How did you...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2012, 09:15 PM
SFGiantsGirl's Avatar Super Mommy
....tell your family you were pregnant?? I haven't told mine or DH's family yet. He wants to have everyone together and tell them all together. I kinda want to tell them separately. What did you do??

February 1st, 2012, 06:31 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
With Darcy I told my mom first since we did IUI and she was the one to give me the trigger shot. We had a bbq for dh's family at 10 weeks and told them, and the rest of my family and fb found out at my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary party.

Rowan I told my mom at 5 weeks, his family at 7 weeks after we had an ultrasound confirming everything was good, and my family when I went out to see them last June. I was so scared to tell everyone since Darcy was almost 3 months old when I found out I was pregnant.

February 1st, 2012, 03:04 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was unexpectedly able to tell my mom in person. I wasn't trying that month so I was as to surprise her with it. I put a gift bag together of all kinds of baby items and at the bottom I had a framed picture of the pregnancy tests with the EDD on it. I was able to film it too which was neat but I can't show it to anyone lol. My mom thought I had hidden the pregnancy from her and thought I was pregnant from my IUIs and not from Dave lol. She kept guessing at how I got pregnant and Dave was her third choice. To anyone else they wouldn't get it and it'd probably look bad so I have it just for me. Either way she was crying and happy and it was fun to do.
February 2nd, 2012, 02:50 AM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thats so cute Danee! Im glad it worked out for you to be able to be there in person to tell your mom!
February 2nd, 2012, 06:44 AM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
I hope to do something a bit more exciting with the next one, but I told my mom at 7 wks, (this was with the second pregnancy, as I miscarried the first time) We told the remainder of our family about 2 weeks later when it accidently came out on FB that I was preggers.

February 2nd, 2012, 11:43 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
the first time we also had a miscarraige.we told everyone right away (same time day just different times). With his family we gave my niece a positive digi to open. THen we gave my parents an "anniversary" gift to open.

with tyler i found out in february but decided to tell at Easter when i was a bit past 10 weeks. we made easter baskets full of baby goodies and i made little cards with an ultrasound pic on them.

With Emily we waited until 15-16 weeks to tell. I wanted to wait til we had an ultrasound again, which was at 13weeks. We had kind of a debacle with DH's mom finding out last with Tyler (all because we selfishly wanted to tell her in person, ) so we planned to tell everyone at once. We had a big labor day bbq and invited everyone...we gave them pics of tyler wearing a big brother onesie and holding a sonoframe/picture. That way everyone found out at the same time!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
February 2nd, 2012, 01:42 PM
We were thinking maybe on saturday that we could have everyone over to our place for dessert. I was thinking of making a cake and writing on it that we are expecting Not sure yet if we will do that or wait till we get a sonogram first. I dont go to the doctor till the 13th and then after that we schedule the first sonogram. I don't think I can wait that long...lol!!

February 2nd, 2012, 02:44 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I told my mom right away pretty much. After that we told everyone at 7 weeks. I started spotting at 5 weeks and didn't really stop until 9 weeks. Since I had seen the hb, I felt better about announcing it even though we were still in limbo about what was going to happen with the baby. I will say that I think announcing it made it so much more stressful. I just didn't want to have to answer questions if we lost the baby. We will definitely wait longer with our next one but with the first baby it is just so exciting it's hard to keep it in and I had had a previous m/c even.
February 2nd, 2012, 05:44 PM
It is so hard to keep it in. I want to ask questions and tell all my friends and family. But I know I have to wait at least a little longer. We will tell family soo. But everyone else will get told later when it's totally 100% for sure!

February 2nd, 2012, 06:32 PM
SabrinaH's Avatar Pregnant with #1!
Our closest family members lives 800 miles away and the farthest ones and the majority of them live over 3,000 miles away so there is no way we can tell them all together. I'm thinking of putting together a photo pregnancy announcement card and mailing them off to them, but I'll write on the envelope that they have to call before opening it because I'd like to hear their excitement. I have the cards all put together in my head we just have to take the picture!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search