How did you tell your parents?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2007, 01:58 AM
blueeyedbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I plan on telling my Mum and MIL next weekend on Mothers Day. I'll give both of them a locket that has "Grandma" engraved on the front and inside I'll put our EDD.

Kadee (752g) and Samara (769g) born 29/9/07 @ 25w
Declan (3.58kg) 9/9/09 @ 37.4w
May 2nd, 2007, 04:47 AM
Snowpeas
I like that idea! I was too excited (and shocked). My mom was the first person I told after dh. I called her and kind of blurted it out. I started out by telling her it was all her fault! LOL. She had a dream about a month prior that I got pregnant. So I called her and told her that her dream came true! She was very excited. Then to be fair I had dh call and tell his parents the same day. I wish I had thought of something like what you're doing though, that sounds great. I was too impatient though!
May 2nd, 2007, 07:26 AM
DevineEssence's Avatar Super Mommy
Well on my way to the doctor my grandmother called to ask me to come pass and pick up some pepper steak that she had made (my favorite meal), so when I got there she looked at me and said you have a glow I laughed and she got excited and called everyone in me and DF family to tell themm she is gonna be a great grandmother. Our family is so excited.

May 2nd, 2007, 03:20 PM
star24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I rung my parents about an hour or two later, i wanted to tell them in person but they wont be back for awhile (they live in aussie, but holiday here 3 times a year) and when i rung mum she yelled and i didnt realise till she was back on the phone that some of my siblings were over also, so they all got to hear at once. i had to also be fair and let dh call his parents after. I wont tell friends, extended family until we are 3 months though. Vicki thats a great idea! what a nice way to tell your parents!

<span style="font-family:Lucida Sans Unicode">Sienna born to Cole and Janna- Jan 2 08'</span>

May 3rd, 2007, 07:23 AM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know. I want to wait until Fathers' Day (because on Mothers' Day I won't be past 12 weeks yet and I REALLY don't want my MIL to know before then!) but idk if it'll be possible. Maybe.

</div>
May 4th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
EEEEEK!!!!!!! I am gone for a week and Vicki is PREGGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am jumping up and down screaming for joy!!! I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT!!!!!

CONGRATS VICKI!!!!!

What a great way to tell the family! I had secretly hoped I would get pg around June so I could tell DH on father's day...but it was exciting now matter what!! How fun that the timing worked out so well!

Thanks Kara!!
May 4th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Quote:
EEEEEK!!!!!!! I am gone for a week and Vicki is PREGGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am jumping up and down screaming for joy!!! I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT!!!!!

CONGRATS VICKI!!!!!

What a great way to tell the family! I had secretly hoped I would get pg around June so I could tell DH on father's day...but it was exciting now matter what!! How fun that the timing worked out so well![/b]

Awwww thanks girl hehe isn't it funny how everyone else has more faith in it than you ... you, well I did anyway, have to be a see it to believe it person

Yeah there must have been something inside me that knew too coz I saw the locket in a catalogue and then started scheming way before I knew. I even started thinking about being close to popping on my birthday!

May 8th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Kimber77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kimber77
We bought picture frames and in place of a picture put a piece of paper that read "Sorry, I won't be here until around 12/28/07. Congrats Grandma and Grandpa!" Both of our parents reaction was that they thought we were getting a new dog!! It was funny. They are all really excited.

Big brother Gage welcomes Karli Elizabeth 7 lbs 14 oz 20 inches on 8/1/11

May 11th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Ok so the plan has changed, when I showed DH what I wanted to do he wasn't happy about spending $80 each on each Grandma when its not definate so here's what I'm doing now:

I'm giving each a brag book (small photo album that they can take to work or keep with them to show friends etc photos), one says "Grandma's little sweetpea" and the other is "G is for Grandbaby". I'm also giving them a bookmark that says "The journey of a life time ... (then a photo of a baby's feet resting in an adult's hands) ... begins with the smallest of steps!". In the photo album I'll put the EDD in the first page.

May 13th, 2007, 03:24 PM
sleepybear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Today we cooked lunch for my MIL (we'll cook dinner for my mom in a little bit). Both moms got/will get a picture frame that says "I love grandma" with a picture of the pregnancy test in the frame. My MIL was really excited! I can't wait to give my mom hers!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search