Rape and Kristen Stewart: 選 Made an Enormous Mistake"

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2010, 09:29 AM
**Badfish**'s Avatar Worth Saving
Quote:
Originally Posted by melkissa2004 View Post
I think her personality is different than most mainstream celebrities and that's what makes her so unique.
You mean her total lack of personality?

June 5th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004

Admittedly I haven't seen any live interviews, I've only read transcripts. So I can't answer that! She mostly just seems odd to me.

June 5th, 2010, 09:51 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I might be one of the odd ones out, but I kinda like Kristen Stewart.

I totally understand what she was trying to say, and I don't honestly have a problem with what she said. I can understand why she apologized, though, because it is a very sensitive subject to a lot of people.

And thanks, Lauren, for posting the actual quotation - a lot of people were getting it wrong on one of the blog sites I frequent, and I was actually semi-upset with the statement when I hadn't read the whole thing.

June 6th, 2010, 02:10 AM
Beneath_The_Rose's Avatar WTTC #1
I'm confused what exactly she said and what the problem is. Did she say that when paparazzi takers pictures of her it makes her feel inside like she is being raped? Something to that effect. If that was what she meant then I see no reason to get all insane over it. If I had to see pictures of myself constantly taken by people I didn't even know at all hours of the day and night making up rumors about pictures i'd feel like I was being "raped" as well. And yes I actually have been raped. More than once. But I can understand the choice of words. If that was indeed what she meant. I do notice that her face always looks caught off guard in pictures and It must get very annoying. I don't really care what people say though in all honesty.

still waters run deep

How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response.
Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us
-Thrall

*FaceBook*
*Myspace*

Last edited by Beneath_The_Rose; June 6th, 2010 at 02:19 AM.
June 6th, 2010, 04:19 AM
*Dayna*'s Avatar Aussie Mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath_The_Rose View Post
I'm confused what exactly she said and what the problem is. Did she say that when paparazzi takers pictures of her it makes her feel inside like she is being raped? Something to that effect. If that was what she meant then I see no reason to get all insane over it. If I had to see pictures of myself constantly taken by people I didn't even know at all hours of the day and night making up rumors about pictures i'd feel like I was being "raped" as well. And yes I actually have been raped. More than once. But I can understand the choice of words. If that was indeed what she meant. I do notice that her face always looks caught off guard in pictures and It must get very annoying. I don't really care what people say though in all honesty.
What she said was stupid. Being raped and being followed by papparazzi are two different things. She signed up for this, she wanted to be famous after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess is Write View Post
You mean her total lack of personality?
Hahah right...I've seen more personality from a wet blanket.
June 6th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^ again PLEASE read her actual comment. She never never never said she was being raped or that the paps are raping her. She NEVER said that

June 6th, 2010, 05:53 PM
I know what she said. She's still a moron.
June 6th, 2010, 07:26 PM
I think that's a massive brush to paint on someone for one single comment or even for a number of comments, said under the age of 21. I'm not sure how she earns the title MORON just painted on her like that

June 6th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Moron's not the word I would choose, but her attitude is awful. I have yet to see an interview or press junket where she doesn't look massively annoyed. I'm not sure why Summit tolerates it.

June 6th, 2010, 07:53 PM
And I'd say there are plenty of interviews and video's you are missing. TONS. I think that's the entire point of her statement that has her in such hot water. She's saying that she's NOT PISSED at the planet and in a bad mood. She's just so awkward and shy and it freaks her out so badly, she doesn't know how to respond and she feels later when she looks at those photo's it's like seeing someone raped.

I can post plenty of videos and interviews of her being sweet, charming, funny, in her element, appreciative, and defending her fans and her fame

I think she actually has a fantastic point that she LOVES fans and fame. She HATES Papparazzi. She's not the first star to ever say that and I don't think it's that wrong for someone to say that they absolutely hate when the Pap's are screaming horrible horrible things at them and forcing them off roads and hiding in dumpsters and all kinds of stalker behavior that is somehow allowed when no other human being could literally treat another person that way if they weren't stars

Do you WANT me to post that stuff?

June 6th, 2010, 07:59 PM
If you want. My issue isn't with her complaining about the paps, although I'm sure she knows as well as the next actor that they keep her relevant and are a bit of a necessary evil. I just really don't care for her. Twenty is plenty old enough to know that it's extremely rude and unprofessional to sigh and roll your eyes at the person interviewing you. I don't really care if it's only happened a handful of times and by some weird coincidence, I have seen every single one of those interviews. The fact remains that I've seen her treat reporters like dirt and just be generally uncooperative with someone who is just trying to do their job.

