Some Updates to the TTC #1 Grads Board...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
I understand where you were coming from Tammy. I just thought we were a small enough group that was fairly tight knit and that we could just talk about it and come to some consensus. I agree that ttc#1 posts could be taken into consideration which would help figure something out. I personally didn't see it as a big deal because again, it is such a small group and we don't get fly by posters like the main part does who are sometimes trolls, sometimes not. Most of the group who is active now was very active in ttc#1 recently and all knows each other. I would take into consideration that I can't use a tone of voice on here otherwise you would have known that I wasn't trying to attack you, I was simply nonchalant about the whole thing because it was supposed to be something fairly simple, and laid back. It seemed like we are making it way more complicated than it has to be when everybody who posts in grads right now exclusively posts in their and each others journals so either it doesn't count and we have to use something besides post count to get in, or it does count and the same people get in because they are active and have the post count, otherwise no one could be in it. I didn't mean that anyone should have access which is why i said that only currently active members, or anyone who should become currently active with whatever post count is decided on. I apologize if you felt attacked. As far as the "rules" I meant that we could make up whatever rules we want to make it work for us as I am sure Karin would have, individually or as a group. Polls aren't bad by any means, just seemed to overcomplicate something easy but if it needs to be done, it needs to be done.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
June 16th, 2012, 06:53 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Wow, hi ladies! I just wanted to chime in that I have been reading all the comments, but not currently feeling too hot (more tired than anything now), so im on my phone, making lengthy typing hard. I will comment more tomorrow or Mon, but please know that I just want what is best for everyone who has interest, and will treat the situation accordingly.

I do appreciate all the feedback and comments thus far...xxoo

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 16th, 2012, 06:58 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallee View Post
Wow that was quite uncalled for. In terms of the the "long term members" I'm sorry that over the last year plus some doesn't count as long enough for you for me to have an opinion. You also entirely missed my point. In my own ddc or ttc#1 if I didn't meet the activity requirements, I wouldn't expect whatsoever to be included in the hideaway. Same as if I left for whatever reason and then came back and said, oh hey, since you know me, let me in the hideaway K? Every hideaway I have seen says that you have to be active in the particular group for the past 30 days and active is defined in various manners, from 3 posts a week to 5 or whatever. IF people wanted to return to the board because of increased activity, great. That is awesome. We want grads to pick up. That means they would meet the requirement eventually to get in. Regardless of why most of the grads left, they left. There are ones that still post frequently in others journals and such who would probably meet any requirements thrown out there. I SPECIFICALLY said that i didn't even think a post count was necessary because of the type and nature of this forum. This is something that may very well exclude ALL of the grads who left who had the journals and stuff removed. I was concerned of the ACTIVITY not the post count which is the only thing the journals would apply to. I said that it should be current members as in people currently posting that are let in. If you don't keep a journal in here or start a new one at the moment, don't post in the general section, and don't post updates about yourself or post in ttc again (which I don't look in so I have no knowledge of who posts over there) I don't know why anyone would expect to be in a hideaway of a group they don't participate in until they start participating in it again. I don't know if you are implying that I haven't been around in GRADS long enough but if so, I spose neither has Karin or Tammy as we are all in the newly pregnant group. I never said or meant that those that previous grads should be excluded, but why would they be INCLUDED if they don't post here anymore? They would need to be back posting again to be included in a private section. Your right that it will be up to the MEMBERS of the board, as in people who actually come to the board and post to decide how it is set up. I simply was saying that Karin has been around long enough and is PERFECTLY competent enough to make sure everyone's needs are met. Both groups and passworded sections are available and either one could be set up to accommodate whatever requirements get set up. I didn't see why a federal case needed to be made of setting up a hideaway when there wasn't one previously for the few ladies who have recently started caring to try to get the board active, including restarting chat, going to chat, and being active here. I really have nothing else to say on the matter besides this is all sort of ridiculous. It was supposed to be something happy/fun to get grads going.
Ok, stop. You need to get off of the defensive. Every time Tam posted anything, you were right behind her to jump all over it. Quit taking this so personally. No, I don't mean older members as in grads, I mean of the girls who started together in TTC#1, some of whom have moved over to the grads side. There are valid reasons why many are not here and most are through no fault of their own. So yes, they deserve to be grandfathered in so to speak and not have to start over trying to reach the 200 or so posts that were required to gain access. Regular activity yes, but not something that sometimes takes members months to reach.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
June 16th, 2012, 07:15 PM
I said that I didn't think a post count was necessary. I also said I thought it should be activity based. So I guess we fully agree and the rest of your post is then irrelevant. As far as the rest of it, it would be between Tammy and myself and as such I apologized to HER that she felt attacked as it wasn' t my intention. I also said that I fully understood why the previous grads aren't here and if they wanted to come back and be active, of course they would qualify if it was activity based as I suggested in the FIRST place. As you haven't been around in the last year when I have, I will assume you don't know me or my intentions or what my tone was. I would appreciate it if you would not address me directly any further.

