A Man Experiencing Childbirth

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2009, 08:48 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
Ugh, back labor was what made me crack and get the epidural. I was doing fine naturally beforehand. However, I thought labor was kind of cruel - the contrax sucked, but the break inbetween (during front labor) sucked even worse because you KNEW what was coming in the next couple of minutes lol
October 18th, 2009, 09:00 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by beck12 View Post
I know this may sound stupid - but this is all so strange to me. I have really read up a ton on back labor since this came up & have thought about it a lot. I find it so strange that with all the reading & writing I have done even just on JM I never understood that there was a breather so to speak between contrax. I have an inverted pelvic bone...so I was told I was a c-section risk going in & saw a chiro my whole pg to try & align my back & pelvis specifically to open that area & straighten. I also did exercises & worked with a birthing ball & squats to try & make a vag delivery more obtainable. I got my vag dely - I had a LONGGGGGG labor with slow progression topped off with tearing through my rectum & breaking my tailbone....I am REALLY hoping this delivery goes faster & easier. My recovery was a freaking nightmare - it just took soooooo long to feel remotely okay & capable of even getting around. I had tailbone pain for well over a year, still have trouble with sciatica (now made MUCH worse by being pg again) and I had back pain (where when I finally agreed to an epidural at about hour 65 - wish I was joking - and they tried 12 times for an epi & 3 times for a spinal block) I was too swollen to get a needle in (in my joints) and all that did was bruise me terribly - they hit some nerve at some point that I think is responsible for my current sciatica pain as it set my butt on FIRE when they did it & it has bothered me ever since & my back was terrible for a solid 6 mos PP. Soooooooo - please, if you have any compassion - send me all of your ELV even if you don't always see eye to eye with me! Please.

Yep after hearing that there's no way a man would survive that and then willingly take the risk of it happening again! I'm due in a week and a half with my second and I think your story just made my vagina slam shut! I was ready for her to come out but now she can stay in there!

I hope this time goes much better for you. You certainly deserve it after what you've been through. I'm not normally a supporter of elective c-sections but in your case if they think any of that is likely to happen again you might be better off having one. Your recovery would probably be faster.

October 18th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Jarheadwed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think every story about labor makes my vagina slam shut.

October 19th, 2009, 02:57 AM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarheadwed View Post
Look,labour is going to hurt...thats just the way it is.But unlike a blinding head ache or agonizing tooth ache,the pain has an awsome outcome! lol
You go into it feeling nervous,and yes,its the worst pain you´ll probably ever experience,BUT,its the only pain where you are actually exited the whole time
Also,its super easy these days!! I cheated and got an epidural these last 2 times,and I spent the last 5 hours of my labour playing cards,napping,talking to DH,watching TV etc..it was WONDERFUL!
Both of my vaginal births *labours included* were hands down the most amazing,exiting and happy hours of my entire life.Id do it again every day-serioulsly!!
Infact,I feel that it sucks that I wont be going through that ever again.When Im feeling down,I close my eyes and I go back to those days..its my happy place

You´ll see..labour and childbirth is amazing

Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!

October 19th, 2009, 04:40 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Yeah, as much as it hurts it really is amazing. I remember when I had DS I swore to the nurse that I'd never have any more children! As they wheeled me down to my room after I'd given birth the nurse asked if I had changed my mind yet. I told her No way! But a few hours later after I'd had some good snuggle time with my brand new son I changed my mind.

It's such a powerful thing to hold your new child and know you'd go through the pain all over again because it was absolutely worth it.

October 19th, 2009, 06:41 AM
fluffycheeks's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Beckie, one horrific labor experience doesn't mean they will all be that way. My first and second were night and day and hopefully yours will be to.

And I about peed my pants when I read about the vagina slamming shut. But then again, it doesn't take much to make me pee these days...
October 19th, 2009, 10:10 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieQ2 View Post
Yeah, as much as it hurts it really is amazing. I remember when I had DS I swore to the nurse that I'd never have any more children! As they wheeled me down to my room after I'd given birth the nurse asked if I had changed my mind yet. I told her No way! But a few hours later after I'd had some good snuggle time with my brand new son I changed my mind.

It's such a powerful thing to hold your new child and know you'd go through the pain all over again because it was absolutely worth it.
I had the same response honestly afterward. I got to my room, nursed him a few minutes & passed out. When I woke 2 hrs later & held him for the first time a little more clear headed (as I was sooooo tried when he was born, I was a little loopy from that alone) - I told DH - even with all the mcs & the long difficult labor that I would "do that all again & 100 times more if I new it was going to be THIS great". It is amazing how much you can be willing to go through for that moment. THAT is the moment I focused on to get over my fear of trying again. I didn't want to go through any more losses, I didn't want to have 5 months of m/s again, I didn't want another really hard labor (still don't LOL) - but I have no question about why I am doing this or whether it will be worth it in the end no matter how long or hard this next labor is.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

October 19th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarheadwed View Post
I know....I remember feeling that way too. The unknown when it comes to L&D is anxiety provoking.

I will send you some "similar to mine" labor vibes. I never found the labor to be the worst part....yes, it hurt at times but it wasn't unbearable. I had some back labor with my 3rd child but it still wasn't unbearable. When I got to the part of labor where I felt the pains were becoming too much to take, it usually meant that baby would be arriving within 10 minutes....15 max. Yeah, it hurt but compared to a lot of labor stories, I consider mine easy peasy. Hoping the same for you.

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
October 19th, 2009, 10:42 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I had Back labor and front labor with my natural delivery. I had back labor constantly, and front labor in waves.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search