Police sergeant gets caught in lie that resulted in his own shooting

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 7th, 2011, 06:00 PM
lilaculpepper's Avatar Rebel with Good Cause
Quote:
Originally Posted by BittyBugsMama View Post
Coming from the "atheist" who sends her kids to VBS! Oh irony, how I love thee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaculpepper View Post
I embrace any and all opportunities to discuss Jesus. My son's KDO know exactly how I feel about religion. The only reason he goes is because of the director, who taught me in kindergarten and is a wonderful, loving person. Besides, there are zero KDOs in this area, comparatively priced, that are not located in a church. I trust the Christians to wipe my kid's ***, just not to brainwash him. He won't be attending next year.
Sigh. When I have to copy and paste from other threads it almost becomes tedious.

September 7th, 2011, 06:23 PM
BittyBugsMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You realize your statements contradict themselves, right? How can you embrace all opportunities to talk about Jesus and then in the last sentence you say you won't be sending them next year? You sent them because its free babysitting, gets the kids outta your hair for a few hours and because your kids aren't old enough to call you a hypocrite yet. For as anti -religious as you are, sending your children to VBS is like throwing a bar-mitzvah when your kids turn 13 because you want them to be included.

/ Just more proof you say whatever you think will get you the biggest negative reaction you can find.
September 7th, 2011, 06:32 PM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
FTR, my kids go to VBS and I am an atheist. DH is a Christian, and I plan to expose the girls to as many beliefs as possible so they can make a decision for themselves. I was ill-equipped to do that until I was in college and took it upon myself.

<3 August 1st, 2013
<3 November 21st, 2013
<3 October, 19th 2014

September 7th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Quote:
You realize your statements contradict themselves, right? How can you embrace all opportunities to talk about Jesus and then in the last sentence you say you won't be sending them next year? You sent them because its free babysitting, gets the kids outta your hair for a few hours and because your kids aren't old enough to call you a hypocrite yet. For as anti -religious as you are, sending your children to VBS is like throwing a bar-mitzvah when your kids turn 13 because you want them to be included.
/ Just more proof you say whatever you think will get you the biggest negative reaction you can find.
Ummm...it ain't free, brainiac. The statement about talking about Jesus is a joke, not that you would recognize that. As for the bar mitzvah comment you truly have NO idea what you're talking about, do you? I don't hate god and I don't pretend any higher being has any influence over my life. If this is a "reactionary" thing to say then so be it.
Alicia, you don't make any sense.

September 7th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Thats even better! You paid to send your kids to VBS when you hate religion. haha!!
Sorry that my intelligence is above you, must be all my fancy public schooling.
September 7th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliek0211 View Post
FTR, my kids go to VBS and I am an atheist. DH is a Christian, and I plan to expose the girls to as many beliefs as possible so they can make a decision for themselves. I was ill-equipped to do that until I was in college and took it upon myself.
I believe I've shared previously that I intend to encourage my boys to read about, research and experience as much of religion as they possibly can so that they can see why their parents so vehemently oppose its existence.

September 7th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Thats even better! You paid to send your kids to VBS when you hate religion. haha!!
Sorry that my intelligence is above you, must be all my fancy public schooling.
Is it possible for you to NOT post without your knee smacking right into your jaw right before your fingers hit the keyboard?
KDO is hardly ever free - it costs money just like daycare. The kids are taught table manners, colors, numbers, letters, songs, etc. They have playtime and lunch. They get to know the other kids in their rooms and graduate up every fall. It's LIKE SCHOOL. Are you understanding me now?
Your intelligence, if that's what you like to call it, is not nearly above me. In fact, I don't even think you know what YOU are talking about most of the time.

September 7th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Are you talking about Pre-school? VBS is a week-long event in the summer that is Bible Classes, crafts, singing, etc. So, you send your kids to a religiously affiliated school? This is absolutely hilarious!

Somehow I think my letting my kids explore different beliefs will be much different than yours. You can't even type your sentence without adding your own feelings at the end on it, so it's fairly obvious that your children will be highly influenced by what you feel.

<3 August 1st, 2013
<3 November 21st, 2013
<3 October, 19th 2014

September 7th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Are you talking about Pre-school? VBS is a week-long event in the summer that is Bible Classes, crafts, singing, etc. So, you send your kids to a religiously affiliated school? This is absolutely hilarious!
Somehow I think my letting my kids explore different beliefs will be much different than yours. You can't even type your sentence without adding your own feelings at the end on it, so it's fairly obvious that your children will be highly influenced by what you feel.
So my kids will be influenced by what I feel. So what? I was influenced by my parents, other family, friends just as I'm sure you were as well. It's called life experience. My kids go to KDO year round and learn everything a "normal" school would teach them. The Jesus part is so minuscule at this age that it really doesn't impact anything as far as their learning is concerned. And, like I said, my older kid won't be attending next year as it's mainly just a baby thing for my family.

