pageants

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2011, 03:00 PM
Jenna's Avatar AWESOME!!!
Overall, I don't have a problem with kid pageants. As long as kid's happy and parent's happy, I don't see an issue.
I won't pretend I understand them though. I didn't know there were different types of kid pageants until I read through this thread, so I just spent a few minutes Googling them. I'm confused and/or missing something. There were quite a few that said they didn't judge the child's facial beauty (sorry Rebecca, I'm not trying to single out your child's pageant - I saw that same guideline on a couple of different sites), but if it's more focused on the child's 'inner' beauty, wouldn't a phone interview work just as well? Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to judge (GET IT?! Ha) any kid or parent who decides to participate. I just can't seem to understand the 'why' behind it all. I sincerely hope Cait never wants to do any of this stuff. If she grows up to be the cooking club, envirothon, mathlete type, I think that'll work well for us.
March 2nd, 2011, 03:16 PM
Veteran
My eldest did one. She begged, and begged, and begged. So we finally agreed to one of the "natural" ones, my cousin's daughter does them, she had fun but when we asked if she wanted to do it again, she said no. And that was the end of that phase.

She won "most unique", which fits her pretty well. For the formal part, she actually wore a little suit, tie, pants and a button down shirt (no tie, no jacket). And no the lesbians weren't trying to make a statement (everyone asked if we were making a statement), we took her shopping and that was what she picked with free range of the store.

If it's the child's want, then I'm cool with the natural ones (the other ones are just scary), if the parent wants the child to want it, then I have a problem. Especially if the kid(s) aren't enjoying themselves. DD doesn't want to do it anymore, so she doesn't, one and she was good. Now she's big on dance and she's begging for gymnastics and karate.
Gerard 3 12/08 and baby Daria 05/11
And expecting baby number 5 this fall!

March 7th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Cheep Sk8's Avatar Veteran
I saw this the other day and thought of this thread. It was too good to not share.

Tom Hanks Skit Casts Him As a Beauty Pageant Dad - ABC News

March 7th, 2011, 08:57 AM
tiredmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
^^^ LOL. "Sweet pretty losers, every one of them"
March 7th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Mommy2Maddox's Avatar Proud Army Wife & Mommy!
that was hilarious!!!

huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for my lovely siggy!

August 4th, 2011, 12:46 AM
Im not on here to bash any parent whether you like pageants or not. But as I stated on another thread. My 7 yr old daughter is in Natural pageants, she started when she was 5. She asked me if she could do one because one of my friends daughters does them. I wont permit her to do glitz, but just to let you know alittle about the pageants we attend. to qualify, you must hold a certain grade and be involved in your community. We have done pageants that we took in 10 items for different charities. The natural pageant also does interviews (and im not talking about on stage) I mean like an interview where you have to wear a business like outfit or sundays best. They are interviewed individually, note this teaches a child how to handle the pressure of an interview and when she is old enough to get a job, she will have that skill in place already. She does not wear make up, fake this or fake that, some pageants she wears Easter like dresses too. Last but not least, my daughter has also won scholarship funds and savings bonds. Have a nice night every one and god bless :-)
August 4th, 2011, 05:54 AM
WineKeepsMeSane's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on finding a thread that's only 5 months old instead of a year.

August 4th, 2011, 06:48 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
OMG How about you have a big cup of STFU!

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

August 4th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Poncho06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
7 seems like a totally good age to nail down job interview skills.

August 4th, 2011, 07:44 AM
New Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If nothing else, bumping an old thread always proves to be entertaining.
August 4th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hah, I was wondering how I missed a three page topic since I last stopped here yesterday afternoon lol

August 4th, 2011, 08:17 AM
*Dayna*'s Avatar Aussie Mama
Why are these old threads getting bumped?

Oh, HI AMY! *waves*
August 4th, 2011, 11:23 AM
razzledobe's Avatar <3
Sundays Best- I didnt know people still said that... yikes. My Sunday best means sweaty breaches riding boots and a tank top.

Another sweet little boy
August 4th, 2011, 03:10 PM
foxfire_ga79
Quote:
Originally Posted by razzledobe View Post
Sundays Best- I didnt know people still said that... yikes. My Sunday best means sweaty breaches riding boots and a tank top.
*rawr*
August 19th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineKeepsMeSane View Post
Congrats on finding a thread that's only 5 months old instead of a year.
Its funny how you are following my post and why are you even on the "beauty pageant" boards, when you are against them, oh wait you just need someone to bash cuz there is nothing else for you to do.

And once again I was just stating the facts of natural scholarship pageants........

As for my daughter having interviewing skills at age 7, At least I know she has a future and if you feel thats a bad thing then I pity you.
August 19th, 2011, 09:55 PM
tiredmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlemomma View Post
Its funny how you are following my post and why are you even on the "beauty pageant" boards, when you are against them, oh wait you just need someone to bash cuz there is nothing else for you to do.

And once again I was just stating the facts of natural scholarship pageants........

As for my daughter having interviewing skills at age 7, At least I know she has a future and if you feel thats a bad thing then I pity you.
This is the beauty pageant board??? How did I get here? Oh, I know, it's that darn Heated Debate topic header that threw me off. Ashley, how many times have we told you to stop stalking the pageant boards?
August 19th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Woo Hoo, you got it. That was a comment, I know I dont have a stalker. But if you dont agree, then say that, dont put rude comments up. Are we women or children. Everyone has posted sarcastic remarks, I didnt speak a bad word to any of them, till after reading some of their replys. YOU are correct, my daughter is 7, so if Im not supposed to worry about her future then I guess I should tell her that failing in school is ok. gimme a break, if you dont think of your childs future then thats is on you. My kids act like kids and have wonderful lives, so while they enjoy childhood, I try to prepare for their future.
August 19th, 2011, 10:32 PM
BittyBugsMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There are only two paths in life - pageants or failure
August 19th, 2011, 11:35 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My son likes to put on my shoes. Are there any cross dressing pageants for toddlers? Or is he destined for failure?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search