Having sex while the little ones are sleeping...

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
in your room or bed. Is this okay? Weird?

We've had sex while DD was tiny (like a couple months) and she slept in her bassinet, but never when she was actually in the bed with us. Honestly, I don't get how people could get in the mood when there baby/toddler is in the same bed as you and DH. I guess it's possible, but what if they wake up?

August 28th, 2010, 12:52 PM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
That is all

<3 August 1st, 2013
<3 November 21st, 2013
<3 October, 19th 2014

August 28th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I read the last one that happened 8 months ago or so...it was good until well...you know, you posted in it, lol.

August 28th, 2010, 12:57 PM
I don't remember posting in it, I'll have to go back and look at what I thought at the time! lol! I just brought the popcorn out because I remember reading it!

<3 August 1st, 2013
<3 November 21st, 2013
<3 October, 19th 2014

August 28th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think you did, maybe I'm thinking about someone else? Hopefully this time it'll stay on track and not slide into oblivion.

August 28th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe'sMommy View Post
I think you did, maybe I'm thinking about someone else? Hopefully this time it'll stay on track and not slide into oblivion.
I went back and read, yes I did post in it. Like 10 pages in or so. I hope it doesn't get side-tracked as well, however, it took less than one page last time! So,

<3 August 1st, 2013
<3 November 21st, 2013
<3 October, 19th 2014

August 28th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Is your opinion still the same? I don't remember what it was back then.

August 28th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Yes, my opinion is still the same. Pretty much, to each their own. I don't think there is anything wrong with it, despite having never done it. I don't think anyone really advocates having sex in front of a child watching. However, they are sleeping, and I don't see a problem with that.
Leighton is 9 months and she sleeps beside our bed. Obviously we have sex with her in there while she is sleeping. I can't imagine anyone making a big deal out of that. I'd say the majority of people do that (of course I could be wrong).

<3 August 1st, 2013
<3 November 21st, 2013
<3 October, 19th 2014

August 28th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Flame away...

We did until DD was 3.5. She is in her own bed now. We do with Tristan sleeping too. They are used to us being naked, so if they woke up, we just stop.

It's not like the kids are involved. If we had to wait until they were sleeping somewhere else, we would never have sex. We co-sleep. I guess we could do it on the floor, but the kids don't even budge.

Is it ok to have sex in front of them while they are awake until a certain age?
My DS isn't 2 yet and we have, not DD anymore. We stopped around 2 with her, probably the same with DS.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

August 28th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyMarine View Post
Flame away...

We did until DD was 3.5. She is in her own bed now. We do with Tristan sleeping too. They are used to us being naked, so if they woke up, we just stop.

It's not like the kids are involved. If we had to wait until they were sleeping somewhere else, we would never have sex. We co-sleep. I guess we could do it on the floor, but the kids don't even budge.

Is it ok to have sex in front of them while they are awake until a certain age?
My DS isn't 2 yet and we have, not DD anymore. We stopped around 2 with her, probably the same with DS.
I agree with ya. If people are co-sleeping, they'd be very limited in when/where they could do it. We have a waterbed, so there's no way it would work for us. DD would wake up thinking she was riding a wave or something!

<3 August 1st, 2013
<3 November 21st, 2013
<3 October, 19th 2014

August 28th, 2010, 03:32 PM
MzzMommaD's Avatar Sleepy Rat Rattery
OK, well, we dont co-sleep. But we only have one bedroom as we are staying in our friends apartment since he and his wife are "staying together" again. So DS sleeps in his bed, cant see our bed without standing up. In the beginning it was awkward trying to DTD with him in the room sleeping. But if he wakes up we stop and i tend to his needs or he falls back asleep. We still are a bit uncomfortable with it but he doesn't know whats going on, he isn't even 2 yet. If he were say, 3-4 or older we wouldn't do it in there at all. Sleeping or not, we would say, shower together or something.

But I think if the kid is too young to even notice, or sleeping or so, and the parents are comfortable with the choice its ok.

August 28th, 2010, 03:38 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
If you read the past debate then you know my stance. Obviously, we do it. We co-sleep with numerous kids. When they are asleep we'll have sex on the other side of the bed.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
August 28th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I guess I keep imagining people like getting all into it and hardcore moaning and heavy breathing along with the handcuffs to boot whilst Jr sleeps a pillow away, lol.

August 28th, 2010, 03:47 PM
AMDG's Avatar Margaret
I would guess the vast majority of couples use good judgment. I see nothing wrong with it. When our kids were brand new infants we did it with them in the bed. Then when they were a little older we did it with them in their crib next to our bed - sleeping.
August 28th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Hey... Where's Perry?'s Avatar Darnit face
It's not something I would do, but my stance may change if I were ever to get married. I would rather just go to a different room while the babe is sleeping, then come back. I don't want the babe rolling over into any liquids that may have dripped out of any orifices and it wasn't caught in time to clean up, lol.

Last edited by Hey... Where's Perry?; August 28th, 2010 at 03:52 PM. Reason: typooooooos
August 28th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyaztavsan View Post
It's not something I would do, but my stance may change if I were ever to get married. I would rather just go to a different room while the babe is sleeping, then come back. I don't want the babe rolling over into any liquids that may have dripped out of any orifices and it wasn't caught in time to clean up, lol.
That's just gross! haha. Bad mental image.

August 28th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliek0211 View Post
That is all
ditto

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
August 28th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Hey... Where's Perry?'s Avatar Darnit face
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe'sMommy View Post
That's just gross! haha. Bad mental image.
But not a crazy thought, huh.
August 28th, 2010, 05:48 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
i wouldnt have sex if the three year old is in the room..thats just weird to me because she is older and would wonder what the heck we were doing but if the nine month old was sleeping in his crib id have no issue with it. if either child was in the bed...NO WAY! might work for others but not for me..i cant get turned on with a babys leg or arm touching me. yuck, lol.
August 28th, 2010, 06:30 PM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We co-sleep, so we've had sex while they were in the room and were asleep. Both kids are sound sleepers and we're naked all the time anyways so it's not a big deal. When we have sex in bed it's usually when Hunter who is 3 years, has fallen asleep on the couch and Liev who is 4 months is sleeping in the arm's reach. If Hunter is asleep in the bed then we'll go to the living room or somewhere else for sex because Hunter talks in his sleep sometimes and that would throw me off. We don't make loud noises if we're in the bed. If Hunter woke up and saw us it wouldnt' be a big deal because he has walked in on us having sex when we thought he was napping.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search