Missing the toilet

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2010, 06:00 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
I've never known any male that's sat down to pee. If I was a guy and was equip with the ability to pee without pulling down my pants and underwear, I would utilize it no matter what lol
January 5th, 2010, 06:04 PM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I've never known any male that's sat down to pee.
The three males in my house do! While potty-training my first ds I realized there was no reason he couldn't sit down just as easily as his sisters, and I was sick of cleaning up pee! My dh got a lesson on just how messy it is when I had him clean the wall/floor from the "splashing" and told him he could either take over that daily duty or sit down. He now sits down.
January 5th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Quote:
I gotta ask.. How does someone splash the walls and the floor? DH wanted to know...
A steady stream of liquid coming from above into another bowl of liquid usually causes some splashing, particularly the higher the guy is. Before we painted our bathroom walls I showed my dh the splash marks and had him smell the shower curtain next to the toilet. He was sufficiently grossed out. That was with the seat up. I showed him the stains left under the seat when it was left down and he was also sufficiently grossed out (and I clean the seat every day!). So I asked him to either sit down or take over cleaning. He sits down.
January 5th, 2010, 06:45 PM
lol, he's only 5'10" but there were splash marks both on the wall and under the toilet seat. I remember my mom commenting on what my bathroom toilet/walls would look like when my first ds was born...I thought she was kidding. We bought a house from a family with 5 boys and they had tiled the wall and side of the sink cabinet by the toilet for easier clean-up. So there must be other bad aimers out there.

Another example: I babysit two boys every day age 5 and 8. I have to wipe down the toilet and floor after they leave from the "residue" left behind. gross
January 5th, 2010, 06:52 PM
**Badfish**'s Avatar Worth Saving
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanChild View Post
I've never known any male that's sat down to pee. If I was a guy and was equip with the ability to pee without pulling down my pants and underwear, I would utilize it no matter what lol
Me neither. Seeing that in this thread blew my mind a little bit I can't imagine DH ever agreeing to that. Ever.

January 5th, 2010, 07:12 PM
No, I cannot see DH ever agreeing to that. It seems like un-manning him or something lol I don't think I'd want to walk in on DH peeing sitting down either! It took one friendly day of not cleaning up the pee he left on the seat to break the habit lol
January 5th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've had lots of cleaning jobs where i"ve had to clean mens bathrooms. Its amazing where they get it.

I dont understand how some woman are so adament at men putting the seat back down. I have a friend that freaks if the lid is left up. Why can't it be the other way around and we lift the seat when we're done? Doesnt bother me any, takes not even a second to put it down.

January 5th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Pee anywhere but in the water and getting flushed away is disgusting. What really gets me is "hovering" women and girls that pee all over the seat of public restrooms. They hover over the bowl cuz they don't want their butt touching the seat due to the gross factor yet they're the ones that make it gross by their disgusting urine spray all over the toilet.

January 6th, 2010, 06:15 AM
mayandsofiasmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My DH lifts the seat. When we were dating he put it back down. As soon as we got married, he left it up.

But what I find gross is that he does miss and hits the rim of the toilet, and sometimes he will drip and get the floor. It's not a lot or anything, but it really bugs me.

I would not be happy if my DH did not lift the lid to pee.

January 6th, 2010, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharethissmile2 View Post
Pee anywhere but in the water and getting flushed away is disgusting. What really gets me is "hovering" women and girls that pee all over the seat of public restrooms. They hover over the bowl cuz they don't want their butt touching the seat due to the gross factor yet they're the ones that make it gross by their disgusting urine spray all over the toilet.
Wait, what else are you supposed to do but hover?
January 6th, 2010, 06:35 AM
IAmMomMomIAm
My DH isn't bad about this at all, but whenever his brothers come over I make him clean the bathroom after they leave. Those two brothers live together, and I all but refuse to pee at their house. Luckily my sister-in-law realizes, and let's me use the bathroom that she cleans regularly, rather than the guest bathroom, lol. When the boys lived at home, I used the parents master bath. There's nothing worse than lifting the lid of the seat to pee and getting wet hands. SO GROSS.

My roommate in college would just pee directly onto the bathroom floor - it's like he couldn't see the toilet. I'm pretty sure he was generally drunk, though. In which case he might have actually thought the toilet was a foot to the left of where it actually is. And no one cleaned the bathrooms but me. I was unbelievably glad when he moved out.
January 6th, 2010, 07:08 AM
~Sandy~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got so sick of dealing with this that I made the downstairs bathroom the guys bathroom and the upstairs is the girls. Seriously. Of course in an emergency one can switch bathrooms, but under normal circumstances men go downstairs and women upstairs. They (meaning DS and DH are responsible for cleaning their own bathroom and toilet as I refuse to go in there ever. I do check it once a month and give it a good wipedown, but I don't tell them that I do that otherwise they will stop cleaning it. I just don't understand how hard it is to pick up the seat or to aim at all. I swear they just stand there and pee and don't even hold themselves, it is like they aren't even looking where their pee is going.
January 6th, 2010, 10:43 AM
My SO will clean his own mess without being asked, but he wont clean the bowl when he does #2. THAT drives me insane. Hes not incapable of using a toilet brush

January 6th, 2010, 12:22 PM
irishxrose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalia20 View Post
I've had lots of cleaning jobs where i"ve had to clean mens bathrooms. Its amazing where they get it.

I dont understand how some woman are so adament at men putting the seat back down. I have a friend that freaks if the lid is left up. Why can't it be the other way around and we lift the seat when we're done? Doesnt bother me any, takes not even a second to put it down.
Because at 2 am when I'm half asleep I don't want to fall in.

And I am not going into that story. LOL
January 6th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishxrose View Post
Because at 2 am when I'm half asleep I don't want to fall in.

And I am not going into that story. LOL
BTDT I dont deny that. Now I always check, just like I always make sure theres TP. Only made that mistake once

November 19th, 2012, 04:19 AM
No man must ever miss the toilet again!

urilette dot com
November 21st, 2012, 07:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've trained my 6yr old to lift lid & seat and close them both when he's done. It's never been an issue.

As far as why put the seat & lid down? 2 things for me - I don't want to look into a nasty toliet bowl (even if clean) when I'm brushing my teeth or taking a shower & I don't want my pets to drink water out of a place where poo goes

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search