Gay Marriage - Rights - Where do you stand?

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2009, 08:59 PM
mswordwiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonitaAppleBomb View Post
Just because a 5 year old vote bans gay marriage does not mean that Atlanta is not a gay mecca-that simply means people don't want them married, but they are still gay. Maybe the mecca doesn't exist in northeast GA, but it's everywhere else in Atlanta. I just can't debate the validity of a 5 year old vote when the dynamics of the state have changed..nope, can't do it.
I agree with this considering the massive numbers of transplants that moved to this state.
Brandon 6
Suzanne (1-18-2009)
Kyle & Luke (1-22-2009)

"Anyone engaging in illegal financial transactions will be caught and persecuted." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2008

Another day, another 72% for the same work, different pay......
October 21st, 2009, 09:02 PM
BonitaAppleBomb's Avatar ~African-American-Mommy~
Send a message via Yahoo to BonitaAppleBomb
This is how I feel: If you don't believe in gay marriage, then don't marry a gay person. Let adults be adults and mind your (not anyone here, I guess) own business in your own house. Why is it so hard for people to do that?

October 21st, 2009, 09:11 PM
foxfire_ga79
Well eventually the gay marriage approvals will pass. Forgive me for not having faith in the people out here who still think the world will end Sodom and Gomorrah style if we allow them gays to run amok and make a mockery of marriage. I'm a cranky cynic and I don't think 5 years has changed enough to give gay marriage a majority vote.
October 21st, 2009, 09:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonitaAppleBomb View Post
This is how I feel: If you don't believe in gay marriage, then don't marry a gay person. Let adults be adults and mind your (not anyone here, I guess) own business in your own house. Why is it so hard for people to do that?
Exactly my thoughts. I would love love love for my sister to be a wife on paper and in her heart (she is married in her own thoughts, and I fully support calling her partner her wife because to me, they are. They always will be. I just wish others recognized it.)

If people don't want to get married to a member of their own sex, so be it, but don't stop others. Also, don't stop them from adopting. My good friend gave up a daughter to a lesbian couple and I think it's awesome. She has two wonderful parents, and in the end that's all that matters, not the sex of who raises them. If I gave up a child for adoption I would honestly probably give the baby to a gay/lesbian couple. If my sister wanted to adopt, I wish she could. When my kids grow up, if they are gay/lesbian I want to walk them down the isle and have that ceremony be recognized by others too.

I am an extremely devoted activist for gay rights. My sister having sex with and loving a woman does not impact anyone but herself, so why in the heck do people feel the need to judge her and tell her how she loves is wrong? Just makes me so mad.

I talked with one friend about this not that long ago and she said how wrong it was for my friend to give her daughter to a gay couple, and how it ruins families and she doesn't want gay marriage to happen, especially gay couples adopting. I love her as a friend but I told her to please not say another word, I take that as a personal slap in the face as my sister is lesbian and honestly have a very hard time staying friends with anti-homosexual people, so for the sake of our friendship, I told her to stop talking because it would ruin our friendship.

And honestly, we haven't talked much since then.

I just don't understand why people make it their own business and their own crusade to put down homosexuals when they could focus on their own relationships instead.
October 22nd, 2009, 05:38 AM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
God complex? Hate their own dead-end marriages and feel the need to take it out on others? Think that Jesus would approve of them discriminating?

Clearly I'm in the pro-gay marriage camp. lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search