Update thread! Everyone join in!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2011, 08:31 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We dont post that much here, and some of the newer grads dont know the older ones and vice versa...

so thought this might be a good idea...
For those of you who are pregnant:
Who are you?
How far along are you?
What is up with you?
Pictures of your bump/nursery/ultrasounds?

For those of you who have given birth:
Who are you/who is your LO?
How old is your LO?
Any good stories/milestones?
Pictures of your LO?

For those of you with a LO and pregnant...I expect both
For those of you with a LO and TTC...how ya doing with that?
July 27th, 2011, 08:39 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll start...
I'm Tonya
LO is Kaiden and he will be 17 months on August 8...
I dont know where the time has gone...
Even now I still get tears in my eyes just thinking about him cause he is so awesome...even after today when he had a total of 10 minutes of napping (oh that was rough!)...
He is finally starting to talk, unfortunately, he says "no no no" to everything we ask him He has 10 words now (we counted tonight), and he doesnt walk anymore, he runs - everywhere...and is fast (poor me has to keep up with him)...and has no fear (poor me has to keep him from killing himself!)...
I realized today that I hadnt taken a picture of him in a month - bad me! so here he is on his daddy's shoulders

We are TTC another also...trying since February/March (first PP ovulation), loss in April...still trying, gonna do 3 more cycles of natural with monitoring progesterone, if not PG, then we will do medical assistance again for the November cycle...if my progesterone is as crappy as it was last month (1.1 at 7dpo and a 7 day LP) then we might do medical sooner...
July 27th, 2011, 08:39 PM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
Good idea...I feel like I don't know many of the "older" grads.

Who are you? Christy
How far along are you? 27 weeks 4 days
What is up with you? Just getting ready for my baby shower and the arrival of my baby girl!
Pictures of your bump/nursery/ultrasounds?

The nursery is a work in progress...it's pink and brown

July 27th, 2011, 09:05 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
Who are you? You may call me Kate, or katie, i'll answer to both!
How far along are you? 9w3d
What is up with you? oh not much, spending my time lugging around a still bfing baby and trying not to puke. It's way harder this time...
Pictures of your bump/nursery/ultrasounds? so far just bump pics, hopefully u/s pics soon, but i heart the hb for the first time this week!This pic is from sunday:

Who are you/who is your LO? My name's still the same, though tyler's taken to calling me mamamamamama, which is apparently also synonymous with food. Obviously my little monkey's name is Tyler.
How old is your LO? He's 9 months 1 week and 1 day old
Any good stories/milestones? oh geeze, he's a laugh a minute. We have a serious clown on our hands. He's standing, trying to walk, saying hi, mama, and a few other tyler words that i don't necessarily get.
Pictures of your LO?

many of you have prob seen this on fb, but this is my fave pic. It was taken in florida in june about 3 days before i found out i was pregnant:

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
July 27th, 2011, 11:43 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Who are you?Danielle
How far along are you? 9 weeks today!
What is up with you? Nothing really new with the pregnancy. My next appt is not until August 30th and I think I'll be between 13 or 14 weeks by then. It seems so far away.

Here's my belly pic from today. Nothing too exciting yet.

I can't wait to show updates of the nursery but that we won't get started on for a little while. Once D's roommate moves out in September we'll start doing basic stuff like painting and putting up crown molding. It's not a huge room though but the baby won't know lol.
July 28th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm Lyz and I try to be as active on here as I can but it's really hard working a FT job and my private practice at night.

My daughter is Bella and she's 21 months. She's awesome She is talking up a storm and loves to help mommy do things. She loves to walk around with her babydoll, feed the baby her sippy cup, etc. I can't believe she's almost 2!! I'm starting to plan her 2nd birthday party and it's going to be The Fresh Beat Band theme....her FAVORITE!!! Her most recent pic is in my siggy from a wedding we went to in about a month ago.

We are going to start TTC for #2 this time next year. I always envisioned our kiddos closer together but it isn't in the cards for us and I'm ok with that. She'll be 3 1/2 years old when our next one is due (as long as it doesn't take me long to get preggo) and it'll be nice to have one out of diapers! I'll be honest, I miss being pregnant!! I absolutely loved it and can't wait to do it again

July 28th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Who are you/who is your LO? Amy Munchkin is MaryBeth
How old is your LO? 8 months 4 weeks
Any good stories/milestones? Kind of a gross story, but a funny one. For my graduation we'd gone out to eat with family(19 inn our party) at Longhorn Steakhouse. Well we fed MB while we were waiting for our food to come. I'd had this thought that I really should change her clothes because she was in a very cute little dress and I didn't want her to blowout her diaper in it. Said awww she won't blowout her diaper, boy how WRONG was I. DH had to come home and get the other carseat, it was so bad. We used the whole travel container of wipes cleaning her up. Thankfully I never leave home without spare clothes!!! OHh and part of what makes it funny is when I was about her age, my mom and dad were on their way to an older cousin's wedding I did the same thing. They were even stopped to eat.