September 7th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:

I had to look it up because I had never heard of KDO before and yes, it is preschool, or Knitters Day Out.

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
September 7th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammyjh View Post
I had to look it up because I had never heard of KDO before and yes, it is preschool, or Knitters Day Out.
When I was growing up it was called MDO or Mother's Day Out. Now that this particular term is politically incorrect they call it KDO: Kids Day Out.
The one I went to as a child was also based out of a church but we never had bible study or regular services. In fact, the church was more of just a building that housed the daycare-like studies. My guys are too little to be impacted by the patented Jesus Brainwash yet so I don't consider their early education detrimental to their happiness.
And no, it's not pre-school. Pre-school is not for another couple of years even for my oldest.

September 7th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Quote:
So my kids will be influenced by what I feel. So what? I was influenced by my parents, other family, friends just as I'm sure you were as well. It's called life experience. My kids go to KDO year round and learn everything a "normal" school would teach them. The Jesus part is so minuscule at this age that it really doesn't impact anything as far as their learning is concerned. And, like I said, my older kid won't be attending next year as it's mainly just a baby thing for my family.
I will be neutral and provide an array of opinions on the subject. I definitely don't get the same vibe from you. I almost feel as if your children would be mocked and ridiculed if they chose to believe in something as crazy as "leprechauns".

<3 August 1st, 2013
<3 November 21st, 2013
<3 October, 19th 2014

September 7th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Ha! I thought you were a hypocrite as a 2 parent atheist household sending your kids to VBS for a week but year round? Ow lawdy, there needs to be a whole new word for how hypocritical that is. hahahahaha
September 7th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Quote:
When I was growing up it was called MDO or Mother's Day Out. Now that this particular term is politically incorrect they call it KDO: Kids Day Out.
The one I went to as a child was also based out of a church but we never had bible study or regular services. In fact, the church was more of just a building that housed the daycare-like studies. My guys are too little to be impacted by the patented Jesus Brainwash yet so I don't consider their early education detrimental to their happiness.
And no, it's not pre-school. Pre-school is not for another couple of years even for my oldest.
Umm, Miles isn't very much younger than London and she definitely is old enough to "get it". She goes to VBS every year and asks about God and Heaven. Also, what does any of it have to do with happiness?

<3 August 1st, 2013
<3 November 21st, 2013
<3 October, 19th 2014

September 7th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Quote:
I will be neutral and provide an array of opinions on the subject. I definitely don't get the same vibe from you. I almost feel as if your children would be mocked and ridiculed if they chose to believe in something as crazy as "leprechauns".
Exactly. Any religious questions they have, I will answer or find the answer for. If they want to go to a service, I'll take them. I will completely support whatever my children choose to do in their lives. I am not religious but that is my choice for my own life and I will not influence my children one way or the other on the matter. Its up to them to draw their own conclusions and find what fits best for them and their lives.
September 7th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Ha! I thought you were a hypocrite as a 2 parent atheist household sending your kids to VBS for a week but year round? Ow lawdy, there needs to be a whole new word for how hypocritical that is. hahahahaha
Sigh.

Quote:
Quote:
So, it's true, Alicia. You truly don't do a single thing before that knee hits your jaw and the fingers hit the keyboard. Slow down and read for a change.

And on this note I retire for the evening. It's been a long week and nightly rituals beckon me. Feel free to continue the h8 all through the night and I'll see you all in the morning...

September 7th, 2011, 07:14 PM
You should probably be more careful about what you are saying then since you said that the "Jesus stuff" is minuscule enough to not make a difference and your kids are "too young" to understand all the religious stuff. You are sending your kids to a religious preschool, you can't explain it away to make the facts any different.
September 7th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Most of the KDO's that came up in my google search have preschool in their description
is kdo a preschool - Google Search=

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
September 7th, 2011, 07:30 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
This is great entertainment. Just what I needed while working on homework.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

September 7th, 2011, 09:03 PM
WineKeepsMeSane's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How is Miles a couple years away from preschool? He's the same age as Mackenzie. She missed the cutoff for junior kindergarten by less than 12 hours...... Ohhhh right. You were either resorting to hyperbole to support your point, or you were talking out of your ***.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search