Questions questions for you btdt girls!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2011, 09:44 AM
Shaylyn's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Shaylyn Send a message via Skype™ to Shaylyn
I'm Shaylyn for those that dont know me, I ttc for 29 months when our first iui worked. My first beta was 50 at 13dpo and 114 at 15dpo. But my progesterone was only 9.8 and my re likes it about 20 so they prescribed me 200 mg of prometrium twice a day, anyone had to take prometrium? My second question is I have had this very deep cramping throughout my whole uterus from the day I found out until now, the day I had my first beta is when the cramping was the worst and it's getting better but it still freaks me out. It's more with I'm up moving around or like last night it woke me up, but I think last nights was due to gas, because after I passed the gas I felt 100% better. Any advice please flood me with it. I also have my first exam/ultrasound scheduled for 6w5d is that a good time to be able to see the heartbeat? Thank you ladies!

Last edited by Shaylyn; July 31st, 2011 at 09:46 AM.
July 31st, 2011, 10:08 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
you can probably see the hb then...

as for the cramping, i've had it this time it was really noticeable until about 6-7 weeks and has subsided since then...i still get it sometimes but not often. i think of it as growing pains...i dont' remember having it with tyler but apparently i've blocked a lot of things out from early on, lol!!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
July 31st, 2011, 10:04 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I saw nothing on my u/s at 5 weeks and one week later at 6 weeks there was a hb so at 6 weeks 5 days you should be able to see it. As far as the cramping, I had it horrible at 4 weeks till about 8 weeks. The gas cramps were mixed in too. I think it gets worst when you get as constipated as I do, makes the gas cramps horrendous. Congrats on good numbers. My numbers didn't double but for every 3.5 days so yay for that.
August 1st, 2011, 03:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
First off, congratulations!!!

I had cramping on and off for the first few weeks of pregnancy, then it subsided.

At my first appointment, I was 7 w 1 day, but measuring a bit smaller than that so they could see the heartbeat, but they couldn't measure it. They were able to measure it 2 weeks later.

August 2nd, 2011, 09:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Pebblesbuddy
Congrats!!!

I had cramping until 16 weeks. It's just your uterus stretching out and getting used to having a baby in there!

I took promethium. It helped to an extent. I always hovered around 16 or so and stopped taking it at 13 weeks.

GL I am sure all will be fine!!
August 3rd, 2011, 07:37 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congrats!
August 4th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Thanks for sharing the experiences. The cramping is more concentrated on the side I o'd from so now nervous nelly is worrying about ectopic. But I also think, isn't that where I'd be stretching and making room is the side of my uterus that the baby most likely attached to? Ughhhh this business of being pregnant is freaking me out!

August 4th, 2011, 02:15 PM
LuvMyToriBug's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just a though from an OLDIE.....................You can get dehydrated really easily now that you are pregnant. Do you drink alot of water? Anyway, cramping is pretty normal, especially early on in pregnancy with all of the changes taking place in your body. You might just swig on some water and see if that helps just in case you are cramping because of being dehydrated.

As for Prometrium.....is your doctor going to test your progesterone level again? I did not take prometrium but I did take progesterone capsules vaginally. I understand that they are more effective than the oral.

August 4th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Well, I guess I don't drink quite enough about 2 32oz glasses. I should really start measuring it. I notice the cramping more when I'm at home then when I'm at work.. I take them vaginally, I'm hoping they check my progesterone again. Maybe at my first appt.

August 5th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Sounds like you are getting a good amount of water.

I think that I would request my progesterone be checked to make sure you are taking enough. One of my pregnancies, I had to take up to three capsules per day until my level raised.

August 5th, 2011, 10:47 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Congrats!! Both pregnancies I had to take progesterone twice daily (suppositories) and even though it was annoying it was well worth it. I also had cramping too with both of them. At 6wks 5 days you should be able to see a heartbeat. With Darcy we saw it at 5 weeks 6 days and with this one it was at 7 weeks. I tried to do an early one at 5 weeks and all we saw was the sac which scared me. I hope you have a very healthy and relaxing pregnancy and can't wait to hear how your appointment goes.

August 5th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Sota's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have anything new to add, but I wanted to say Congratulations!!
August 5th, 2011, 03:48 PM
When can they test it again for it to have enough time to go up? I take 200mg twice a day. Could it be round ligament? Thanks for all of the congratulating girls.

August 7th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I took prometrium for the first 10 weeks of my pregnancy. I did the suppositories (I think I used 6 tablets a day). I didn't have many side effects except for some bloating. If you are using the suppositories be sure to wear a panty liner as it can get messy!

I also had some cramping at first. It's normal for a lot of women to experience this.

My first u/s was at 7 weeks, my RE won't do one before then as it is not very accurate until then.
August 8th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Yes, they could possibly see the increase in progesterone if you were to be tested again. How long have you been on it? I think my dr tested my HCG and prog. for a start level, prescribed me the prog. then rechecked about 3-4 days later.

August 8th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Today is the 12th day, so they should be able to recheck it now then. I'll call my RE and see what they say

Okay, I just called, and the nurse said because it's a vaginal suppository that the progesterone is local so it doesn't curculate through the blood stream it just has an affect on the uterus, so the blood level doesn't usually change, so they don't retest for it. Boy I hope that it's okay.

Last edited by Shaylyn; August 8th, 2011 at 10:56 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search