pillows

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2011, 07:05 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
Well I'm already having trouble getting comfortable to sleep, it's not because of the baby or anything yet but Im so bloated at night that its uncomfortable to lay on my stomach which is how I sleep. Also I know I need to get used to sleeping on my side but I cant seem to stay on my side and I wake up with an achy back from all these weird positions I end up in. So my question is what have you done or are you doing about sleeping. The maternity pillows are so expensive I don't know if it's worth it or if I could even afford one if it was, but if you have a recommendation I'm open! I need to sleep now while I can lol!

September 5th, 2011, 08:47 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Becky! I answered you in my DDC, but will answer again in case you see this first. Right now I put a pillow in front to help support my belly and another behind me to keep from rolling off of my side right away. I hope you can get sleep soon!

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
September 5th, 2011, 09:33 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My legs are really hurting lately and my fibro is flaring up so I think next paycheck I'll be buying that preggo pillow thing. It wraps around your body basically and through your legs which I really need.
September 6th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have a pregnancy pillow and SWORE by it!!! If you can afford it, it's the best investment (think about all the nights you'll be sleeping from now until baby is born).

I agree with a pillow under your belly and one on your back. That helps too.

September 6th, 2011, 10:30 AM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
I seriously love my pregnancy pillow. When we go out of town I bring it with! Around the second trimester my back started to be achy in the morning so DH went to BRU and bought me a pregnancy pillow and the next morning my back didn't hurt! Now I'm at the point where it's hurting again but I think it's because my belly is so big. I love that is wraps around and goes through your legs, so comfy. DH tries to steal it sometimes I'd definitely splurge on one if you can.
September 6th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Pebblesbuddy
I just used to regular pillows. one underneath my belly and one between my legs. Worked great!
September 8th, 2011, 04:36 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
I agree about the pregnancy pillow. I think the one I had is called a snoogle and absolutely loved it. I wish I could figure out where I put it since i'd so use it now.

September 10th, 2011, 07:28 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
Thanks for all the suggestions, I decided to try a regular body pillow, but it doesnt seem to be working out that well, last night I finally got really comfortable to fall asleep but I woke up in the night with the pillow at the bottom of the bed and already achy I'm going to wait until my appointment before I invest in anything but Im starting to really think about a pregnancy pillow, I think I need somenthing in front and in back.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search