Pregnancy Pillow Recommendations?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2012, 08:45 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I also posted this in my journal, but thought I would post it here as well!

had a really hard time getting comfy last night...I think the time has come to make a decision on my pillow...my belly is just too uncomfortable. I'm between the Snoogle , the Snoogle Loop, and a U shaped version by the same company.

Anyone have any recos? Whether you've had this brand or not, I'm more concerned about the shape/size. What has worked, what did you like about yours if you have/had one?

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
July 26th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
soo it's hard to make a recomendation because it depends on how you sleep. I got a U shaped one with Bella and realized quickly that I hated not using my own pillow. I ended up flipping it over and that seemed to work out fine. I packed it up nicely to use for this pregnancy (because those bad boys are not cheap!) and when I hit the second tri, I tried it and HATED it!! I could not get comfy at all.

I'm actually using a semi-flat body pillow and it works out great. I just need something to go under my belly for support and between my legs for my hips.

So, do you need to use your own pillow? If so, don't go for one that has ne attached to it.

July 26th, 2012, 09:48 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I sleep on my sides; I have my 2 pillows under my head, and then a body pillow on the left side that I drape my leg over to sleep. My belly usually stays pressed against it.
On the right side, I have a wedge pillow, and I love it! It's small and just fits right underneath my belly. I swap sides during my sleep so having something on either side is great for me and I haven't had any issues getting comfy at night (knock on wood).

July 26th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Thanks Ladies! I think the "my pillow" thing is the best advice for me..I am pretty particular about my pillow, and after many years, finally found one I love. I think the U shaped one would be too bulky anyway, and it sounds like the other 2 are smaller. I also sleep on my sides now (but only because I'm not supposed to sleep on my back!)

Thanks Ladies!

July 26th, 2012, 06:10 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Two body pillows, one on either side. Trying to turn over with a snoogle is impossible.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
July 26th, 2012, 07:41 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
I have the boppy body pillow thing and its great, I just dont like to sleep with my head on it, I like my own pillow for that lol but it works great to cuddle up with and the support between my legs. It does depend on the day though if it's comfy or not for me

July 27th, 2012, 05:00 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Target.com : Furniture, Baby, Electronics, Toys,...: Target

This is the one I have. I love it, I still sleep with it at times. I like that you can actually flip over with it. Towards the end of my pregnancy I was sleeping 5 pillows total but I still had this one in the front.
July 27th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
I actually have the same one! I use it backwards of what is in the picture and then stuff another regular pillow under my belly and I am good to go.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
July 27th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Thanks for all the pillow advice ladies! I did a crapload of research, and ended up with the Snoogle. From what I can tell, it will suit my needs the best. However, if it does not, I will be revisiting the Boppy...that was my 2nd choice!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search