Erin!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2007, 06:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
Good luck with your version today!!! I hope she flips like a little gymnast! Let us know how it goes!!!
October 1st, 2007, 08:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey girl! I just sent you the update... but... here it is for the other gals who were wondering....

I went in to the high risk unit this afternoon at the hospital and an u/s for about 20 minutes while they measured her and double checked her position, and the position of all her limbs etc....
I had a student u/s tech, so she played around for awhile before the actual tech came in. My little girl is REALLY stubborn and was hiding her face behind her hands and one foot. And she was still breech, of course! They told me she's about 6 lbs 2 oz right now.

After they were done, the doc came in and said that it was only a 1 in 5 shot that this would work because it's my first pregnancy, and he wasn't going to try too hard.
He also had a med student with him, so the room was quite full with 2 techs, 2 docs, me & dh!
I thought I was going to get a shot of something to relax my uterus but I didn't get anything.
He told me to just try to relax... it should only feel uncomfortable, not hurt too much. He was pretty right... it was VERY uncomfortable... I had to breathe slowly through it and had my eyes tight shut. It didn't last very long... her head was moving, but turns out her butt was firmly planted into my pelvis so she wasn't budging.

I was soo dissapointed! My mom also came, but was in the waiting room across the hall, so after I got cleaned up I was told to go back to the waiting room, they'd be with me in 5 minutes so they could do the NST on her. My mom said my face was beet red I said, no kidding, well it kinda hurt!

So anyway, they came back to get me, and had the NST. The nurse came in and we went over all kinds of my personal med history etc whole they monitored the baby. She was sooo nice and what a difference it makes to have someone wonderful like that actually talk to you and ask you how you're feeling. I said the baby has been wonderful, and she said yes but how's MOM doing. I almost started to cry because I feel so awful with all the back pain and the acid reflux. I told her I could live without the reflux, it's so bad I scared my dh last night cause I choked on my own bile cause it came up when I was still asleep. She was like, oh dear! You don't have to live with that!! Anyway, she got the doc to hook me up with a prescription and I haven't thrown up in my mouth since I took the first pill! YAY!

So, the good things that came out of the appt were, I won't be questioning myself when I'm going thru the painful section recovery if I did the right thing by not trying to do the version AND I got to get rid of my reflux! Whooopie!

So I feel good now, my tummy is fine, there's no bruising. The goal wasn't to force the baby to move, it was just to encourage her... and I really felt like that was all the doc did.
All that happened when I did all the reading up about it was scare myself... it wasn't bad, and she's fine and I'm fine.
So, I'm totally glad I did it, and would do it again!

Oh and ps... she's been so busy and active tonight... it didn't seem to have phased her at all!!!!

October 2nd, 2007, 09:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ah, I'm sorry she didn't turn like you might have wanted to, but I'm glad you're both doing well. Did you schedule your c/s? If so, when is it? I'm so very excited for you!

October 2nd, 2007, 09:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the update! I am sorry she didn't turn for you but glad that you are both ok! Did you schedule you c/s???? I am getting so excited for you! It is almost time!!
October 2nd, 2007, 03:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey girls!
No c/s date yet.. my doc is on holiday lol... she even tol dme to clal her after the procedure! I do have an appt on Friday so am hoping for the date then at the latest!

October 3rd, 2007, 11:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well you better let us know when you find out!! I just noticed your ticker is on the last block!!! That is sooo exciting!!!
October 3rd, 2007, 01:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Tell me about it! I almost flipped out when I saw my ticker was on the last square!! Whhoooopieeeeeee!!!!!!!!!
23 days to go... well, prolly only 15 or 16 which is like freaking me out! I need that date!!!!
Ps... April I like yer chart so far

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search