by and say I hope yall get some answers soon. That's got to be frustrating to deal with when nothing so far has cleared it up.
July 17th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Still battling with the eczema, but luckily the infection is all gone. Doctor told me it's just kind of an up and down battle with it...really sucks! But I know a lot of babies have it...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search