October Updates!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree33Likes
  • 2 Post By DeepSouthMommy
  • 5 Post By kbpeanut
  • 4 Post By DaniM0820
  • 3 Post By Belita
  • 2 Post By Mrs.Paradise
  • 4 Post By Lyz
  • 1 Post By ~Momma*2011~
  • 3 Post By DeepSouthMommy
  • 3 Post By fromustobaby
  • 2 Post By MommyLynda
  • 1 Post By jojo2bee
  • 1 Post By polarbearmama
  • 2 Post By hearts.0nfire

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2012, 11:06 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
So many things have changed since our September Updates. What's going on? We have preggo ladies, new babies born and other LO's growing too fast!!

October 18th, 2012, 10:06 AM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Joseph just turned 9 months and is a fireball! He's cruising all over, can stand up now with just something to brace his hands on (he doesn't need something to grab to pull up on anymore) and is testing out his free standing skills as well. He also holds onto the back of his walker and pushes it as he walks behind it. I have a feeling he'll be walking by the end of the month.

His 9 month checkup isn't till next week, so no stats, but the boy is huge! He's also saying a lot. Mama, dada, daddy, mickey, nigh nigh, paw paw, Gi (for his grandmother Gigi) and tons of other words that he just pops out with but doesn't repeat. He's also putting words together. He will tell me, mama, baba, nigh nigh when he's hungry and wants to nap and various combos of that. Also if someone else has him and he gets tired/falls down, he says I want my mama. It's SO sweet!

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
October 18th, 2012, 10:58 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I'm 25w3d today! Seriously thought I'd never be here, but I am! I feel pretty good most of the time...probably the short lived joy that is the 2nd trimester! I have a nice case of sciatica, and some awesome heartburn some nights, but all in all, I'm having a pretty good go of it! It's just nice to have energy again, even if it is short lived.

Scooter is measuring about a week ahead as of my last visit at 24 weeks, but otherwise, looking perfect!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
October 18th, 2012, 12:15 PM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had Jordan September 13th (his EDD!). He was 6lbs, 13oz and 20" long.
We just had his 1 month check up yesterday and he is now 8lbs, 12oz and 21.5" long He's growing well and normal; no issues so that makes me a happy momma!

As of this past week, Jordan has been giving me real smiles everyday He hasn't smiled for his Daddy yet but I know he will--probably sometime this weekend when DH is home all day. Jordan is also a lot more interested in some of his toys, which makes our play time easier and funner!

He still sleeps in 3-5 hour stretches at night, but getting him to settle down the first time (usually between 8 and 9pm) has been taking a long time, so we still need to figure out how to get him settled sooner. Last night I tried putting him down at 8:45 but he didn't fall asleep for real until 10:30!

Last edited by DaniM0820; October 18th, 2012 at 12:18 PM.
October 18th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm 9 days until full-term and my EDD is one month from today!

I stupidly threw out my back rolling over in bed a month ago and even though I've been seeing the doctor, chiropractor, and doing everything possible to make it better, it still hurts quite a bit and from what the doctors are telling me and what I know about back pain I'm thinking we're at a plateau and it won't get any better than this until after Sean is born.

At my 35 week appt on Tuesday I was told I'm 1cm dilated and 50% effaced! I know I can't read too much into it but does lift my spirits a bit and gives me hope Sean will come early (well, early as in after he's full-term but before his EDD).

We're all ready for Sean's arrival! I'm buying snacks today and DH will put the bag in the car tonight. From now on if I'm traveling outside of the town we live in or the town right next to it I'll just throw the last-minute things in DH's shave kit so we don't have to come back to the house if I were to need to go to the hospital since we live 1/2 hour away from it.

I can't wait to meet my little boy!

October 19th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
today is my DD!!! I dont think hes coming any time soon... lol but I would LOVE IT if Im wrong!!! Im soooooooooooooooo excited and ready for my little man!!!
blueeyes25s and ~Momma*2011~ like this.
October 19th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Jackson will be 8 weeks on Monday....seriously?!?! the time is FLYING by! Bella turns 3 on Sunday and her party is tomorrow. It's amazing to have a 3 year old

Jackson is eatng every 2 hours and 4oz at a time. He's a pig!! He has his 2 month appt first week of November but he's a fatty for sure, and I love it He sleeps 3 hours at night and is seriously like clockwork...he is up at that 3 hour mark and wailing for his bottle!

October 19th, 2012, 12:38 PM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
Caylyn is 10 months ( makes me want to cry how fast she is growing) She is my pride and joy. She sleeps through the night and is just now starting to become mobile. Otherwise she is content just sitting and playing. I'm getting so excited for planning her 1st birthday (ok that just made me tear up) and I'm also very excited for the holidays!!

Her 9 month stats were 19.2lbs and 27.5 inches long. She lost over a pound 2 weeks after from being sick but is definatly making up for it, i seriously think she is in a growth spurt. She is still in 6 month clothes but she is growing fast!!

Michelle: I can't believe Joseph is crusing already!!! He needs to slow down... pretty soon he will be running!!

Karin: YAy for viability!! So sorry you are having pain and heartburn, but I can't believe how far along you are now!!

Dani: Jordan is adorable!!! Those are great 1 month stats!!! I really hope you find something to settle him down at night.

Robyn: It's so exciting that your body is making progress already!! Your pregnancy is flying by too!! That's awesome that you are already packed and ready to go in the event that he decides to make his grand entrance!! Good Luck and ELV's when he does come!!

Jess: I love you I really hope that you meet your little man soon!!

Dear Landon,

You have made it to your due date. I understand that it must be nice and comfy inside your mommy but we are waiting to meet you and your mommy wants to wrap her arms around you and give you tons of love!! You are officially served your eviction notice!!

