So upset... STILL!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2007, 04:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Anybody else still pg and unable to sleep?
I have a head cold so I can't breathe through my nose which doesn't help the sleeping situation. *urgh*
I'm having the baby a week from today and I guess I just have so much on my mind....
like the fight dh & I had with his family last weekend.
We KNOW when we're having the c-section so, everybody knows! And we're getting all these emails etc saying people will come see us in the hospital... argh! I don't want a 100 people shoping up there!!
I'm having major surgery and want some alone time to hold her & feed her before the throngs of people show up... oooooooooooooh boy was dh's family ever offended when we told them we'd call them when we were ready for visitors. His mom was like, don't worry Carley (SIL) we'll go when we want to.... dh was like NO! We will call you when we're ready for visitors!!!
There was basically a shouting match! They think our friends are going to come first, etc.... sooooooooooo lame. ANyway, I can't get it out of my head and I think we have really valid reasons and I don't think we got them across to them.
His mom was like, you're having a general, you'll be walking withint he hour. NO! I won't!!!!!!!! ARGH! I'm having a spinal and prolly won't be up & walking until the next day!
We usually go to their place for dinner on Sundays but I am so annoyed I don't want to go this weekend. I told dh we can go out on our own for our last romantic meal for the next couple of months!

His parents go on & on abotu how they got to have a nice birth with t heir babies, quiet lights, soft music etc... I don't get that choice! I am having an UNWANTED c-section...
So we want our quiet time afterwards. Also, from what I understand, babies not born through the birth cancal don't get all the fluid squeezed out of their lungs and some have a hard time breahting when their born... so I may not get a chance to spend time with her right away. I want to spend time with her before everyone shows up. I want a chance to have some skin to skin contact! IN PRIVATE!

I am still so frustated about this that I can't sleep... and it's been like 4 days! NOw I htink we have to go on SUndya like we always do to try to clear things up. Hi smom & SIL don't seem to get it.
When we were elaving they said, don't worry we'll come when you call. But it upsets me that they were offended, and for no good reason. It really hurt my feelings that these peopl dont listen... they shout. I'm 9 months preggo and don't need this right now!
I need my sleeeeeeeeeep!! And peace of mind!

October 17th, 2007, 04:56 AM
CO Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hun, I'm so sorry that they don't understand. The best thing you can do right now - for your own piece of mind is just know that as soon as that little girl arrives and they meet her, they won't care that they had to wait an extra day or two. The time in the hospital is for YOU to heal a bit, adjust to life as a new mommy and bond with your baby. Don't let them get to you- you are making very wise decisions and good for your DH for defending the decisions to his family! You have such a great support system- you will do just fine!

Logan, 6 y/o, Gabriel 2 y/o, Aidan 7 m/o

October 17th, 2007, 06:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
Oh sweetie I am sorry they are being like that. Try to remember they aren't doing it to be mean but they are just excited about your little baby and already love her so much that they can't wait to meet her!! It is your decision though and they will just have to wait until you are ready. Good luck Sunday...I hope you get it all cleared up and can get some sleep! I still like the last romantic dinner idea though...why not do that Saturday???
October 17th, 2007, 09:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you have all this extra stress right now, Erin. I understand why you're hurt but atleast DH is with you on this and not making you look like the bad guy alone (even though you're not being "bad guys", kwim?). You have his support and you need to do what's right for you and the baby, not what everyone else thinks is right. I hope you can relax a bit and get some sleep before the big day.

October 17th, 2007, 06:14 PM
blueeyedbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I guess that was one saving grace about mine being an emergency, we texted everyone and told them about the arrival of the girls and then said we'd contact them when we're ready. We never told anyone except the parents which hospital I was at. I sooooooo did not want to see anyone, it truly is so exhausting.

I had a general and was out to it for hours afterwards, in fact I reckon I was in and out to it all day. Then the next day both sets of parents turned up at the same time, luckily DH was paying attention to me and he told them all to go after half an hour as he could see I was getting very frustrated and overwhelmed. LOL its pretty funny, my parents were ok with it but his got offended, they wouldn't come up again whilst I was in hospital.

I feel where you're coming from, I really do, I hope that you're able to hold them off ... maybe tell the nurses you don't want visitors?

Kadee (752g) and Samara (769g) born 29/9/07 @ 25w
Declan (3.58kg) 9/9/09 @ 37.4w
October 18th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I saw my doc today for my last appt (39 weeks)... I was able to clarify a bit what's going to happen the day of the c-section.
I am sooooooooooooooo lucky to have the 12:30 appt because it means I won't be out of recovery until 2 pm-ish... that's when visiting hours are OVER! YAY! Until the late afternoon that is. So, my LOUD MIL & FIL can come see her in the nursery (SIL is NOT allowed in the nursery though) and then can't come see me in room until later. And I can tell the nurses to kick people out after 10-15 mins. Yessssssssssssssssssssssssss
That makes me happy. So, I can loose the guilt trip over keeping them away, they can see the baby without bugging me

