What a drama!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2007, 02:03 AM
star24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So my midwife measured me a few weeks ago, and said my girl was big for dates, too big, so i had a growth scan and a GTT (poly something test for gestational diabetes) anyways, the test for diabetes came back and it was positive. That was unfortunate as i had to change everything from hospital, to midwife, add a dietician, physician and a obstetrician, possibly be induced or c-sec depending on baby size, plus more visits and have to monitor my blood four times a day, and retain a strict diet... so i did that and 2 weeks later had my first physician appointment anyway he thought the tests were a bit odd (dont ask me, numbers or something not matching something else) and sure the baby is big, but she has a big tummy and head, but not altogether huge...lol!. anyways, with no diabetes in my family he sent me back for another GTT, and then rung me tonight and said the labs must have put the wrong label on the original test, and it was all normal and i don't have gestational. so i went and brought an icecream...lol, thats the story of my week!! LOL. incompetent lab techs! i was poking my fingers for blood and eating crackers for nothing! ... oh well, thats life sometimes... hows everyones pregnancies going?????

<span style="font-family:Lucida Sans Unicode">Sienna born to Cole and Janna- Jan 2 08'</span>

October 25th, 2007, 04:20 AM
Kimber77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kimber77
UGH! What a circus ring to have to go through for nothing. I hate the thought of having to check my blood and hope that I don't end up with it as it is in my family. Glad everything turned out good for you. My pregnancy is going good so far. Still having some m/s off and on but it is getting better. My gag reflex is really strong of a morning and I am so gassy! I could do without that and the constipation.

Big brother Gage welcomes Karli Elizabeth 7 lbs 14 oz 20 inches on 8/1/11

October 25th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
OMG what a drama! Good thing the got it straightened out! I am sorry you had to go through all that though. She is just gonna have a budha belly already!
October 25th, 2007, 02:53 PM
LOL.. yeah i reckon she will have a buddha belly April! (i blame DH!) Hope your morning sickness fades Kim! i still have it.... **SIGH** this little one is putting me through everything she can think of!

<span style="font-family:Lucida Sans Unicode">Sienna born to Cole and Janna- Jan 2 08'</span>

October 25th, 2007, 07:32 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Wow that sucks.... dumb lab tech!!!!
I can't believe you are due in 2 months!!!
October 26th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Snowpeas
Ugh, I would be so mad!
Glad you don't have diabetes though, that's a huge relief!
October 29th, 2007, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Wow that sucks.... dumb lab tech!!!!
I can't believe you are due in 2 months!!! [/b]
YAY!! 2 months!! Can't wait, im picking december 15th (although im due 27th) that date keeps sticking in my head!

Quote:
Ugh, I would be so mad!
Glad you don't have diabetes though, that's a huge relief![/b]
yep!! little mad, i mean what if they did that to something serious like HIV or something! then they'd be truly in trouble!

October 29th, 2007, 02:47 AM
Marissa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Marissa Send a message via Yahoo to Marissa
Oh wow, i can't believe they stuffed up like that, only to be told you don't have it after all. They really should be more careful and be sure the labels are correct. I'm sorry you had such a hectic time.

I can't believe how time is going so quickly. Only 9 weeks to go. Your pregnancy has gone so quickly.
October 30th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Oh wow, i can't believe they stuffed up like that, only to be told you don't have it after all. They really should be more careful and be sure the labels are correct. I'm sorry you had such a hectic time.

I can't believe how time is going so quickly. Only 9 weeks to go. Your pregnancy has gone so quickly.[/b]
Yeah time flys!! although i am sooo happy to be having/able to have a baby, i must say i haven't enjoyed it too much yay for december!! can't wait!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search