Updates everybody?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2007, 07:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's so quiet in here! I pop in all the time to see how everyone is doing!
Vicki- how's the twins?? teehee I'm still so excited and feel elated for you! I can't wait to see pics!
So far for me... things are getting harder and harder..... my pelvis and lower back have been giving me huge problems. I am wearing a pelvic pregnancy brace and am doing physio... the brace helps me a bit. Instead of being limited to being able to walk around for 1/2 hour only... I can now do maybe 2 hours at most if I'm having fun... less if I'm doing things like groceries & errands LOL.... mostly cause I'm not distracted I guess! I planned to work until 2 weeks before my due date to maximize my time at home with baby- but now I am wondering if I'm going to make it. Good news is we can get up to 6 weeks sick leave here -just not sure of the pay rate. It may be 55% like my mat leave is. So at least I have options and am not miserable if I'm in agony and at work. I have a good chair at work otherwise I'd be up the creek with no paddle right now... I can't even sit at home in my dining room table for more than an hour wihtout being in pain...
Soooo... other than that baby girl seems to be doing wonderful. I have my next doc appointment tomorrow and am not looking forward to seeing my weight gain. I already got a lecture for putting on 31 lbs at my last appt... yipes!! Oh well... at least she's healthy!!!!!!!!!!!
On another note... I get these email updates from some web site that tells me little pdates about me & the baby as I get further into the pg... and today I got one saying my mantra is I am not fat I am growing a baby.... etc.... I got super angry because I feel awful and it woul dbe easy to tell myself that... if it weren't for people at work calling me fay all the time. I get "Hey fat girl" and "hey chubby lady" and "hey slim" all the time.... I know the hey slim doesn't sound mean- but clearly I'm NOT slim and I feel like he's being passive agressive...
ANyhow-don't meanto ramble... but these people have me in tears sometimes... it's not nice and these woman have had babies and know how hard it is... so why are they so mean? GAWD!
Wow--- long post... but just wanted to check in with everyone and see how all is doing!

July 12th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow, Erin, I can't believe how rude people are! For what it's worth, I think you look great (I'm going by your last belly pic cause that's all I've got to base it on lol) and as scary as it is, I can't wait to look like you, lol.

Update for me, well, not really an update, more like my first graduate post, lol. My boobs HURT, actually it's my nipples that are super painful. I'm also not enjoying the worse-than-AF-cramps that wake you from your sleep and prevent you from going back to sleep (add a snoring husband and you're set). I'm hungrier and I get nauseated pretty easily. Yup, that's my update. lol

July 12th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That's great! I loved my pg symptoms LOL... but the sore boobs/nipples were pretty annoying, they kept me from sleeping on my tummy while I still could! lol... Keep me posted with the fun symptoms. And eat lots of healthy stuff-it helps with the nausea... I really wanted to eat like, chips & junk... but when I ate healthier food my body responded better...even though I craved junk...
Oooo guess what I did last night? I CUT OFF ALL MY HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
LIke ALL of it... it's very short... but very fun... dh is back this Fridya night so I'll take pics
Well, am off shortly for my next doc appt... wonder if she'll say anything abotu my weight this time. I think I did better this month... I *think* I only put on 6.5 lbs in last 5 weeks.... keeping fingers crossed...

July 12th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I just got back from the doc, all good. It was kind of a fun appt... She walked in and said I looked really cute- LOL
Seems like the baby is laying sideways across my belly, and when she took the doppler out and out it on the baby kicked it LOL.... so hard my whole stomach moved... the doc laughed and said well hopefully she'll move head down soon!
This was my last time seeing her-I start to see my OB regularly as of 30 weeks. I also got my requisition sheet for more blood work and my GD test, she told me to go at 28 weeks.
She gave me some good tips about breast pads, buy the ones that don't have the plastic backing and get the disposable ones. She even told me to buy some nipple cream (Lansyl -not sure how to spell it, she said it comes in a purple tube), she said to use it for a few days before the baby comes. Of course we can't say exactly when the baby will come, but she said the baby will drop, and start applying it about a week before my due date unless i think she's coming sooner. She said it really helped her with her second baby girl, it preps the nipples so they don't crack...
She also warned me to buy the super duper mega heavy flow pads to bring to the hospital... I will bleed a lot, and not like a period- much heaver for up to 6 weeks I think she said.
We also talked about how ba dmy back is, that even aquafit hurts me now... and I get shooting pains down my left butt cheek... and thinks I'll probably need to go on bedrest, and whenever I feel like I cna't work anymore to let her know and we'll arrange for it. We get EI here for up to 6 weeks and mat leave can start as early as 8 weeks before the baby is due so techinically I could be off work from JUly 23rd if I needed it. I think I'll be ok, but not sure for how long. I'd love to take advantage of EI if I need it cause then I'd be able to be home longer with the baby under mat leave.

July 12th, 2007, 05:38 PM
star24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YAY Karly is a TTC grad!! wohoo!!!! I still have sickness, yuck! i hate it, but it is no where near as bad as it was at the beggining of the PG! so im happy for that. Most days im just nauseas then eat, and feel nauseas again,.. ! humm.. I am actually starting to show now, and can't fit some of my pants!!!

