Formula companies

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2009, 08:58 PM
HailandNevansmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't debate this issue, because im very naive about the whole thing.. i think i might watch the videos sometime that beck posted.

August 24th, 2009, 09:04 PM
HailandNevansmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow at 12 , 000 views !! holy crap LOL

September 1st, 2009, 03:28 PM
SweetSimpleThings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just happened to spot an advertisement on the side of a debate thread page for Nestle Points.

Just wondering, for those who do boycott Nestle, if you've seen this or if it's concerning to you? Is this new (I've never noticed it before) and if it's not, have you ever contacted JM to express your dislike of it?

October 19th, 2009, 09:31 PM
AmandaR
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaAlexasMom View Post
Oh and to be completely honest, this thread is just another attempt to make ff'in mothers "feel bad" whether the op wants to admit or not...

I mean otherwise why else would you say "do you feel that by formula feeding you are encouraging such behavior?' I mean c'mon....

Yeah. Exactly.

Formula feeding moms never try to make BFing moms feel bad...but BFing moms sure like to give FF moms a hard time.
October 19th, 2009, 10:45 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaR View Post
Yeah. Exactly.

Formula feeding moms never try to make BFing moms feel bad...but BFing moms sure like to give FF moms a hard time.
Oh I think that's debatable.
October 20th, 2009, 12:39 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yah no joke.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

October 20th, 2009, 06:11 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Wow... I'm cracking up over here! Formula mothers never try to make breastfeeding mothers feel bad?!?! Have you read these debates?
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
October 20th, 2009, 06:45 AM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
What I don't understand is women who FF and get defensive about it. If you're comfortable with your decision and think it's best for you and your child why would there be a need to always be on the defensive, by saying BFers always try to make FF feel bad. If you were really truly comfortable with your decision whether it be FF or BF it wouldn't matter what others say. Just a thought.

I also agree that it is debatable about FF not making BFers feel bad. I've had my share of comments in IRL for nursing my 14month old.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
October 20th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaR View Post
Yeah. Exactly.

To the bolded that is complete BS!
October 20th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Holy crap ... seriously? Can't we all just agree that SOME BF moms judge FF moms, and SOME FF moms judge BF moms... but the majority of people are sane rational normal human beings??

Gah, why does every thread in this forum have to turn into which "side" makes the other "side" feel more like crap. BOTH sides have people in their category that are snotty, snide, rude, uneducated, idiotic, and just plain mean. By the same token, both sides have plenty of normal, compassionate, interesting, intelligent and pleasant people.

ARHGHGH.

October 20th, 2009, 09:00 PM
ETA: On a calmer note, I have to ask... how the heck did this thread get to 13,000-plus views??? Is that right?

October 20th, 2009, 09:31 PM
MissTorrieIfYou'reNasty's Avatar Co-Host of Heated Debates
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie-lox View Post
What I don't understand is women who FF and get defensive about it. If you're comfortable with your decision and think it's best for you and your child why would there be a need to always be on the defensive, by saying BFers always try to make FF feel bad. If you were really truly comfortable with your decision whether it be FF or BF it wouldn't matter what others say. Just a thought. .
Why doesn't anyone ever say this to BFers? "If you were really secure in nursing your two year old you wouldn't get so upset." No, it's just FFers that are expected to stoically accept abuse and criticism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Christina A~ View Post
ETA: On a calmer note, I have to ask... how the heck did this thread get to 13,000-plus views??? Is that right?
No, this version of VB can get buggy and start combining page views for multiple threads or just plain invent numbers. It happens all the time on another board where I am a frequent poster, it uses the same version of VB.

"I love mankind, it's people I can't stand."
October 20th, 2009, 11:46 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrie View Post
Why doesn't anyone ever say this to BFers? "If you were really secure in nursing your two year old you wouldn't get so upset." No, it's just FFers that are expected to stoically accept abuse and criticism.
Ummm I think she said (and you quoted her as such): "If you were really truly comfortable with your decision whether it be FF or BF it wouldn't matter what others say."
So I am pretty sure she covered that. Just saying.....

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

October 21st, 2009, 12:19 PM
MissTorrieIfYou'reNasty's Avatar Co-Host of Heated Debates
Quote:
Originally Posted by beck12 View Post
Ummm I think she said (and you quoted her as such): "If you were really truly comfortable with your decision whether it be FF or BF it wouldn't matter what others say."
So I am pretty sure she covered that. Just saying.....

Well, ****. It does indeed.

Remember what I said about it being a bad few days and the 'ol thinker not working so well? Yeah. Apologies to blondie-lox.

"I love mankind, it's people I can't stand."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search