Ok girls time to start spilling ...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2007, 06:26 PM
blueeyedbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. Did you come off BCP to TTC? and how long were you on it?

2. How long were you TTC before you got your beautiful BFP?

3. Did you have any signs or symptoms before your BFP?

Kadee (752g) and Samara (769g) born 29/9/07 @ 25w
Declan (3.58kg) 9/9/09 @ 37.4w
April 28th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Veteran
I was on BCP to help with AF pain before we got married, but I went off of them shortly after. I had so many side effects and it only slightly helped the pain. Sometimes the pain is so bad I throw up.

We TTC for half a month (see chart). I feel so bad because it takes people so long. I have a family history of fertility though and my MIL told me it was very easy for each of her children.

Not really. I had some sharp pains around implantation time. I tested when my temps kept going up (sorta triphasic) and most symptoms showed up in the next few days - crampiness, sore bbs, veins on belly and bbs, and major bloating. The only symptom I still have is the veins.

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" --Joshua 24:15
@-'--,--'------</div>
April 28th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
1) I came off BCP back in April of 2006 because I had problems with it...made me horribly ill all the time so I had been off it for 4 months when we started TTC

2)We started TTC in August 2006, took a break in November and then again in Jan...We BD'd on a whim once during Feb and thats how I got knocked up...

3) I started having really strange dreams the week before I got my BFP and I had to pee a lot...but other than that no other symptoms really...I was too scared to test since I had gotten so many BFN's that I waited until I was 5 days late and got a positive on a Clear Blue Easy early result within 30 seconds.

Hope this helps...have any other questions feel free to ask!

Thanks Kara!!
April 29th, 2007, 01:42 AM
star24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. Did you come off BCP to TTC? and how long were you on it? I was only on it for about 2 months after marriage, then i stopped, and 1.5 year later we started to ttc.

2. How long were you TTC before you got your beautiful BFP? 8 cycles (first two months were a bit whatever happens, happens though)

3. Did you have any signs or symptoms before your BFP? NO!! (hehe, as alot of you know) i did actually feel a liiitttlllee bit tender in the bbs, but didnt think much of it.

<span style="font-family:Lucida Sans Unicode">Sienna born to Cole and Janna- Jan 2 08'</span>

April 29th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ya -I was on it for about 15 years, and went off of itin May 2006 because I thought we'd start ttc on our honeymoon in July. My doc said to have at least2 normal cycles off BCP before ttc.

We 'went for it' in Dec 2006 with no luck, in Jan we prevented because I had to have dental work after the time I would have O'd... but started charting in Jan. We got out BFP in Feb 2007

Weird dreams, heartburn, bloody nose

April 29th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy

I was on bcp for a little over two years after dh and I got married. I didn't really come off of it to ttc, it was more that I wanted to see if my sex drive would come back.

We weren't trying to concieve, but not preventing, for the first year after I stopped taking bcp. Unfortunately my cycles went haywire, heavy bleeding for 30+ days with maybe two weeks inbetween. I let it go for almost a year before going to a doctor where I found out that I'm hypothyroid and have pcos. Once we got the diagnosis, early last nov., we decided to start officially trying since it can take a long time. I still wasn't ovulating until I started clomid in feb. I got pregnant in march during my second clomid cycle.

I had sore breasts from ovulation on. Other than that I didn't have any symptoms before the bfp.

April 30th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Did you come off BCP to TTC? and how long were you on it? No, I came off BC because it was messing me up, not specifically for TTC. But after that we were NTNP anyway.

2. How long were you TTC before you got your beautiful BFP? Only 2 cycles! It was ridiculous and I feel bad that some people have been trying so long. I was seriously starting to think something was wrong though ... we'd been NTNP for more than a year. I thought something should have happened by then!

3. Did you have any signs or symptoms before your BFP? By boobs get sore right after I O, but the soreness never went away. And it's still here!

</div>
May 2nd, 2007, 04:43 AM
Snowpeas
1. Did you come off BCP to TTC? and how long were you on it? Yes, I was on it for four months and had to come off because it was giving me problems. We decided to ttc because we fully expected it to take 6-12 months to conceive. We waited one cycle before ttc and then got pregnant right away

2. How long were you TTC before you got your beautiful BFP? one cycle

3. Did you have any signs or symptoms before your BFP? None. The previous cycle I was convinced I was pregnant and had tons of symptoms. But it turns out my hormones were just whacky from just coming off bcp. The next cycle I had no symptoms and was convinced I wasn't pregnant. It was a shock when the test came up positive!
May 2nd, 2007, 06:43 AM
DevineEssence's Avatar Super Mommy
1. Did you come off BCP to TTC? and how long were you on it? No I have never taken BCP

2. How long were you TTC before you got your beautiful BFP? Well DF and I had decided April 2006 to start trying but I stayed so stressed out with false symptom that we just tried to stop thinking and forcing it. After I stop taking fertilaid, fertiltea, and geritol in Oct/Nov I actually started to feel when I ovulated and April 30 I got a BFP from doctors office.

Yes my for about two week befor the test I had creamy/lotiony cm, queasy stomach and a fierce attitude. A week later I woke up and my bbs went from a b cup to a c cup over night I swear. Sex with DF felt different also and when I felt like I had a urine infection. I had and still do have crazy dreams. Heart burn and my back teeth bleed when I brush which I have never experienced before. I think thats it.

May 2nd, 2007, 09:07 PM
butterflyjmb's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok Vicki!! It's your turn to spill!!!
</div>
May 3rd, 2007, 01:43 AM
blueeyedbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LMAO Jennifer, I didn't think I'd be replying to this so soon ...

I was on BCP or other hormonal medications to help control severe endometriosis. I was on medical menopause from 16 through to 24, I then had a year off and went on normal BCP for another 5 years. I came off to start TTC about a month before our wedding.

We were TTC for 7 months, but because of my long cycles (51 days) this was only my fourth cycle.

LOL DH said I smelt different and that I was extremely whingy and wouldn't stop complaining (not like me), Oh and yeah he was mesmerised by my boobs! I got very tired at 6DPO for a couple of days then was fine but had a weird feeling in my stomach ... didn't think much of it as I've only just been diagnosed as a coeliac so it kind of feels like when I eat wheat ... when I started to crave salt, just had to eat it or I'd be sick feeling I decided it was time to test.

Since my BFP at 10DPO I've started experiencing nausea and I've tried to take notice of my veins, mine are very prominent naturally and now they're not as noticeable. Oh and yeah today at 13DPO I had my first sharp pain in the ab

Kadee (752g) and Samara (769g) born 29/9/07 @ 25w
Declan (3.58kg) 9/9/09 @ 37.4w

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search