So ERIN when did you feel your baby first kick? i know everyone may be different, but just want to know when i should "expect" it...?!

<span style="font-family:Lucida Sans Unicode">Sienna born to Cole and Janna- Jan 2 08'</span>

July 12th, 2007, 05:44 PM
lttle_one's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lttle_one
Quote:
She even told me to buy some nipple cream (Lansyl -not sure how to spell it, she said it comes in a purple tube), she said to use it for a few days before the baby comes. Of course we can't say exactly when the baby will come, but she said the baby will drop, and start applying it about a week before my due date unless i think she's coming sooner. She said it really helped her with her second baby girl, it preps the nipples so they don't crack...[/b]
Lansinoh. From what I've heard, that stuff is WONDERFUL!
July 12th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am glad everyone is updating now...it was sad for a while, I was starting to miss my TTC#1 girls!! So here is my update... I am also having really bad back and pelvic pain so bad in fact that I had to make a surprise visit to the OB on call this monday since baby wasn't moving that day and the pressure and pain was pretty intense. So he just said it is RL pain...but I don't believe it, but we got to hear his HB and he is doing well...we go in for an U/S with the perinatologist tomorrow so i should have some better pics to post as they have a 3-D machine. No more M/S...but holy cow did i gain weight this month...20 so far, which has me freaking out as I haven't changed my diet...although now I am not throwing up all the time so maybe that is the reason...hopefully it will taper off again cuz the m/w said that the baby has a big growth spurt from 20-24 weeks. I am having a hard time sleeping (or should I say staying asleep) right now and it is SOOOO HOTT!!!! ARGHHHH being pg during the summer in the desert is soooo not fun. Erin I can totally relate to the coworkers making comments...fortunately all my weight is in my belly...but people keep asking if I am having twins or if I am due really soon, and it hurts when they say...you are due in October...gosh you are gonna be HUGE!!! so if you ever need to vent feel free to PM me....HAHAHA I know how you feel! I will post U/S pics this weekend and update on my m/w appointment which is Sat morning...

And KARLY!!!! WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I am soo excited for you!! I didn't realize you got your BFP!! CONGRATS!!!

Thanks Kara!!
July 12th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Janna and Heidi! It's so nice to finally join you girls!
Heidi, your pic in your signature is absolutely adorable. You look awesome!

ARGH, I can't wait to be out of the first trimester. I'm so scared every time I feel wetness (which is all the time because I'm leaking CM like mad) and every time I wipe, I'm afraid I might see RED. I'm going crazy, well, more crazy than I was before.

July 13th, 2007, 02:02 AM
blueeyedbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I'm so scared every time I feel wetness (which is all the time because I'm leaking CM like mad) and every time I wipe, I'm afraid I might see RED. I'm going crazy, well, more crazy than I was before. [/b]
LMAO Can I tell you that will never get better?!?!

I'm ummmmmm doing real good ... god I'm afraid to post an update coz you all may kick me! I've felt totally fine and normal since 9 weeks so effectively I only had 3 weeks of bad nausea. In fact I feel so fine and only randomly have ligament pain that sometimes I forget that I'm pg. I've started feeling baby flutters in the last 3 days, only once or twice in the day - kind of feels like when pins and needles are wearing off (without the pain LOL). I'm still getting up heaps in the night and have been a little exhausted since going back to work after the hols. Oh and yeah, I couldn't fit in my pants from 8 weeks and have a fairly obvious belly at the moment ... and no I don't have any belly pics.

Kadee (752g) and Samara (769g) born 29/9/07 @ 25w
Declan (3.58kg) 9/9/09 @ 37.4w
July 13th, 2007, 06:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
So ERIN when did you feel your baby first kick? i know everyone may be different, but just want to know when i should "expect" it...?![/b]
I thought I was feeling somethng around 16 weeks, but I think I wa slike, oh 'I think I just got kicked' at 17 weeks ... I tremember telling my doc it felt like I was peing poked- and she said well you'll feel flutters before you feel kicks. I never felt the flutters! I just started getting little kicks consistently (if I remember right) around 18-19 weeks... At first I only had one... and I was like OMG! I want to feel that again!!! THey slowly built up, and now it never stops LOL!

July 13th, 2007, 06:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Lansinoh. From what I've heard, that stuff is WONDERFUL![/b]
Excllent! I'm going hunting for it tonight!!!

July 13th, 2007, 06:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Erin I can totally relate to the coworkers making comments...fortunately all my weight is in my belly...but people keep asking if I am having twins or if I am due really soon, and it hurts when they say...you are due in October...gosh you are gonna be HUGE!!! so if you ever need to vent feel free to PM me....HAHAHA I know how you feel! I will post U/S pics this weekend and update on my m/w appointment which is Sat morning...[/b]
Poeple can be such jerks, ya know? I donno if I wrote this up top, but my dh is away all the time and he's like- just tell them you're pg and what's their excuse LOL
Good news is, on my block there's 6 houses and 4 of us are pg (must be something in the water!!!) and we are all due very close together AND I get to see how different we all look. Everyone was healthy and at normal weights before. SOme have ained more than others, some bellys are bigger... It' snice to see in real life how each pg really is different and if your belly is big- well IMHO it means the baby is thriving and doing really well!!!

