Woman arrested for groping TSA agent

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Overhead Bin - Internet rallies around flier accused of groping TSA agent

Quote:
The flying public has chosen its new folk hero and it is Yukari Mihamae, a 61-year-old Colorado woman who was arrested for allegedly groping a female Transportation Security Administration agent at Phoenix's international airport.
Mihamae is accused of grabbing the left breast of an agent at a security checkpoint last Thursday and has been charged with a felony count of sexual abuse
Are the TSA patdowns sexual abuse?
Should this lady be charged with a felony?
Are the TSA patdowns the same as what the lady did?

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

Last edited by Fluffy Baby; July 19th, 2011 at 01:45 PM.
July 19th, 2011, 12:28 PM
BittyBugsMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
haha awesome
July 19th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There's a difference between someone doing their job, and someone just plain grabbing a boob.

July 19th, 2011, 12:35 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Are the TSA patdowns sexual abuse? No they're not abuse, but I can understand if a person feels violated by the pat downs. They appear to be very intrusive.
Should this lady be charged with a felony? Sadly, yes, she sexually assaulted the TSA agent when she grabbed her breast.
Are the TSA patdowns the same as what the lady did? Not really. The TSA is doing a job they've been ordered to do. Regardless if we like it or not, it's still their job until policy dictates otherwise.
This quote from the article said it best, IMO. We need to be vocal about it, but we should not take matters into our own hands, literally.
Quote:
Slater urges frustrated fliers to pursue activism over lashing out. "Its so important that we be vocal, we communicate, and do grass roots activism before we have another Steven Slater going down the slide or another [flier] fondling back. Left to its own devices, its only going to get worse."

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

July 19th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.A.T View Post
Are the TSA patdowns sexual abuse? No they're not abuse, but I can understand if a person feels violated by the pat downs. They appear to be very intrusive.
Should this lady be charged with a felony? Sadly, yes, she sexually assaulted the TSA agent when she grabbed her breast.
Are the TSA patdowns the same as what the lady did? Not really. The TSA is doing a job they've been ordered to do. Regardless if we like it or not, it's still their job until policy dictates otherwise.
This quote from the article said it best, IMO. We need to be vocal about it, but we should not take matters into our own hands, literally.

ITA! I do have to secretly cheer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repti.Mom View Post
There's a difference between someone doing their job, and someone just plain grabbing a boob.

The Nazi gaurds were just doing their job. Just sayin'.

July 19th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Oh I did too and chuckled when I heard it on the news.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)

July 19th, 2011, 12:56 PM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Baby View Post
ITA! I do have to secretly cheer.

Please tell me you really aren't comparing the two? Wow.

What he did wasn't right. I'm sorry, but I don't go to work expecting to have my breast grabbed by some random man. While people can argue over the personal ethics of those workers, they are trying to feed their family. While people can argue the wrongness of the policy, they are currently within their legal rights to do their job.

<3 August 1st, 2013
<3 November 21st, 2013
<3 October, 19th 2014

Last edited by *Leslie*; July 19th, 2011 at 12:58 PM.
July 19th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Poncho06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She assaulted the worker and committed a crime. Much in the same way it would be a crime for me to handcuff an officer and drive around with him in my back seat. You may disagree with the policy but resorting to physical means is never ok in my book unless you are protecting yourself from an assailant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Baby View Post
Your're not seriously trying to equate TSA pat downs with ethnic extermination are you? Not even on the same scale in the least and frankly statements like this only serve to dilute what those in WWII went through.

July 19th, 2011, 01:04 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho06 View Post
She assaulted the worker and committed a crime. Much in the same way it would be a crime for me to handcuff an officer and drive around with him in my back seat.
This made me laugh...a lot.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
July 19th, 2011, 01:13 PM
foxfire_ga79
No, she's not comparing pat downs to ethnic extermination.
What she meant is exactly what she said. The Nazi's were only doing their jobs. At the end of the day, they were just trying to feed their families, and at the time they were within their legal rights (as of that era in Germany, not within their rights according to us) to do their job.
Saying "hey they're just doing their job" doesn't mean their job is right. Some people's jobs are wrong.