October 18th, 2007, 06:10 PM
blueeyedbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL thats what happened with us ... the grandparents got to see the girls before we did! I saw Kadee for a split second as she was natural but I didn't get to see Samara until they were taking me upstairs and I was soooo out of it. In some ways I'm a little miffed as they all got to see the girls before DH and I, DH is miffed coz he was concerned about my health and sticking close to me and all his Dad wanted to do was see the girls. After DH told him to hold his horses he then went and harassed the staff about seeing the girls .... grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Kadee (752g) and Samara (769g) born 29/9/07 @ 25w
Declan (3.58kg) 9/9/09 @ 37.4w
October 19th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am super duper annoyed they they will hold her before I do... But at least they won't be yelling and screaming in my presence about the baby. My MIL is SO LOUD and yells and shouts alot (that's just her personality) and it really grates on my nerves. So I guess I'd rather be left alone than worry about the other stuff right now.
My SIL told dh yesterday that she doens't undestand why the visiting hours are so short. I was like, ARE YOU KIDDING ME? These are women who (well not me) have been up having babies and been in labour for hours and need their rest! Doc said it was likely I'd end up in a shared room. Sil is just sounding so very selfish to me right now!!

October 19th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Are you kidding me? Why are the visiting hours so short?? Something tells me your SIL doesn't have any children.

Erin, I hope everything works out the way you want it to (or atleast, as close to what you want it to be). Some people are just so extremely selfish that they can't think of what others are going through or others needs. Do what is best for you and, if it comes down to it, have the nurses kick them out when you can't stand them anymore.

October 19th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Are you kidding me? Why are the visiting hours so short?? Something tells me your SIL doesn't have any children.

Erin, I hope everything works out the way you want it to (or atleast, as close to what you want it to be). Some people are just so extremely selfish that they can't think of what others are going through or others needs. Do what is best for you and, if it comes down to it, have the nurses kick them out when you can't stand them anymore. [/b]
I hear ya sister!!! I intend to make my needs & wants heard!! Even if it means enlisting the help of the nurses! My doc asked if my inlaws had ever met a cranky nurse... hahaha!

Oh by the way... I think I got a little carried away in your shaving topic.... teehee

October 19th, 2007, 01:36 PM
nursenic's Avatar Super Mommy
I was lurking, saw your post. Thought I would share.
I understand what you are going through! I had a C-section and you will not be up within an hour. What kind of C-section is she talking about??? I wasn't up really until 24 hours later. My legs were numb until mid-day the next day.

When I had our son, we had family waiting in the waiting room, but the hospital had a policy that when I went to the regular room that I was in recovery and could not see anyone for an hour! It was the best hour too I got to feed him for the first time and spend time with DH just like we wanted. It was quiet and special. Every mother deserves that especially after 9 months of hurry up and wait! You should take as much time as you want!

I had some smothering family members but basically you have the right to kick them out when you are ready and if you don't have the heart, the nurses are usually more than happy to make the family leave if you request. I got to the point where I didn't care if I was being rude (blame it on hormones), I just wanted everyone to go away and leave me to recover and realize I was a mommy. Once you get home it is the same thing. Take time to adjust and don't be afraid to say today is not a good day for visitors. We did and we will do it again when the time comes! Congrats and best wishes for a safe, peaceful, and beautiful delivery!

Natalee Louise "Lou"
Born 3/2/09 at 6:36pm
7lbs 9oz, 20 inches

October 19th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Oh by the way... I think I got a little carried away in your shaving topic.... teehee [/b]
*runs to check thread*

Sounds like sugaring is something I should look into. Thanks for the info, oh Master of Surgaring.

October 19th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I was lurking, saw your post. Thought I would share.
I understand what you are going through! I had a C-section and you will not be up within an hour. What kind of C-section is she talking about??? I wasn't up really until 24 hours later. My legs were numb until mid-day the next day.

When I had our son, we had family waiting in the waiting room, but the hospital had a policy that when I went to the regular room that I was in recovery and could not see anyone for an hour! It was the best hour too I got to feed him for the first time and spend time with DH just like we wanted. It was quiet and special. Every mother deserves that especially after 9 months of hurry up and wait! You should take as much time as you want!

I had some smothering family members but basically you have the right to kick them out when you are ready and if you don't have the heart, the nurses are usually more than happy to make the family leave if you request. I got to the point where I didn't care if I was being rude (blame it on hormones), I just wanted everyone to go away and leave me to recover and realize I was a mommy. Once you get home it is the same thing. Take time to adjust and don't be afraid to say today is not a good day for visitors. We did and we will do it again when the time comes! Congrats and best wishes for a safe, peaceful, and beautiful delivery![/b]
good advice! Thanks!

Quote:
Quote:
Oh by the way... I think I got a little carried away in your shaving topic.... teehee [/b]
*runs to check thread*

Sounds like sugaring is something I should look into. Thanks for the info, oh Master of Surgaring.
[/b]
he he he
Do it!!! Look into it... whyt shave every few days? seriously!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search