June 16th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallee View Post
I said that I didn't think a post count was necessary. I also said I thought it should be activity based. So I guess we fully agree and the rest of your post is then irrelevant. As far as the rest of it, it would be between Tammy and myself and as such I apologized to HER that she felt attacked as it wasn' t my intention. I also said that I fully understood why the previous grads aren't here and if they wanted to come back and be active, of course they would qualify if it was activity based as I suggested in the FIRST place. As you haven't been around in the last year when I have, I will assume you don't know me or my intentions or what my tone was. I would appreciate it if you would not address me directly any further.
Oh. My. Word. That was amusing! Ok...so anywho. Karin, do you know if the private boards on these boards are like they used to be or are they like in the DDC's and PR's? I like that set up much better because it's easier to see who's there and it's a lot easier for the hosts to keep track of everything that way.

June 17th, 2012, 12:03 PM
I just wanted to throw an apology out there to anyone I may have offended yesterday. I was seemingly having major issues trying to communicate what I was trying to say and was in a rotten mood. This week is not my week and I was up all night upset that I may have offended someone or hurt their feelings. I took offense at some things that were said because I read too much in to them because I was in a sensitive mood and for that I am sorry. I hope you all know I love all you guys and hope you can understand. I really don't have an opinion or care anymore what happens as it really doesn't matter in the long run. I think I am in panic mode that my NT scan won't go well tomorrow and that just piled on some stress going on in our lives. Again, Im sorry.

June 17th, 2012, 01:21 PM
No worries, Crystal. I apologize as well. I wasn't as clear on things as I should have been. My mom had just flown home last night and I was as exhausted as could be from the busy visit as well as the stress of her leaving and stuff with the baby's therapy, etc. in all of the muck there are good suggestions so I know something that works for everyone can be figured out.

June 17th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Everything is all good, I didn't mean to overreact either

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 18th, 2012, 04:21 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

I just got to the main grads board today. I admit, that I mostly only go straight to the TTC#1 journals and TTC#1 grads journals for my posting/reading. My personal opinion is that before a hideaway gets set up or gets active, I'd really like TTC#1 main board to be active. The posts seem to be few and far between, but maybe if there were some kind of weekly (or maybe daily) going-ons, maybe all grads, new and old, could come back together and develop better relationships with each other. It would also open up the door to be able to ask specific questions and actually get a response in a reasonable time frame rather than weeks later. I think THEN would be a great time to open up a hideaway because there would be more activity on the main board as well, and it would also be easier for people to meet post requirements (IF that is how the hideaway will be handled. I have no opinion on post requirements/terms either way!). As of now I only post questions and whatnot in my journal or my DDC. The problem is that TTC#1 is and always will be my home, so the DDC just doesn't always "do it" for me.

Just my

June 18th, 2012, 10:25 AM
First, thank you all for your candid feedback and suggestions. I didn't realize I might be opening a huge can of worms when I posted this question, but I'm very glad I did.

I had been reading the responses throughout the weekend, but as I mentioned, had either been feeling poopy, or been busy, so I haven't been on a computer until now.

Here are my thoughts:

1. I am going to remove the stickies I mentioned. I don't think anyone is in disagreement over that.
2. I am going to hold off on creating a hideaway for now. Not only is there some (or was some) disagreement over the "rules", but given the lack of participation in the main board (GREAT point Dani), I'm not sure how much it would be used anyway.
3. I am going to make an effort, while I am still host here, to get the main grads board moving again. It may not happen, it may just not be in the cards, but I'm going to give it an honest effort.