Her latest milestone are finally sitting herself up, she's been able to sit up for months but you had to put her down sitting. She's pulling up and getting close to standing on her own. She runs all over in her walker and says mam(occasionally) dada, baba(bottle), ggggg(grandma), and is starting on pawpaw.

Pictures of your LO?

MaryBeth loves to shop, she tries to pull things off the shelf. She also will take your hand and point it to what she wants.

Her first trip to a children's museum. Minnesota Children's Museum while we were on vacation.

4th pic. Her first fireworks show. She didn't get scared at all. She sat in my lap and enjoyed them. That is of course me and Dh with her.

July 28th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm Valerie
My LOs will be 2 in 2 weeks
I was telling Eiley to stop doing something recently, except I could see her face to know which kid it was. I said "Arya don't touch that. Or Eiley. Or whoever you are." Eiley look at me and says "Arya". I said "You're Eiley." She replied "No Arya" She has no clue she's an ID twin yet, but she does know that everyone confuses who is who.

A

E

We haven't prevented in a year now, but I didn't get AF back until Jan. I've had one loss since then, which is amazing considering how long it took us to get prego the first time. I started back with my acupuncturist almost 4 weeks ago now, so I'm hoping it'll work as well as last time and I'll be prego with a sticky bean within a couple months.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

July 28th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Who are you? Jodi
How far along are you? 9 1/2 weeks
What is up with you? Sick! Much harder being preggo and taking care of a toddler but I'm making due. Next appt is next week and I'm ready to hear the h/b!
Pictures of your bump/nursery/ultrasounds? No bump yet (just bloat)- u/s picture in the grads section.

Who are you/who is your LO? LO is Billy
How old is your LO? He is almost 20 months old
Any good stories/milestones? He is a ham! He is very busy and talks a lot. His newest is, "I did it!" and "I don't like it." He loves to climb and doesn't walk... ever.. just runs. He knows almost all of his ABC's and counts to 15 now.
Pictures of your LO? Got a new camera and still learning to use it - will have to upload some soon!

July 28th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I love that pic of Kaiden!

Who are you/who is your LO? I'm Sam, he's Michael
How old is your LO? almost 19 months, but he was born 3 1/2 months prematurely so hes more like a 15 month old
Any good stories/milestones? He's great with his walking & running, and AMAZING with his fine motor skills, i'm so surprised at the things he can do! We'll be starting speech therapy soon because he still doesnt have any words yet
Pictures of your LO?
From 4th of July

For those of you with a LO and pregnant...I expect both
For those of you with a LO and TTC...how ya doing with that? We are starting to TTC next month (Well, August). I'm SO excited, but petrified since ill be having another preemie

July 28th, 2011, 04:57 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm Lee Ann and lo is Julie. She is 14 months on Monday. She is so smart and pretty! I have a recent story....

we were out at the grocery store about 2 or so months ago and she was having some coughing issues that was causing her to vomit. while we were in the dairy aisle, she began a coughing fit and subsequently started vomiting...and everyone in the store ignored us! People were walking by picking up eggs and milk and not once looked at her or me...and she was loudly going "hhhhhhuuuuuuaaaaahhhhh, hhhhhuuuuuaaaahhhhh, hhhhhhuuuuaaaaahhhhhhh." I then ran down a ways (where I could still see her) to try and find an employee for help and noone! I finally caught the attention of two ladies that ignored the whole thing because I was pulling out every wipe I had in my diaper bag to clean her and cover the floor and one lady said she notified an employee and although we waited, no one ever showed up, so we hurriedly went to the checkout and got out of there. And I wasn't embarrassed at all about it. It's funny thinking about it.

