Need your opinion

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2009, 09:34 PM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
As far as I know my children are the first in their school to have it. When I go to collect their work for the week I am going to ask if a note will be sent home to parents letting them know that their are 3 cases. I really do not care if people know that it is my children or not. It is not like I said "Hey kids I think that it would be a blast if you could be totally sick this week and I got no sleep so drink this kool-aid mixed with the H1N1 virus" It happens. It really is no worse than the regular flu (so I have been told) and my family is doing ok. We had a scare with Gabe tonight but he is doing ok too.

I mean they could go so far as to say that there has been children with ILI (Influenza Like Illness) reported and we would like everyone to remind about washing hand and covering mouths. Not that hard.

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
October 21st, 2009, 09:44 AM
aussiemummy
I can't believe she still isn't going to let the other parents know. Kids are DYING from this.

Couldn't the centre be sued?
October 21st, 2009, 07:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Parents should be told about this. I would be mad if I was not let known that a child in my sons class has the H1N1 virus.
October 21st, 2009, 07:46 PM
Wolfmama09's Avatar " He's a marshmallow!"
A parent walked in on us spraying down the room today lol. She was like I'm glad to see people trying to prevent germs! I did pull her aside and let her know ( she's a friend outside of work also) lol. She didn't panick just said she would watch for symptoms in her son. So I don't know what the big deal is about telling the other parents. I think the woman needs to stop being so freakin money hungry and concentrate on the safety of the kids.

October 21st, 2009, 09:05 PM
mswordwiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would start looking for another job.... Your bosses practices scare me, and I don't scare easily.
Brandon 6
Suzanne (1-18-2009)
Kyle & Luke (1-22-2009)

"Anyone engaging in illegal financial transactions will be caught and persecuted." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2008

Another day, another 72% for the same work, different pay......
October 22nd, 2009, 06:00 AM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
I would call whatever agency it is that licenses the daycare center and alert them about your boss's practice. Seriously. When DD was at a daycare center, I got informed any time one of the kids had a majorly communicable disease. They also had a no-fever policy, and if a kid was coughing excessively from an illness (not just asthma or allergies), they'd be sent home. I'd be pretty POed if I found out a kid is carrying around H1N1 germs (because there's no way the little girl is not, unless she's in complete isolation in her house) and bringing them to the center to expose my kid. I know you can't protect kids from everything, but there are simple precautions that can be taken when you KNOW you or someone close to you has it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search