Doppler help!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2011, 05:09 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So I got my doppler in and I found a hb right where I thought baby was. Mine baby had been off to the right during the u/s so that where I looked for it. I definitely found what appears to be a hb but it's soo low. It ranges anywhere from 70-115???? Is that my hb or the babies?
August 1st, 2011, 05:11 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
that's you. Baby's heartbeat should be over 120 minimum...my little beast has been running anywhere between 155-180ish. Sounds like a galloping horse, not a heartbeat. I'd suggest looking up a youtube video so you can get an idea of what you're looking for

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
August 1st, 2011, 05:23 PM
Thanks, maybe I can't hear it yet. I can't find a noise anywhere else.
August 1st, 2011, 05:36 PM
Yea looks like I can't hear it. Hopefully I will be able to soon but I'm not going to lie, I'm actually really worried now.
August 1st, 2011, 05:51 PM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
Aw Danee please don't worry. It's super early to be able to find the HB on a doppler. My dr wouldn't even try it until I was 13 weeks. When she did find it at 13 weeks it was really, really low...like right above where the bikini line begins.

I would start on the left, really low and move across slowly then move up. But maybe put it away until you're a tiny bit farther along? I know, easier said than done!
August 1st, 2011, 07:03 PM
I know it can be early but seeing other people be able to get it at nine weeks makes nervous. This baby is going to give me a heart attack one of these days.
August 1st, 2011, 07:17 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Please dont worry, I'm skinnier than dental floss, so, I "Should" have been able to pick up my baby very early...but my uterus is slightly retroverted...and I couldnt find Kaiden on a good doppler until I was 12.5 weeks (the day before my NT scan)...I started trying (every single day) from 10 weeks on...also, after I got it that one time, it took me about 2 more weeks until I could find it consistently...

so again, DONT WORRY!!

PS-finding baby is going to be super super super low...lower than you would ever expect...
August 1st, 2011, 08:18 PM
I found it!!! Finally lol. He's located around the bikini area to the left and he definitely likes to move. I can stay on him but if I start talking I lose him, I can't wait until it's consistent.
August 1st, 2011, 09:34 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was going to say, you practically have to put it on your pubic bone at this point. So glad you found the HB! I just ordered a doppler today and can't wait to use it. They've tried listening at the doctors office, but it was just too early, so when it comes in at the end of the week, we'll be hearing the HB for the first time.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
August 1st, 2011, 11:41 PM
It took me quite awhile to find mine and I don't think the doctor would take that much time to locate it. I'd get it there and if my hand flinched it was gone. But it's such a relief to finally hear it because I spotted for a month and I just didn't know if the baby had made it through all that or not. Hopefully I'm in the clear now since the spotting officially stopped a few days ago.
August 2nd, 2011, 09:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Pebblesbuddy
I never got anything consistent until I was 11 weeks pregnant. I just remember she was always really really low. You will definitely notice the difference. The baby's heartbeat seems like insane fast.
August 2nd, 2011, 12:34 PM
i saw your video on fb today. My monkey doesn't stick around long either. So it's a he now huh?? And also likes to hang on the left side. Apparently big brother has intuition and he rammed me right in the spot where baby likes to hang out. It's gonna be a long 7 more months with him going crazy, lol!

August 2nd, 2011, 12:43 PM
OH no lol. They're already fighting Kate! I seem to be calling the kid a he lately, just setting myself up for it lol.
August 2nd, 2011, 01:50 PM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
Yay I am glad you were able to hear the heartbeat! What an awesome sound. If you listen to old wives tales, 177 is in the girl range! But, those aren't always true...my LO's HB was always BOY range and I'm having a girl!
August 4th, 2011, 06:06 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
Glad you were able to find the heartbeat!! Isn't it a great feeling.....don't be surprised if sometimes you can't find it.... baby has little ways of hiding sometimes!!

August 4th, 2011, 12:50 PM
yep and tyler's hb was always high and he's def a girl!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search