July 13th, 2007, 06:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Oh and yeah, I couldn't fit in my pants from 8 weeks and have a fairly obvious belly at the moment ... and no I don't have any belly pics.[/b]
Are you gonna put some up? LOL

July 13th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
I'm so scared every time I feel wetness (which is all the time because I'm leaking CM like mad) and every time I wipe, I'm afraid I might see RED. I'm going crazy, well, more crazy than I was before. [/b]
LMAO Can I tell you that will never get better?!?!

I'm ummmmmm doing real good ... god I'm afraid to post an update coz you all may kick me! I've felt totally fine and normal since 9 weeks so effectively I only had 3 weeks of bad nausea. In fact I feel so fine and only randomly have ligament pain that sometimes I forget that I'm pg. I've started feeling baby flutters in the last 3 days, only once or twice in the day - kind of feels like when pins and needles are wearing off (without the pain LOL). I'm still getting up heaps in the night and have been a little exhausted since going back to work after the hols. Oh and yeah, I couldn't fit in my pants from 8 weeks and have a fairly obvious belly at the moment ... and no I don't have any belly pics.
[/b]
Ugh! That sucks! Can I hit you now for telling me? I figured it never went away because when I was reading through DDCs before I got pregnant, some girls were wearing panty liners for their CM.

I hope I end up like you, Vicki, and feel completely fine after however many weeks. I can't imagine feeling as sick as I do right now all day, everyday for months. I mean, I'll go through it for the baby(ies ) but ya. Feeling sick is not cool.

Is this all of you girls' first pregnancy?? I can't remember from TTC#1 if any of you have been pregnant before and lost it. I guess I'm just trying to make myself feel better in trying to find successful first pregnancies...

July 13th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Is this all of you girls' first pregnancy?? I can't remember from TTC#1 if any of you have been pregnant before and lost it. I guess I'm just trying to make myself feel better in trying to find successful first pregnancies... [/b]
I had m/s until 14 weeks... but no problems since. And this is my first... no m/c.
And I was paranoid for the first 14 weeks.... always checking because of the ton of c/m /... I was always worried I was bleeding. I drink a lot fo water normally so add to that the increased trips to the bathroom in the 1st trimester... I was chekcing A LOT LOL.....

July 13th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I had m/s until 14 weeks... but no problems since. And this is my first... no m/c.
And I was paranoid for the first 14 weeks.... always checking because of the ton of c/m /... I was always worried I was bleeding. I drink a lot fo water normally so add to that the increased trips to the bathroom in the 1st trimester... I was chekcing A LOT LOL.....[/b]
Ah, you give me hope, Erin.

July 13th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
And I was paranoid for the first 14 weeks.... always checking because of the ton of c/m /... I was always worried I was bleeding. I drink a lot fo water normally so add to that the increased trips to the bathroom in the 1st trimester... I was chekcing A LOT LOL.....[/b]
Ah, you give me hope, Erin.
[/b]
awwwwwwwwwww thanks! :hugs:

July 13th, 2007, 05:10 PM
blueeyedbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been pg before and had a m/c but I was on the pill and antibiotics. I skipped my af for about 3 cycles as I was travelling and then just all of a sudden felt pg so I stopped the pill to see what happened. I miscarried that first day with no pill, I took the sac in to the docs for confirmation and they said that I would have been around 12 weeks but now that I have these lil things in me, I don't believe I was that far along. The total height of the sac measured around 5 cm and I know my bubs were 7cm CR at 12 weeks, so no way. I wouldn't be worried about my circumstances though, in fact I didn't really think about it much this time either as I truly believe that if I wasn't skipping AF it wouldn't have implanted. It was meant to be one of those things you don't know about.

Kadee (752g) and Samara (769g) born 29/9/07 @ 25w
Declan (3.58kg) 9/9/09 @ 37.4w
July 14th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy

Last edited by Boo; January 19th, 2010 at 06:14 PM.
July 15th, 2007, 08:59 PM
star24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Ugh, that must have been rough, Vicki.

So, little update: I called my parents last night and told them (they're in Canada). They're both pretty excited (well, they seemed to be anyway ) and my Dad told me not to worry, that everything would be fine. I'm sure everyone and their dog will know about my pregnancy come Wednesday because we're planning on telling my grandmother (my Mom's Mom) after we get confirmation from the doc on Tuesday and she has a big mouth. So, naturally, EVERYONE will know, it'll be like that game called Telephone (I think that's what it's called). [/b]
Oh i know about the m/s karly! i still have m/s! i haven't been sick in like a week, then this morning in the car i told dh to "quick get me the bag" and yuck!!!!!!!!! That's cool you have started to tell people, sometimes it just happens like that, and if something happens (which i know it wont, and youll be totally healthy!) youll have tons of support. I was always always worried in the first trimester, even now i still worry,. i think its natural. YAY! you in the baby club!!.

<span style="font-family:Lucida Sans Unicode">Sienna born to Cole and Janna- Jan 2 08'</span>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search