Lyz: 1st both of your children are beauitful!! I can't believe Bella is 3... and Jackson is 8 weeks... So happy he is on a schedule like clockwork... I bet that makes it easier!!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

October 19th, 2012, 08:02 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tell me about it, Jacklyn! I think he understood when the doctors and therapists said he'd crawl and eventually walk, just a lot later than other kids and decided to prove them wrong!

In the meanwhile though, Mommy here is have near heart attacks each day because he's becoming a total daredevil!

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
October 19th, 2012, 10:39 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Michelle - I love the daredevil phase - though it never ends once it starts, its just so much fun as they really grow into their own personality

Karin - So exciting that you have already reached viability - time flies <3

Dani - Jordan is super cute - a belated congrats!!

Robyn - Cant believe its almost time for you, it really feels like just yesterday that you got your BFP (though honestly, it feels like just yesterday that I was still PG with Maiya!)

Jess - Can not wait to meet Landon!! Hope he comes SOON!!

Lyz - How in the world is Bella 3!!!!! OMG!! Jackson is adorable and she looks like such a wonderful big sister!

As for us...
Kaiden is great, full sentences now - finally, but some of his words are so hard to understand - my favorite is shoulder...he pronounces is "Qu-a-doos" and every time he says it I completely bust out laughing... he still does not want to be potty trained at all so diapers it is for the foreseeable future! We have started to do more interactive things with him to get him more social, he does gymnastics 2x/week and daycare 2x/week, I'm constantly told that he is so good and a great listener...he is shy compared to other kids, but not at home

Maiya is growing up SO fast - I just want to slow her down...she is starting to get her butt up to start to crawl (no movement from it quite yet, but Kaiden keeps showing her how to do it) and she is just the happiest baby ever - I LOVE IT!!

Kaiden makes her laugh like no other, he loves making her laugh and she absolutely adores him...the one thing that worried me so much when I was pregnant with her was how he would respond to not being the only center to our universe...he always does so much better than we expect, and I'm so thrilled that he is so great with her

Pics from the past week - we got the Halloween theme going on

October 22nd, 2012, 10:16 AM
Formerly LyndaSLP
Hi everyone, not sure if anyone remembers me. I was Elijah'sMommy. It's been so long since I updated here!
Eli is going to be 3 in December. He's such a love bug! He is starting to use 2-4 word sentences now. He gets a ton of therapy, PT, OT, Speech and special ed but he is making so much progress.
Rochelle is almost 16 months and is quite the princess. She's been using single words, runs all over the place, and gives the cutest attitute
Baby #3 is due in March. This was a huge surprise for us since I was on birth control. It is looking like when I get to my c-section in March, I will be getting my tubes tied and DH will be getting a vasectomy. Otherwise, love feeling baby move and kick, by far my favorite part of pregnancy.

***PLEASE DO NOT MENTION PREGNANCY ON FACEBOOK***

Last edited by MommyLynda; October 22nd, 2012 at 10:19 AM.
October 23rd, 2012, 09:29 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Matthew was born on sept 14th, 3 days before my EDD of sept 17. He was 8lb 4oz 20 1/2 inches and wasborn at 2:12pm. I had to get an ER c-section but Matthew and I are doing great. I'm so happy I didnt have to get induced and he came on his own!

Things have been going well and I'm EBF Matthew and thats going great as well. He's been a really good baby to. Just enjoying being a mom and loving every bit of it!
hearts.0nfire likes this.

October 24th, 2012, 10:15 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lynda-
Oh my goodness - been so long, cant believe that you have Baby #3 coming - congrats!
October 25th, 2012, 12:34 PM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies! So glad to hear from all of you! Can't believe how time flies! DD turned 3 on Monday and we had a small party for her on Saturday

As for me, this is our last cycle TTC before we stop until next fall (timing with school break and all that...ugh) and my OB/GYN did prescribe some Clomid due to my PCOS and the Metformin not working as well as it did last time around. I didn't start it until CD 6 since I couldn't get in to see her any sooner than that, but since it's my last cycle trying for awhile, she said to go ahead and said "might as well give it a shot." She was a little concerned that I seem to be ovulating later (around CD 21) than she would like to see in the months I do ovulate. She prescribed 100mg, which I thought was a lot, but she said that the studies show the efficacy better at 100mg than 50mg and sometimes 50mg does nothing to help with ovulation. I asked about an U/S, but she said she usually doesn't do them for Clomid (is this the case with anyone else??) and just do OPKs and timed intercourse...

Still wish I could have an U/S just to make sure I don't end up with something outrageous like 5 eggs or whatnot (which I know is not likely). But, I guess she's been doing this for a long time and it's never been an issue. In fact, my friend IRL who also goes to her and has PCOS was given clomid to help conceive both of her children...she wasn't monitored either, so who knows??

Just waiting to O at this point, really hoping it will be sooner than CD 21!
hearts.0nfire likes this.

October 25th, 2012, 06:11 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Darcy is 22 months now and we are starting to plan her 2nd birthday. She's figured out she can climb on the tables and is just getting into everything and teaching her sister lots of things. Rowan just turned 1 on Wednesday. She's walking like a pro now and will say "mama, dada, Ju (our dog), uh huh, and buh bye."

I'm currently in my 17th week of pregnancy with my surrobaby. The guys will be out here beginning of November to find out the gender of the baby and they are so excited. DH and I also talked about it and in 2014 we've decided to ntnp for baby #3.
daneeleigh and fromustobaby like this.

October 25th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Formerly LyndaSLP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromustobaby View Post
Lynda-
Oh my goodness - been so long, cant believe that you have Baby #3 coming - congrats!
Thanks! I can't believe it either!
Kaiden and maiya are adorable!

***PLEASE DO NOT MENTION PREGNANCY ON FACEBOOK***

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search