That being said, yes this woman committed a crime. I do think the TSA pat downs are abusive, but two wrongs don't make a right.
July 19th, 2011, 01:32 PM
lilaculpepper's Avatar Rebel with Good Cause
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪♫♪♫MzzPrmDonn♫♪♫♪ View Post
What she meant is exactly what she said. The Nazi's were only doing their jobs. At the end of the day, they were just trying to feed their families, and at the time they were within their legal rights (as of that era in Germany, not within their rights according to us) to do their job.
Saying "hey they're just doing their job" doesn't mean their job is right. Some people's jobs are wrong.

July 19th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Quote:

That being said, yes this woman committed a crime. I do think the TSA pat downs are abusive, but two wrongs don't make a right.
The problem is comparing the wrongness of a patdown to the wrongness of murdering innocent people. It's not even close to the same.

I'm curious about the legal right you speak of. Nazi guards were prosecuted for killings, so I'm not sure what you are talking about. I'm pretty sure that Nazi soldiers knew what they were doing was wrong, at least in the eyes of other countries. Whether we as specific people disagree with TSA patdowns, there is a large amount of Americans that do agree with them. The two things are apples and oranges.

<3 August 1st, 2013
<3 November 21st, 2013
<3 October, 19th 2014

Last edited by *Leslie*; July 19th, 2011 at 01:38 PM.
July 19th, 2011, 01:41 PM
foxfire_ga79
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliek0211 View Post
The problem is comparing the wrongness of a patdown to the wrongness of murdering innocent people. It's not even close to the same.

I'm curious about the legal right you speak of. Nazi guards were prosecuted for killings, so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

She wasn't comparing the wrongness of the two things. Just arguing that in each scenario the person was "doing their job."

And, like I clearly said in the parenthesis, they were not within their rights according to us. I don't know how to make that any clearer. According to Hitler they were within their rights to do their job at that time. The Nazi guards were prosecuted by us, not by Hitler.
July 19th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Poncho06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What SS soldiers did was NEVER and acceptable role for a soldier regardless of era. There is and should never been a moral crisis on killing unarmed civilians systematically buy the thousands, it's ALWAYS wrong.

The TSA's job function regardless of your agreement with it or not does not even come close to comparing and placing them on the same is insulting to her. I disagree with the need for tolls and toll collectors but I wouldn't equate them to Nazi's

Quote:

July 19th, 2011, 01:46 PM
foxfire_ga79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho06 View Post
What SS soldiers did was NEVER and acceptable role for a soldier regardless of era. There is and should never been a moral crisis on killing unarmed civilians systematically buy the thousands, it's ALWAYS wrong.

The TSA's job function regardless of your agreement with it or not does not even come close to comparing and placing them on the same is insulting to her. I disagree with the need for tolls and toll collectors but I wouldn't equate them to Nazi's
They were JUST DOING THEIR JOB. According to their leader it was acceptable and it was what they were ordered to do.
July 19th, 2011, 01:58 PM
OK so the fact that they too were doing their job make the two comparable? I would have to disagree there. It really is comparing apples to oranges.

Liz (36) Kev (35)

July 19th, 2011, 02:03 PM
foxfire_ga79
This is silly. NOBODY said "the TSA is as bad as the Nazi's." Seriously.

The ONLY thing that was said is that the Nazi's were doing their job. The meaning of that statement is that just because someone is "doing their job" doesn't mean they are doing the right thing. That's all.
July 19th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.A.T View Post
OK so the fact that they too were doing their job make the two comparable? I would have to disagree there. It really is comparing apples to oranges.
I keep trying to understand the logic, but I just don't get it.
Nazis were just doing their job, I get it. However, everyone knows that killing is wrong.
Comparing it to the work of a TSA agent is just bizarre to me.

Quote:
This is silly. NOBODY said "the TSA is as bad as the Nazi's." Seriously.

The ONLY thing that was said is that the Nazi's were doing their job. The meaning of that statement is that just because someone is "doing their job" doesn't mean they are doing the right thing. That's all.
How do you know? You didn't make the statement.

<3 August 1st, 2013
<3 November 21st, 2013
<3 October, 19th 2014

July 19th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Jintana's Avatar Dragoness
I don't have much of an opinion other than that's fornicatingly funny.

ETA: TSA patdowns and procedures ARE crap. There are very few people who think they are doing their job competently, preventing bad guys & gals from doing bad stuff, and useful. I view them as a huge middle finger given to the traveler.

Last edited by Jintana; July 19th, 2011 at 02:09 PM.
July 19th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Both of them are doing their jobs. Nazis killed people and TSA sexually assault people. Neither of them are right, but because their superiors say it is ok, then it is ok.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search