Tasty Tuesday!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2012, 09:09 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
What's on the menu for today, ladies? Breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner...whatever!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 19th, 2012, 09:55 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My appetite has died, so I kind of skipped breakfast, other than some calcium-fortified OJ. Lunch was mozzarella string cheese, applesauce, a cup of diced peaches, vanilla pudding, pineapple, and fruit snacks. I didn't have DH make me a sandwich this AM because I didn't think I'd need it. Good thing too because I still have grapes and berries in my lunchbox that probably won't get eaten today!

Dinner is a toss up between sausage links or chicken--depends on which one is defrosted more by the time we get home

My main concern is drinking enough water today. I failed at the yesterday (baaad), so I need to be more mindful about it today since the weather is getting humid!

June 19th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Breakfast - A slice of cinnamon toast and a shot of decaf espresso

Morning snack - A banana

Lunch - A Kashi frozen meal - Mayan Harvest Bake (plantains, sweet potato, black beans, kale, whole grain mix, pumpkin seeds, ancho sauce)

Afternoon snack will be strawberries and probably some cheese and crackers

Dinner - Not sure yet

June 19th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im making spaghetti for dinner... nothing fancy... but I LOVE IT!!! I think I could eat it at least once a week! with my home made sauce of course! I havent been to hungry either... and when I dont eat I dont drink enough water either... so I just will have to force it down...
June 19th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
Lunch - A Kashi frozen meal - Mayan Harvest Bake (plantains, sweet potato, black beans, kale, whole grain mix, pumpkin seeds, ancho sauce)
Love the Mayan Harvest Bake. One of my favs! Have you tried their new steam meals yet? How about their pizzas. I love Kashi pizza. And Kashi waffles, but they don't have great distribution on those, so they are hard to find. (I used to work there, so I have access to pretty much any Kashi I want. Nice added bonus )

June 19th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Breakfast: Bacon, egg and cheese on low carb toast with diet V8 splash and my one cup of coffee a day

Snack: a few spoonful of peanut butter

Lunch: huge salad with turkey pepperoni, cut up colby jack cheese, cucumbers, shredded chicken (leftover from dinner last night) and ranch dressing

Snack: chocolate protein shake with light soy milk (lots of ice and it was almost a thick milkshake!!)

Dinner: spaghetti squash bake with turkey and cheese (new recipe)

I have to low carb, can you tell??

June 19th, 2012, 05:57 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Breakfast: 3 eggs and oatmeal
Lunch: 6 inch veggie patty sub from Subway
Dinner: Quinoa and veggies with Quorn
Dessert: my "Chocolate concoction" - whip cream, a tablespoon of suger and cocoa (tastes just like chocolate mousse but only like 100 calories (only problem is that I had 2 of them)

PS-Lyz, do tell about that spaghetti squash bake!!
June 20th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The spaghetti squash bake:

preheat oven to 350

cook squash as you would normally. I then cooked the tukey meat with onions and garlic and some oter spices I felt like putting in Once that's cooked, pour in a jar of spaghetti sauce (or homemade if that's your thing....I use light for less carbs). Add in the squash and then pour into an 8x8 top with parm cheese and then cheddar cheese and bake for 15 minutes or so.

DH LOVED this, I thought it was so-so but it was a nice change from chicken breasts every night. You can make it vegetarian with boca crumbles which I bet would be good

June 20th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Thanks for sharing Lyz, that sounds deeeelish! Will be adding to our summer "new recipes to try" list!

x

Tags
tuesday

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search