I breastfeed my dog!

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2010, 02:45 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Okay I am a supporter of breastfeeding and extended breastfeeding. I also see no problem with donor milk or even perhaps BF someone elses baby. However, I draw the line at BF a dog and BF your dog and your baby well I don't even know what to say about that other than DOGS.LICK.THEIR.OWN.BUTTHOLES!

**Contains photographic evidence that may not be considered appropriate for work or children or for anyone who doesn't want to see a dog suck on a woman's boob.**
I breastfeed my dog | Pick Me Up magazine

January 12th, 2010, 02:58 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
What the? How could that NOT hurt? I don't even know what to think.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
January 12th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im scared to click on that. Photoshop?

January 12th, 2010, 03:03 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
See no issue with it. Through nature mammals continually nurse cross-species.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
January 12th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frgsonmysox View Post
So you'd have no problem putting your baby to your breast that has been licked by your dog's tongue that is probably covered in fecal matter?

January 12th, 2010, 04:24 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I would assume she cleans her breast off.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
January 12th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yuck!!!

What if the dog has worms.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

January 12th, 2010, 04:52 PM
frugality=reality
Aside from the fact that dogs have clean mouths for humans because of the dog-specific bacteria present, I'd still not do it and think it's weird. While yes-mammals do cross-nurse other mammals, it's not normal for puppies to nurse very long. This isn't a tiny little puppy that has been abandoned by its mother (even then, I'd advocate pumping and using a special bottle). It's a full grown dog. Dogs only nurse for 6-8 weeks, typically....I'm sure, just like babies, some nurse a little longer even if left with their mommies. Still.

*shudder*

Ew.
January 12th, 2010, 05:00 PM
I don't want anything that would be content drinking from the toilet to also suckle from my breast!

January 12th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Um, heck no, that's just weird. And not right.

I made the mistake of holding my kittens without a shirt on when I was younger and had the unpleasant surprise of my cat trying to nurse on me. Didn't feel great at all, and can't imagine a dog would feel that great either!
January 12th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickjonmom View Post
Yuck!!!

What if the dog has worms.
All puppies have worms,they are born with them and they have to be eliminated once they are old enough to be dewormed.
But this isnt a puppy we´re talking about,so excuse me whilst I scratch my head here...

Back to the subject-thats just disturbing.That dog is an ADULT dog! Adult dogs cant suckle at anything..let alone a breast! Has anyone seen a dog with lips!?
They lose their ability to suckle once they´re out of puppyhood so how is that story even possible?

Also,if she cant feed her freakin dog (no dog food left in the cupboards!?) then maybe she should find a new home for it...or at least given it COWS MILK.Who doesnt have a bottle of that in their refridgerator?
Anything before thinking "Hmm..Im going to let my dog gently lick my nipples"

There is simply no need to BF an ADULT dog,or to think that an adult dog may need to BF twice a day for 20 minutes..Im sorry,but as open about this subject as I am (and beleive me,I am as pro-BFing as they come!) I find this particular case absolutely disgusting and disturbing on so many levels.

If she were talking about a very young puppy (at an age that needs its mother-so 5 weeks under),then maybe,just maybe I could understand someone feeding a pet BM once until they can buy a can of milk for puppies etc..but doing it for an adult dog/animal that has no ability to *suck* in the first place is just weird to me.

I think someone needs a partner if you ask me *shudders*

Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!

January 12th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Jarheadwed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If a puppy's only chance to live was for my to BF it, I would. But not a chance in HECK any other way. It would have to be honestly, this puppy will DIE without it before I would. And I would still feel icky.

January 12th, 2010, 06:22 PM
SweetSimpleThings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by frgsonmysox View Post
There are also instances in nature of sexual intercourse between different species, doesn't mean it would be normal in the LEAST for a human to have sex with another species.

January 12th, 2010, 06:36 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
I don't see a big deal in expressing the milk for the animal. She said times were tough. lol. But actually putting a DOG to my breast and feeding it? Umm no.

So dogs don't lose the ability to suckle once they have weaned? Hmm. That seems strange.

I understand that things like this could happen in situations with no other alternative, but why in the world would she STOP nursing the dog when she is 3 months pregnant and then pick it back up when the baby is 4 months old? She has planned this stuff out?? Who is she doing it for? The dog or herself?

January 12th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
I would breastfeed a dog at about the same time I would let my son breastfeed from a dog -- namely, never.

Cross-nursing does occur in the animal kingdom, of course, but only in the most DIRE of circumstances (cases where the newborns are bound to die if they can't cross-nurse). This definitely doesn't sound like one of those cases.

Even with expressed breastmilk, I wouldn't give it too a dog. That stuff is way too precious and takes way too long to pump. Sorry, but adult dogs can live on a lot less.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)

Last edited by Quantum_Leap; January 12th, 2010 at 07:25 PM.
January 12th, 2010, 07:48 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
I don't think this is a really serious conversation.. more of a joke if you ask me.
January 12th, 2010, 07:50 PM
KimberlyD0
eww.. you can jump on me all you want but thats just discusting
January 12th, 2010, 08:02 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just don't believe it. Not sure why I don't but something doesn't add up - like her talking about always having too much milk & so she keeps some in the fridge in case her daughter goes to a sitter...it doesn't stay good long in a fridge, so why would it not be frozen??? Then she doesn't want to tell anyone, but she names her past male partners by name AND puts a photo up??? Then she says that her Dd quit nursing & the dog offered relief from engorgement? How did she get milk in the fridge before this...could she not have pumped. Plus if her Dd self weaned due to changes in milk it is very unusual for it to be so cold turkey that there would be any need to alleviate engorgement.... Whatever.

I have used breast milk to treat infection in my cat. It has worked quite well, particularly on ear & eye infection. Unless the cat was dying though I would NOT use breast milk to treat him (I did this once because he looked sooooo darned skinny & was having a hard time building strength) because until my Ds was a year old that milk was absolutely earmarked for him & I had a hard enough pumping enough as it was. I was told by the vet that it was safe to give him and might do him some good...the vet also recommended I could give him raw cow's milk if I could get it....but said it should be as fresh as possible. But I didn't have it on hand at the time & so he got a FEW ounces of breast milk. He made it through & got better - maybe he would have anyway....and I DID after that get him kitten formula under the advice of the vet as well. But it doesn't bother me in the meantime to share a little breast milk with him. I would NEVER make a habit out of it though...certainly not "Just because" & with all the babies that need it I don't understand why anyone would. I would MUCH rather give it to a milk bank for human babies that need it than give it to an animal just because...??? I can't imagine putting an animal to my breast except in the most dire situation & I cannot even imagine a situation dire enough where I would....I just can't fathom....but maybe there is a situation out there. I haven't dreamed up what that might be though.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

January 12th, 2010, 08:11 PM
The whole thing seemed fishy to me too Beck. She said she researched and that other people do it too. I was too chicken too Google to find out if that's true or not.

January 12th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Freakin' disgusting. I remember an article a few years ago about an Indian woman, I believe, who was nursing a tiger cub who had been abandoned. The tiger ended up dying because human breastmilk is not enough for the other species to live off of.
DS-Sully(4)
DS-Gus(2)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search