June 6th, 2010, 08:02 PM
YouTube - Very honest Kristen Stewart interview | New Moon

YouTube - Dakota Fanning & Kristen Stewart Interview - Latino Review

This is a 50 second clip in real life. This is a fan calling her names for no reason. Just cause. She gets this daily everywhere she goes. All the time. From people, from paps
YouTube - Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart leaving Bobby Long Show (Vancouver 9-7-09)

This is a very new one from the Eclipse tour in Australia.
YouTube - Kristen & Taylor New Interview

June 6th, 2010, 08:09 PM
I can post probably hundreds of videos, transcripts and pictures. I THINK it has become the "thing" to do to bastardize this girl. Just as it has become the "thing" to do to hate Twilight. People hate it just to hate it, cause other's hate it and make fun of it but don't know anything about it other than it's a cult hit. I think the same thing has happened to Kristen.
She started filming this series at 17. And I think she was harder to deal with at 17. And her awkward stuff was interpreted as annoyed. And she probably was annoyed. But no matter what she does NOW to apologize for her behavior back then, 3 years ago, it doesnt' matter. People want to continue sticking her in a box.
It doesn't matter how many charity events she does that nobody hears about, or how many times she talks about how she's finally grown into this lifestyle, and what it means to be famous and appreciating what she's been given, people will NOT back down. Imagine even 3 years later, no matter what you do today, you are painted for who you were at 17, when you were caught off guard with fame you weren't prepared for in any way.

I bet you can't find much of that stuff today. Or even in the last year. But bad behavior back then is still held for who she is today. She's hated by Twilight fans for not being perfect or for being with Rob or whatever else you want to say. To be honest I couldn't stand her.

Then I read some interviews and saw some newer interviews (it's my 2nd job to watch every single one and post it) and she's not that person today. But THAT doesn't sell headlines.

I'm just saying that it's very very easy to condemn people as morons or brats for things they did long ago, but I don't see anyone spending as much time looking for anything to possibly prove she's a nice person. It's very easy to hate people, especially when we don't know them. It's telling I think that we LIKE to hate people

June 6th, 2010, 08:09 PM
I'll look at those links tomorrow. Moron perhaps isn't the right word, she just seems so - I don't know? Uninterested in everything lol.

I just loved the books and hate the movies so far. Huge disappointment to me.
June 6th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Well, I've explained my issue with her, and it has nothing to do with bastardizing her because it's the thing to do. I'm sure you can understand how I, as a media worker, sympathize with the poor reporters who had to interview her while she was acting like a bratty child. Can you imagine the mortification of having the person you're interviewing roll her eyes and refuse to answer a question on camera? That's every reporter's nightmare. I'll take your word that she's moved on from that phase.

June 6th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess is Write View Post
Well, I've explained my issue with her, and it has nothing to do with bastardizing her because it's the thing to do. I'm sure you can understand how I, as a media worker, sympathize with the poor reporters who had to interview her while she was acting like a bratty child. Can you imagine the mortification of having the person you're interviewing roll her eyes and refuse to answer a question on camera? That's every reporter's nightmare. I'll take your word that she's moved on from that phase.
Yes please paint me a certain way too and put words in my mouth. I CAN understand it. From a 17 year old. Can you forgive it already and move on to the idea that's she got older and learned from her ways?

June 6th, 2010, 08:24 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lash View Post
I can post probably hundreds of videos, transcripts and pictures. I THINK it has become the "thing" to do to bastardize this girl. Just as it has become the "thing" to do to hate Twilight. People hate it just to hate it, cause other's hate it and make fun of it but don't know anything about it other than it's a cult hit. I think the same thing has happened to Kristen.
She started filming this series at 17. And I think she was harder to deal with at 17. And her awkward stuff was interpreted as annoyed. And she probably was annoyed. But no matter what she does NOW to apologize for her behavior back then, 3 years ago, it doesnt' matter. People want to continue sticking her in a box.
It doesn't matter how many charity events she does that nobody hears about, or how many times she talks about how she's finally grown into this lifestyle, and what it means to be famous and appreciating what she's been given, people will NOT back down. Imagine even 3 years later, no matter what you do today, you are painted for who you were at 17, when you were caught off guard with fame you weren't prepared for in any way.

I bet you can't find much of that stuff today. Or even in the last year. But bad behavior back then is still held for who she is today. She's hated by Twilight fans for not being perfect or for being with Rob or whatever else you want to say. To be honest I couldn't stand her.

Then I read some interviews and saw some newer interviews (it's my 2nd job to watch every single one and post it) and she's not that person today. But THAT doesn't sell headlines.

I'm just saying that it's very very easy to condemn people as morons or brats for things they did long ago, but I don't see anyone spending as much time looking for anything to possibly prove she's a nice person. It's very easy to hate people, especially when we don't know them. It's telling I think that we LIKE to hate people
So about that thing.. it actually makes my feminist senses tingle and I've been wanting to have a conversation about that with anyone who cares.

I think putting down Twilight, KStew, Twilight Moms, teen girls who like Twilight aren't playful fun at all. I think it's deep rooted sexism at work. Star Wars, Star Trek and Sci-Fi get poked at but not like this one. I would even compare the ugliness painted to KStew to the media's attempt at painting Tom Cruise as evil, gay, a bad dad, a bad partner, bla, blah, blah. I don't understand it yet so I would love to get some input about this and your thoughts.
June 6th, 2010, 08:25 PM
It's like you'll invest the emotion in not liking her, but no effort whatsoever in forgiving her. It's even "I'll take your word for it" won't even open the links. Almost every reporter recently says she's a pleasure to work with, so that's THEIR words, not mine

June 6th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Haha. Take this personally much, Lauren? Where did I put words into your mouth or paint you a certain way? I explained where I was coming from and then said that I believe you when you say she's changed.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search