Rqotd: 6/20/2012

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Mom2JDub
  • 1 Post By Lyz
  • 2 Post By DaniM0820
  • 1 Post By kbpeanut

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2012, 08:54 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
For FTMs, what scares you most about becoming a mom?
For BTDTMs, do you remember what you were most scared of when you were pregnant for the first time?

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 20th, 2012, 09:10 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm seriously afraid of dropping him
I would always have dreams of dropping babies, and sometimes they are so squirmy!
I dropped a puppy once and felt awful. Luckily I was about to put it on the ground so it wasn't too much of a drop, but still!

And then there's that whole thing about how now I'm responsible for another LIFE and don't want to screw it up!

June 20th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
FTM here - I'm not really scared about all of the things that come along with a baby and toddler and child. I know that DH and I will figure it all out together. I'm just nervous about finding the right balance and not over-parenting or under-parenting. I just want us to raise a productive member of society who is generous and compassionate and humble and hard-working.

I've seen great people raise terrible kids... and vice versa. I just don't want to screw my kid up for life.
Mrs.Paradise and jojo2bee like this.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
June 20th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
BTDT mama:

I wasn't scared to be a mom and knew that DH and I would both be hands on and split the responsibilities..... what scared me was labor I remember being 32 weeks and saying to my sister "holy ****....I'm actually going to have to get this baby OUT!!!" This time around, I'm not scared of labor, I'm nervous about the first few weeks and being sooooo sleep deprived with an almost 3 year old. I'm feeling the normal feelings going from 1-2 kids. I'm also nervous of going into labor early because I have been having some pretty wicked BHs and pressure. I don't want him to come any earlier than 37 weeks!!!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

June 20th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Lyz, your siggy photo is so cute.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
June 20th, 2012, 12:22 PM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
I'm afraid I'll trip and fall down the stairs while holding my LO.

My biggest fear is just not doing a good job raising her. I want her to be kind, stand up for others, compassionate, smart, motivated, ect.

Now that she's mobile and climbing up on things, I'm afraid she'll fall and hit her face or head.
June 20th, 2012, 12:56 PM
As a FTM, I'm scared of everything. I know I will be a great mom and that DH will be a great dad. I know that responsibilities will be split, and he will help out. I fear the things that is common with many FTMs...dropping baby, doing something that inadvertantly brings harm, not feeding enough/the right way, etc. But I'm confident it will all work out just fine. I am terrified of labor, though. I am not good with pain. NOT GOOD. Medicate, medicate, medicate. As much as I *love* the idea of natural, and as much as it fits with my point of view on things, I know there is no way I could do it. At least not first time around...

x

June 20th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im with Adrienne... Im not so worried about the whole taking care of baby... Im more worried about how hes going to turn out... I just want him to know how much he is loved ALL THE TIME! and be confident and a GREAT addition to society! I want him to be smart and kind and understanding! I want him to have a GREAT outlook on life! and be happy! I want him to be a hard worker! if he turns out like his daddy I will be a VERY HAPPY and PROUD MAMA!!!

Im nervous about the labor/birth... but I know I can do it! my body was made for this!
June 20th, 2012, 10:47 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
FTM here - I think my biggest worrie is ditto with Adrienne! I don't want to screw him up and ruin his life! I would also have to say I'm worried about not being able to calm him and recognize his crys. I don't want to be that mom that walks up to like DH or my mom or someone crying and hand them my LO and say fix it haha!

June 21st, 2012, 08:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
Lyz, your siggy photo is so cute.
Thanks! I should get one made saying we are having a boy but I'm too lazy

Funny story about that pic. My friend took it and I was just shy of 12 weeks (this is how we announced on facebook to everyone). Anyway, it was FREEZING outside and Bella would NOT cooperate! So, the little girl standing next to me is my niece, Sophia...she was a total stand in haha! Everytime I look at it, it cracks me up!

June 21st, 2012, 08:53 AM
That's hysterical! I LOVE this picture, and what a cute way to announce it on FB. I *may* have to steal your brilliant idea!

June 21st, 2012, 09:10 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
That's hysterical! I LOVE this picture, and what a cute way to announce it on FB. I *may* have to steal your brilliant idea!
If you do that, Karin, then you'll have to include the 8 feet of dogs you've got in your family
fromustobaby and jojo2bee like this.

June 21st, 2012, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniM0820 View Post
If you do that, Karin, then you'll have to include the 8 feet of dogs you've got in your family
FOR SURE! I wouldn't have it any other way. Now, if only I could figure out how to get the hermit crabs, fish, and gecko feet in there!
fromustobaby likes this.

June 21st, 2012, 07:38 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Because Maiya was breech and we had tried everything to turn her and nothing worked...I was scared out of my mind about the c-section (and it hurt just as bad if not worse than I thought it would) - tip for anyone who is getting one, do NOT google it on youtube before you have one, it will scare the crap out of you!

With Kaiden, I was scared that I would get stretchmarks/saggy skin and losing the pregnancy weight...because I didnt have big babies and because I dont have time to eat much now that they are here I didnt have to worry much about that when I was pregnant with Maiya...LOL!

Tags
qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search