did you always know you wanted to be a mother?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Snowpeas
I was just curious. When I was a little girl I LOVED playing with my dolls and imagining myself as a mommy. When I got a little older I started to feel that I didn't want to have kids. My desire to have kids started up again only recently - after I got married and it got stronger and stronger until we started trying and got pregnant! How about the rest of you? Did you always know you wanted to have kids? What about your dh/so?
May 9th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I was little I hated dolls and toy kitchens and the like! I played dress-up but I was never a mommy ... I was always a firefighter or a veterinarian or something.

I did finally decide that I wanted to have kids when I was a teenager. My cousin Jamie was 14 when I was born, and I was the same age when her daughter was born ... I really loved watching her grow and playing with her. Then later I started getting into cooking and things like that. Now I have a nephew I would die for ... even though he's not "mine" I love to talk to him, bring him to school, and even just watch him sleep. When I put it all together there's nothing I could be but a mom!

</div>
May 9th, 2007, 02:32 PM
blueeyedbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All I ever wanted to be whilst growing up was a SAHM. I mean I knew I had to work for a few years but thats just it, it was to be a job coz my career was going to start 5-10 years into that! I've never been much good with other people's kids, mainly because I'm one of the youngest in our extended family and haven't really been around people with young kids so I haven't known what to do. I'm already mushy though, so I know I'm going to melt when our child comes into this world!

Kadee (752g) and Samara (769g) born 29/9/07 @ 25w
Declan (3.58kg) 9/9/09 @ 37.4w
May 10th, 2007, 02:02 AM
star24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, i love children and always wanted to become a Mum, i have a fairly big family and 8 nephews already! (and 3 neices) so i am used to children, we cant wait to be parents, !! (as i go and puke up my dinner...)

<span style="font-family:Lucida Sans Unicode">Sienna born to Cole and Janna- Jan 2 08'</span>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search