tucks, dermaplast, pads...oh my!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 28th, 2012, 02:07 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Ok ladies, finally making a list to start packing my hospital bag.

Does anyone have any brand/specific recommendations on:

witch hazel pads (all I know is Tucks)
numbing spray/foam (Dermoplast?)
absorbent pads (Always Infinity?)

Any other items like this that I should be prepared to bring with or have at home (not talking nursing or boobie stuff...yet!)

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
December 28th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
Wet ones brand witchhazel wipes. They were my best buddy after birth. I used medela brand lanolin. Generic store brand version tucks. Blue namebrand dermoplast. Same always infinity pads.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
December 29th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Wanted to add about lanolin. I used Lansinoh and Ameda. I much preferred the Ameda brand.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
December 29th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't try the Ameda brand Lanolin, but I did try both Medela and Lanisoh and I preferred Lanisoh. Medela went on smoother but had a smell to it I didn't like.

January 1st, 2013, 06:51 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Holy Cow Karen!! I cant believe that you are almost there - cant wait to meet your little guy!

For me - stool softeners are a must - my OB gave them to me, and I requested more...I think I talked more about poop than I did Maiya after she was born for the first week - LOL!!

Like the ladies said, Tuck, tucks, and more tucks (for vag births - with the c/s I had for Maiya, I didnt get hemmeriods - the only positive about a c/s)...

I liked Medela more than Lansinoh cause it flowed more...at first b/feeding hurts bad so smother it on as often as possible...

I did use Lansinoh breast pads - but you probably wont need those at the hospital cause your milk wont be in until after that but if you are like me, you will need them for about 4-5 months until you regulate your supply...

Extra large sanitary pads...

A squeegie bottle (they gave me it at the hospital) to wash yourself down there, cause it aint pretty and you dont want to touch it much at first at all...I put a microwave in the bedroom once I got home so that I could microwave the water and make it hot cause it felt SO GOOD to just sit there and put warm water on it...

I think thats it - again, so excited for you!!

Last edited by fromustobaby; January 1st, 2013 at 07:53 PM.
January 1st, 2013, 07:23 PM
Veteran
Those stuff are great! Fruits would really help but try adding stool softener on the list for emergency cases only.
January 2nd, 2013, 12:23 AM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
wow I cant believe how fast the time has gone! I cant believe your almost there and about to meet your baby! I'm so excited for you and I cant wait to 'meet' your new addition soon!

Dito on the stool softners!!!!! also gas pills are wonderful as well!

I used the medela brand in the hospital and bought the lansinoh one and I lik the lansinoh one better. my best discription is the medela is thinner and the lansinoh is thicker which I like better because I feel like it stays on longer.

I've used advent breastpads and they work great.

As far as the tucks and what not, I bought a think of tucks but ended up having a c section so I never used them and dont have any advice in that department lol

I got the super overnight always pads and they were nice forthe fist week or so but then just a regular sized worked good after that then when it lowered more I got the really thin regular pads.

I also bought cheap underwear to wear after so I didnt care if they got blood on them.

also, be prepared for a c-section as well! Just in case you have to get an ER one like I did, its nice to be prepared, so have an extra days worth of stuff and very loose pants to wear like sweat pants. the ones I had got ended up being a bit snug and I had to pull them up high so it put a lot of pressure on the incision and was really uncomfortable.

dito on the spray bottle as well, I also got mine in the hospital.

also since your breatfeeding, if you have a boppy or breast firend pillow, bring it! It made life soooo much eaiser expecialy with learing how to breastfeed.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search