Blogger lies about termanaly ill child

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2009, 05:16 PM
KimberlyD0
The women was caught in a lie on her blog. She claimed to be a single mother of a termonal pregnancy. She was caught when readers recognised the photo she posted as a lifelike doll.

Thoughts? what should be done to her? Has she suffered enough? do you think she really knows how bad this is?
October 19th, 2009, 05:17 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Sorry I don't see the blog's link. Could you post it?
October 19th, 2009, 05:21 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
This kind of stuff is becoming more and more common and it's really sad. I really think most of the people who do stuff like that have some sort of mental illness that is causing them to seek attention.

October 19th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Wolfmama09's Avatar " He's a marshmallow!"
I also cannot see it

October 19th, 2009, 05:55 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I'm not sure what you mean by "what should be done to her?" I mean, she lied on her blog, and that isn't a good thing, but she still has a right to free speech. As long as she wasn't asking for and accepting money, she didn't really break any laws. I'm sure people will think many times before they trust her again. I doubt she understands how hurtful her actions could be to people who have actually lost a baby, though. I don't know why she did what she did, but I'm sure she was not emotionally or mentally in a great place if she did.

October 19th, 2009, 05:57 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHappyM. View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by "what should be done to her?" I mean, she lied on her blog, and that isn't a good thing, but she still has a right to free speech. As long as she wasn't asking for and accepting money, she didn't really break any laws. I'm sure people will think many times before they trust her again. I doubt she understands how hurtful her actions could be to people who have actually lost a baby, though. I don't know why she did what she did, but I'm sure she was not emotionally or mentally in a great place if she did.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
October 19th, 2009, 08:43 PM
KimberlyD0
I forgot the link sorry.

She wasn't asking for money but some articles have said she resieved gifts.

Little One April: Blogger Behind Anti-Abortion Baby Hoax Apologizes
October 19th, 2009, 08:55 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
IDK - how is this any different than if she was just a regular liar walking around telling the story? IF she had been profiting, then that is fraud. Outside of that I am not sure there should be laws about lying - where does it end?

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

October 19th, 2009, 09:08 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I don't think legally there is anything that anyone could or should do about it. It's just one of those things that is morally wrong and a really crappy thing to do but as long as she wasn't fraudulently collecting money then she didn't break any laws.

October 19th, 2009, 10:27 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyD0 View Post
The women was caught in a lie on her blog. She claimed to be a single mother of a termonal pregnancy. She was caught when readers recognised the photo she posted as a lifelike doll.

Thoughts? what should be done to her? Has she suffered enough? do you think she really knows how bad this is?
Thanks for posting the information.

A few of us have been on JM since at least 2005. In that time there have been many women who have lied about their miscarriages and babies. When it happens here, the best Jm can do is ban that type of poster. Because it's happened so often here, I just see it as a poor soul who needs counseling. So I don't know if anything can be done to people like that and this blogger. (I'm not saying anything should.) I wish they had more support to begin with. A lot of people lie about this thing. It's hard on the moms who really go through it because when I read a sad story, the first thing I wonder is whether or not it's even true.
October 20th, 2009, 08:12 AM
aussiemummy
People unfortunately lie about horrible things and I'll never understand it. She needs to return the gifts.

We had a lady in our PR that 'gave birth to twins' and then one of them died later on. Was horrible. We all cried, people sent her gifts, gave her support...then another lady in our PR finds out that the lady made up the entire story. Well she didn't make it up...she just took someone elses story/photo...awful.
October 20th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
One of the girls i talked to for a loong time claimed to have given birth at 24wks
1 died, other lived but had ALL these problems (heart surgery, seizurs, etc) and then got pregnant again somewhere in this with another guy (twin daddy was in jail) new baby was born at 31 wks as a stillborn...

Was all a Big FAT lie.

She got banned from JM aswell.

What CAN you do?
jail em up? no, you can't.
you can just hope karma turns around and kicks their butt for making up all of this

I hate not being able to trust ANYTHING because of these morons who can't stick to the real world

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search