I know that for many of us, we have spent more time on TTC #1 than anywhere else. For me, it's been my home. For that reason, many of us feel far more comfortable here than in our own DDCs. As such, this is why many of you keep your journals here (and those that lost their journals, might still be keeping them up if it hadn't been for the JM glitch!).

So for now, that's where things are. As for getting more activity on this board, I am open to suggestions. I feel I have done a decently good job of keeping the TTC #1 board moving along, not without Dawn's awesome help of course, so many of my ideas may just be duplicate of what I do there. But it will be a start.

I will remain, as always, open to any feedback and suggestions along the way.

Thanks again for everyone's open and honest feedback!
xx

June 18th, 2012, 11:44 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My JOURNAL!!!!!!!!!!!

I still grieve it's loss. That's honestly when I left and stopped checking everyday, I was just so fed up with it.
June 18th, 2012, 12:03 PM
If this thread did anything for me, it was a reminder to keep my PG journals (yes I will have 2), copied/pasted in a document OUTside of JM. I remember the heartbreak y'all went through when they disappeared. I really don't want that to happen to me.

How's Mason?? I bet he's getting big! Good weather we've got this week, too

June 18th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great idea Dani! And since most of us in this group know each other we should be able to get the main board moving. I'd love to have some of the grads come back but I do know they lurk and would probably post answers if we had questions They talk about their playrooms, they still pop into journals... that's what I liked about the grads before, it was a mix of newly pregnant and new moms so you got to see questions and answers for both situations which are applicable now and if not will be soon

I had a friend ask if I keep a journal and I told her an online one and after this thread I'm going to find a book to record things there as well, I still love paper and can carry it around with me, but this journal is all I've got and the only place I'd be recording milestones and whatnot and would hate to lose all that info...

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 19th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
wow, just getting caught up here When I was pg with Bella this board was VERY active!! I miss that Now that I'm onto #2, I would like to be able to contribute for all the first time mamas here.

I'm glad you aren't going to do a hideaway, Karin, because I think everyone who had access who post more in there and then the board would fizzle out again. I try to keep up with my journal here and post my belly pics (which seems to be biweekly...I'm so bad this time around hehe).

And yes, keep your pregnancy journal elsewhere because it is very devestating to have it disappear and not be able to get it back. I have a journal here and in my ddc as well as saved as a word doc on my computer that is backed up. I made my first journal into a book for Bella so she can read all about how I felt throughout her pregnancy and plan to do the same for this one.

June 19th, 2012, 07:54 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
I agree with Danee it was devestating losing my journal, it was a struggle to come back, looking back I wish I would have doen what you are doing Karin. I just would have been nice.....

I really would be nice to see the main section of the Grads board hopping again!! It woudl be nice to see the milestones of the pregnant ladies and what milestones the babies are hitting...

June 19th, 2012, 08:15 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He's getting so big Karin. I'll post an update so you can see him. And the weather is awesome. I may take him to the Wild Animal park this weekend just to walk around and get some air. It's been a little hot the last few days but I still haven't had to run my AC which is nice. I'm trying to avoid the huge bill lol. Once I buy a new and easier to operate thermostat tonight then I'll run it probably.
June 19th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Ya, it's actually supposed to cool off today, so I'm headed to the Park in about 15 actually...just because it's been too hot lately, and I've been so freaking tired I can't stand to even stand for more than 10 minutes at a time. DH keeps saying it will get better in the 2nd tri. I sure hope so....I can't complain about much else, but I have no energy, and since most of my free time was spent at the park, I haven't been doing that as much, and i MISS my animal friends!

Saw your update post...thanks, he's adorable!
x

Thanks to everyone again for your feedback. I am going to try my best to get the grads out of the woodwork and get this board active again. Not sure how long I will/should stay on as host of the TTC #1 board, given my situation, but if I can work it that I can play "Grads Host", maybe that's a good enough reason to stay without offending any non-grads. We will see.

But in the meantime, glad to see the positive feedback about getting this board going again!

June 22nd, 2012, 04:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
i still lurk....

Pretty sure I am pregnant with #2 in the last updated preggo tickers thing

There is/was a previous private group... i think its in the 'social' part now.. if i can remember how to get there I will check! I dont think its been posted in for ages!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search