Benefit Concert PLanned for lesbian teen

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2010, 08:38 AM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
No, I plainly explained why I was emotional and I said I could get over it with no problem. That was me letting go and moving on...anxious to hear her repsonses. This whole "I'll pm you" is cowardly. I would pm a person I considered to be close to, but I barely know Molly. I had no desire to pm her and let her say more offensive things.

I also didn't think it was all about me. See all those other people that were offended???? They are in the thread.

And no I don't see this as gray and I am not in the middle. Just like I said before, if someone said that to YOU I wouldn't stand for it. It just isn't appropriate.

I have been here a while and I haven't seen people debate this way (via pm). What is up with that. If I say something in a debate I am going to keep explaining myself or tell people to just agree to disagree.

It all comes back to this Breast cancer doesn't rank as far as human suffering goes. You can take the word breast out of it. Cancer is a disease that causes an enormous amount of suffering for everyone involved. Ask Melissa who lost her dad....or Kimberly who lost hers just recently. There are more, but I am trying to make the point that it isn't crazy that someone might think that comment was just totally uncalled for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.) View Post
I think Jess and you are starting to get very personal by calling her a joke, etc.

I'm trying to give another take. It doesn't have to be all team Jillian nor all Team Molly. I don't all agree with you both and I don't all disagree with you both either. Why can't I explain how it looks from my perspective without thinking I still don't respect you too?
I was referring to her saying "the charges levied against me"...that felt like a joke to me. This is a debate board. You don't just get to say offensive things and then back away and expect people not to have opinions.

I will let all this go. If you are going to be doing all the talking for Molly then it is pointless anyway. I don't need a moderator.

June 15th, 2010, 08:40 AM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
I recently lost my uncle to cancer, and I have lost other family.. I didn't take it personally because I didn't read it like you and others are. I wish it wasn't so black and white to you but it's not with me. I read the marketing machine is the enemy, not cancer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jillian* View Post
I will let all this go. If you are going to be doing all the talking for Molly then it is pointless anyway. I don't need a moderator.
That's not fair. Jess is speaking for you too. (Others are too.) I'm not trying to do all the talking for Molly, just explain my side as you are calling me out for not ripping people apart on this.

Last edited by (.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.); June 15th, 2010 at 08:44 AM.
June 15th, 2010, 08:46 AM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
Quote:
Originally Posted by (.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.) View Post
I recently lost my uncle to cancer, and I have lost other family.. I didn't take it personally because I didn't read it like you and others are. I wish it wasn't so black and white to you but it's not with me. I read the marketing machine is the enemy, not cancer.

That's not fair. Jess is speaking for you too. I'm not trying to do all the talking for Molly, just explain my side as you are calling me out for not ripping people apart on this.
Yeah Michelle, it is fair. Jess responded to an offensive comment about ME PERSONALLY. She doesn't speak for me or debate for me, but she also doesn't stand back and take up for people that are trying to be hurtful. She knows me and knows I don't just get emotional about little things. Please, don't make this about something it isn't. Please, stop talking for someone that doesn't want to defend herself. If I stood by and let Jess say everything then I would understand that it looks like she is speaking for me....but here I am!!! Talking for myself. Standing up for myself.

This goes really far beyond my bullsh** tolerance for today.

June 15th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jillian* View Post
I have been here a while and I haven't seen people debate this way (via pm). What is up with that. If I say something in a debate I am going to keep explaining myself or tell people to just agree to disagree.
Then let's just agree to disagree. All my attempts to explain myself are hurting your feelings. I don't have any desire to hurt your feelings, but I don't know how to explain myself without doing it. That's why I was offering to debate with others via PM.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
Closed Topic

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search