You suspect your neighbour is dealing drugs...

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2010, 04:58 PM
*Dayna*'s Avatar Aussie Mama
There are cars in and out, 24 hours a day. The 'visitors' leave their vehicles running and are only inside a minute or less.

Would you call the police or mind your own business?
May 1st, 2010, 05:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'd probably have to have a better reason to suspect than visitors coming and going. If I had a valid reason to suspect they were dealing drugs, I would call the police, though I believe that the would need probable cause in order to do anything about it.
May 1st, 2010, 08:55 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
If you don't feel like giving over all your information, you can leave a crime stopper tip.
May 1st, 2010, 11:04 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
If I really thought it was happening, I would call and leave it in the department's hands. It may not be the first time they've had a call, however with numerous calls... that can stack up to evidence.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC
..........Jackie..........

Awaiting our Team Green baby at home July 2014. . .

May 2nd, 2010, 12:09 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When we had this happen I not only called the police, I offered to assist in any way I lawfully could (such as video tape) and I also contacted their landlord repeatedly making complaints. As it turns out they were never busted for dealing drugs (although I do believe they were selling pot) but they were taken in by the FBI for gun trafficking - so I suppose I decided at that point, when swat was all over our yard, that I could quit complaining that our police department wasn't addressing it. I imagine they couldn't, as the FBI was onto them. It wasn't even in a really bad neighborhood & it was in a small town - who would have thought?

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

May 2nd, 2010, 04:47 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
There is a guy who lives down the street from my parents and I know for a fact hes a drug dealer (marijuana), other than the sketchy job choice hes an ok guy. We keep our mouths shut. Hes had cops there before so im guessing they can find anything. Anyways so long as hes not hurting anything or causing problems for you then id leave him alone, you could call but im not sure the cops can do anything because a neighbour thinks he might be dealing drugs.

May 2nd, 2010, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
"As long as he's not hurting anything or causing problems," really? You think the kind of individuals coming into your neighborhood to buy drugs are not a danger to your children, really?
May 2nd, 2010, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
"As long as he's not hurting anything or causing problems," really? You think the kind of individuals coming into your neighborhood to buy drugs are not a danger to your children, really?
May 2nd, 2010, 10:35 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollBabyKG View Post
If i thought he was dangerous then he would be causing me a problem, and then i would do something about it. But as a general rule i dont think teenagers going to get some pot from a crippled man are a big danger

and I dont live there anymore, its a guy who lives (or lived im not sure if hes still there or not) near my parents, 22 hours away from my home

Last edited by Irish_Wristwatch; May 2nd, 2010 at 01:10 PM.
May 2nd, 2010, 10:56 AM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
The OP describes the happenings of our neighbors EVERY. SINGLE. DAY!
It scares the crap out of me. We haven't called the police because mainly I'm afraid they'll think it's us and try to retaliate. I barely sleep at night because I'm always worried someone owes a drug debt and we will be the first place they see to come to and steal stuff to pay their debt. We are hoping to move ASAP (we are renting, but they just bought the home beside us). My in-laws live right across town and have called the police numerous times on their neighbors (even provided license plate numbers and time of day they come) and nothing has been done. While we have a good suspicion we can't just go on that, so we've chosen to let it be and just get out of here ASAP.

May 2nd, 2010, 12:29 PM
*~ Joni ~*'s Avatar Jordana Jacoby & Jamason
Ugh sounds like our neighbor. Our street is great, a quiet dead-end road that you'd barely notice was there if you weren't looking for it. Everyone's wonderful except the neighbor to our right. Its a woman and her kids living there...People come and go all day and night and stay for about 20 minutes each. I think she's selling something other than drugs.... She has like 8 kids and none of them look anything alike But no, we haven't called about that but obviously someone does on occasion because every so often a cop car will come get her (quietly) and she and the kids will all disappear for a month or so. Then she comes back and the kids get dropped back off one at a time over about a week or two. Who knows.

ETA: So no I don't call on her because nothing gets done except those kids' lives get disrupted for a month or so about twice a year. I feel sorry for them but I don't feel much sympathy for her.

EXAMPLE OF SOMEONE WITH THAT KIND OF BEHAVIOR ATTRACTING DANGER: I'm 90% sure it was one of her "boyfriends" who broke into our house when I was home alone with two babies sleeping upstairs

Last edited by *~ Joni ~*; May 2nd, 2010 at 12:35 PM.
May 2nd, 2010, 01:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We have a set of neighbors that we often have to call the cops on. Drugs, kids not in car seats, kids unattended running into the street (2-3 years old),noise violations, dog coming into our fenced yard, etc. Dispatch knows the address and will put you through to a squad in the area. SWAT has paid them a visit, drug dogs, etc, but somehow nothing seems to happen. But the police do tell us to call any time we see anything suspicious...which is a lot. They go right out to the car to make their deals. We know we are not the only ones calling-several neighbors have. I have no problem calling about something I feel is a danger to my kids or if other kids are being neglected.
May 2nd, 2010, 11:54 PM
birdblue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollBabyKG View Post
No, i don't believe that just because someone purchases and smokes marijuana they are a danger to anyone, especially children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kris~ View Post
We have a set of neighbors that we often have to call the cops on. Drugs, kids not in car seats, kids unattended running into the street (2-3 years old),noise violations, dog coming into our fenced yard, etc.
If i observed children being endangered there is no doubt that i would call the police.

Thank you so much Jaidynsmum for the beautiful siggy!

May 3rd, 2010, 06:36 AM
GinaB's Avatar Ex-Navy Lifetime NRA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by missv View Post
There are cars in and out, 24 hours a day. The 'visitors' leave their vehicles running and are only inside a minute or less.

Would you call the police or mind your own business?
Right after my fil passed away some new people moved in next to my mil. I noticed from spending the night over there and visiting at different times that there were cars nonstop and never the same cars. So I took it upon myself to call the local police and I gave them approximately how many cars were coming and going and times that they seemed to frequent. They said they would look into it. I didn't think they would do anything and Bam! my mil calls me the next weekend and says that the police did a raid on the house and busted everyone and they were doing some serious drugs there. Sad thing is there were tiny kids there and they had to be a part of it. Anyway, that family was booted and no problems ever since.

May 3rd, 2010, 08:01 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Where we lived in AZ, this was not unusual to see. We knew the neighbors ran drugs. But you do not want to be the "rat", unless you like having your tires slashed and house robbed and not ever feeling like your kids are safe. So, we moved!

Facebook
May 3rd, 2010, 09:25 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
This is a problem right across the street from our apartment. It is actually another building owned by our rental company.

There are ALWAYS cars coming and going...one day even the Federal Marshalls were banging on their door. I am guessing they didn't find anything because they are still living there and it hasn't happened again. I did mention all of this to a city councilman once...but not the police. I know that they know what is going on and when they can get something on these kids they will haul them off.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search