Having a really hard time with Grace's eczema...this sucks!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2011, 05:10 AM
ashnichole2326's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ashnichole2326
She has had the same red spot on her face for like 3-4 months now...it will start to disappear and then come right back!! I don't know if there is something making it flare up...I am sure there just has to be, but how do I figure out what that is?!?!

I am always putting Aquaphor on it, and breaking out her RX whenever it is at its worse...it's just ALWAYS there

I have this gorgeous dress that I got at my baby shower that I wanted her pictures taken in and I don't really want to spend too much on them because they'll just be pictures of her in a pretty dress...but I don't want her having that terrible spot on her face in them either, and the only way I can get them with the spot edited out is to use a local photographer who is OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive!

She will never wear the dress I am sure...I wish I was good taking pictures

Plus, I always just feel like it must be my fault or something...I feel like a really bad mother for allowing this spot to be there for so long!! There has to be SOMETHING I can do, right?

Thanks GraysMama for my beautiful new siggy

July 23rd, 2011, 10:33 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's definitely not your fault. Has she been tested for any allergies? Maybe something she's around keeps it flaring up?

And I think if you're getting the pictures done, the major question would be do you want her to have the spot on her face or not? If it's really that important to you to have it hidden, then I would pay the extra fee to have it edited out. My mom did this to my pictures when I was younger because my acne was so bad and I was too embarrassed to take pictures.
July 23rd, 2011, 10:55 AM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If I were you, I would get a second opinion about what it is. In the meanwhile, find out if you can use hydrocortisone cream on her. It's worth a shot to see if it helps since it's good for a variety of rashes and stuff. Good luck!

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
July 23rd, 2011, 02:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Michael has bad eczema sometimes. Back in March he had an allergic reaction to scrambled eggs so we took him to an allergist who told us that even the slightest wheat allergy can trigger eczema... Maybe its that somehow? his isnt triggered by wheat so we didnt have him stop eating it but maybe she has a really bad allergy and you just dont know it bec/ shes so young and not eating foods with wheat... or maybe shes allergic to the meds she has? Michael's eczema got worse if we used anything besides his RX

July 25th, 2011, 12:04 PM
JustLiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
it is not your fault! Sensitive skin can be such a battle. I would see another dermatologist if you possibly can. I have heard that it's possible to develop an allergy to some of the creams used to treat skin conditions thus causing a vicious cycle. It would be best to get help to figure it out.

Thank you Vicki!

July 25th, 2011, 01:00 PM
ChristinaR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's not your fault!!! Brevan has really sensitive skin too. I have to use All free and clear detergent on his cloths or else he gets rashes. My doctor told me to use hydrocortizone cream on his eczema, I believe it's the 1% kind. It works like a charm. I hope it gets better soon.

July 28th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My daughter had eczema when she was younger too, I know it can be frustrating
I started using all fragrance free with her. I would use California Baby baby wash, Cetaphil lotion, Free and Clear detergent. I always thought bathing her more would dry her out the dr. actually told me the opposite! He said to bathe her daily in lukewarm water and make sure to apply lotion right after to seal in the moisture!!!! I noticed a change when I started to do this! Also I would apply Cortisone cream and it helped as well at one point they wrote us a rx but I think the Cortisone worked just as well maybe even better! Good luck!!!! I know how it can be! But you are not a bad mom and it is not your fault at all, you are an awesome mom for trying to figure it all out!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search