"growing pains"

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2007, 05:01 AM
blueeyedbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm going to post this question here as well as I think other new grads will have this question too ... will also ask in my DDC LOL

Everyone always talks about having shooting or sharp pains that last for a second or so behind their belly button, have you all experienced it there in that spot? I'm getting those pains mainly on my right hand side, sometimes on my left but I'm not sure I've felt it in the middle yet ... is this something to worry about or does it just reflect my relaxed posture? LOL

Kadee (752g) and Samara (769g) born 29/9/07 @ 25w
Declan (3.58kg) 9/9/09 @ 37.4w
May 4th, 2007, 05:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had what felt like period cramps for the first 8-10 weeks ) Sometimes n one side, sometimes the other....
now I get the shooting pains which apparently is the uterus growing.
Can I say again how excited I am for you!!??

May 4th, 2007, 05:36 AM
LOL thanks girl!!! I can't believe how hard it is not to beam at everyone and try and keep it hush ... I'm glad that I can get excited with you girls!!!!

May 4th, 2007, 05:53 AM
DevineEssence's Avatar Super Mommy
I get the same cramping and I ask my cousin who is a nurse in the OB/GYN office she said that it is normal especially in the early week because the baby is trying to settle and your body is still reacting to that.

May 4th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Yeah I know the cramping is normal, the question is does it matter if its not in the "centre" of your stomach?

ETA Was just doing some research on the net as I was worried about if the pain was more to the side that it could mean tubal, anyway here's what I found ... hopefully it stops some of the other ladies worrying:

Some common symptoms of round ligament pain include:

Ligament spasms or contractions/cramps that trigger a sharp pain typically on the right side of the abdomen.

Pain upon waking or suddenly rolling over in your sleep.

Pain in the abdomen that is sharp brought on by exercise or other vigorous activity.

May 5th, 2007, 07:41 PM
star24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i get that shooting pain sometimes when i roll over or bend too quickly, its actually not too bad compared to the nausea and morning sickness... will it ever end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<span style="font-family:Lucida Sans Unicode">Sienna born to Cole and Janna- Jan 2 08'</span>

May 6th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
It probably is round ligament pain. I had it a bit in the beginning. I wouldn't worry about tubal yet Vicki...I worried too because I had it only on one side and apparently (according to my OB) you won't have pains from a tubal until about 10 weeks or so. What you are feeling is normal!
May 6th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Snowpeas
I have it centered on my lower abdomen but I also have it on my right side quite a bit also. I had asked my doctor about it and he said it was normal. I had felt it more on my right side from the very beginning and it's still seems to favor that right side for some reason. I had an u/s last week and everything was perfectly normal and where it should be. I guess it's just a quirk of my body.

Quote:
its actually not too bad compared to the nausea and morning sickness... will it ever end!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

Just when you think it's never going to get better it starts to ease up just a bit. Enough to see that there is an end in sight and for me it's gotten a little bit better every week. I still get nausea and m/s but there seems to be more days in between now that are actually pretty good. And the actual m/s itself usually isn't too bad (although once in a while it still surprises me). Hang in there, it will start to get better soon!!!!
May 7th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey Vicki
I asked me doc back when I was having the pains...
She said we have a ton of ligaments and muscles etc down there running all over the place and now they are all stretching and growing so it's perfectly normal as long as the pain isn't constant & accompanied by bleeding...
Hope it helps! I did have it int he center, lower, right, left... all over! I still get shooting pains too occasionally

May 8th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Kimber77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kimber77
I'm glad someone else is feeling all those little cramps/pains. I was worried it could be something also. Thanks for the updates ladies, it makes me feel alot better.

Big brother Gage welcomes Karli Elizabeth 7 lbs 14 oz 20 inches on 8/1/11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search