She still hates the carseat and screams in it, so we have yet to go on any trips out of town. And she only sits in the cart and/or stroller for short time periods and then needs to get out and walk, so grocery or shopping trips are typically LONG! It's a fun adventure with Julie the Explorer.
July 28th, 2011, 06:40 PM
JessMitch's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm Jess and my LO is Kenz (short for Mackenzie for those that don't know us). Kenz is going to be 7 months old a week from tomorrow and I cannot believe how fast time has flown. I knew it would but WOW! Hmmm milestones/good stories... what does it say about me that I can't remember at this moment in time?! Let's see, she's working on sitting up on her own. Unless she is leaning forward with her hands on her legs she usually tips over. I've been putting her in her bumbo to help her get used to the position. We've also recently got her going in the pool regularly. She wasn't crazy about it the first couple of times but by the 3rd she decided she liked it. So with this crazy hot weather we're having we've been going to my parents pool a lot!

July 29th, 2011, 04:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Who are you/who is your LO? I'm Deb, he's Logan!
How old is your LO? 5 1/2 months... wah!
Any good stories/milestones? He finally rolled belly to back! yay! And yesterday we met Christina (pebblesbuddy) and Kylie! JM matchmaking? I think so!
Pictures of your LO? Not gonna lie... I'm far too lazy to upload any on photobucket... maybe later.

July 29th, 2011, 05:52 AM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great idea for a thread!! I haven't responded much lately, but I do lurk and love seeing updates and pictures of everyone's bumps and LOs

Who are you/who is your LO? I'm Tina, she's Mari

How old is your LO? 21 months, where does the time fly??

Any good stories/milestones? Her language skills have started to explode, she still signs a great deal of the time, but now we're finally hearing some basic sentences strung together as well

Pictures of your LO? Just updated in my Siggy

TTC? Not quite yet, but hoping to at this time next year!! Praying for a summer break baby (since I'm in school FT and that would be the ideal time)

July 29th, 2011, 01:06 PM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
Who are you/who is your LO? I am Candace, LO is Lilyan
How old is your LO? 14 months next week
Any good stories/milestones? She says all sorts of words at school (so they say haha) but at home everything is dog and sebstain (our dog).
Pictures of your LO? My sigguy is about a month or two old

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
July 29th, 2011, 02:10 PM
bliss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Who are you/who is your LO?
How old is your LO?
Any good stories/milestones?
Pictures of your LO?

Great updates from everyone.
I'm bliss and my LO is Eli (aka the Fighter Bean )
He's 5 months already!!! Gosh.
He's just starting the jumping/laughing/squealing phase lol so he's lotsa fun! We also just started trying solids.

July 30th, 2011, 01:59 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Who are you? Feeling pretty good. Still have a lot of nausea. Some days worse than others.
How far along are you? I'm 17 weeks
What is up with you? I've gained 5lbs total and a little sad about that, but my weight gain is a lot less than last time. I'm sure some of it is water weight because my OB told me to increase my salt intake thanks to my low bp and dizzy spells.
Pictures of your bump/nursery/ultrasounds? Will try to post one tomorrow. I've been really bad about taking pics this time. We have our gender scan on Aug. 23rd and will definately post a u/s pic then!

Who are you/who is your LO? Marina
How old is your LO? 16 months
Any good stories/milestones? She is talking up a storm. DH counted about 50 words! (That's including the noises she makes for animals.) She is a total daddy's girl and doesn't want much to do with me when he's around which makes me very sad. One of her big things lately is that she will give us kisses when we ask. She loves giving me kisses and is so sweet about it
Pictures of your LO?

Here's us petting a giraffe for the first time You can see a bit of my bump (I look at least 6 months prego )

These are at a new park in town that has a splash park included

And my bump at 17 weeks

Last edited by MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy; August 5th, 2011 at 04:18 PM.
July 31st, 2011, 07:10 AM
JustLiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love this!

Who are you/who is your LO? I'm Liz and LO is Desmond

How old is your LO? 5 months last week.

Any good stories/milestones? Just learned to roll back-to-front and sit without assistance.

Pictures of your LO?

Thank you Vicki!

July 31st, 2011, 07:31 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Who are you? Erica
How far along are you? 24 weeks 3 days
What is up with you? Not a whole lot. Still trying to figure out a name for her.
Pictures of your bump/nursery/ultrasounds? My 24 week bump.

who is your LO? Darcy
How old is your LO? 8 months on August 12th
Any good stories/milestones? she's started crawling,pulling herself up, and sitting.
Pictures of your LO?

August 4th, 2011, 09:40 AM
doodisgurl89's Avatar Super Mommy
Yay! It's so good to hear about you ladies! Not sure if you lurked on regular TTC but dr finally gave me clomid. I am 3dpo and my temps are AMAZING!! Never had a cycle look this good so hopefully I'll join you soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search