Humble Apology?

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2011, 09:28 AM
lilaculpepper's Avatar Rebel with Good Cause
Ok, girls I'm at your mercy.

I've had a really, REALLY rough week in more ways than one and have been carrying around a LOT of anger this week. This frustration has definitely come through my posts and after some overnight soul searching I wanted to log in today and sincerely offer up my most earnest regrets.

I'm sorry to snap at everyone like I've been doing. The defensive mechanism kicked in and I was seeing things through the eyes of The World vs. Shel. I know now that's not cool. So, I hope most of you will find it in your hearts to forgive me & live and let live. I don't harbor nearly the amount of hostility I have portrayed here recently and am IRL actually a very happy and loving person. My friends and family are awesome, things could be MUCH worse. I just gotta learn to handle my bidness without lashing out at people who truly are innocent to my woes.

I apologize to the Christians of the board because I don't truly despise any one person individually, I just have issues with the Church that get out of hand when I try and address them. I apologize to the atheists because I don't want to give all of us a "bad name" when it comes to expressing my heartfelt beliefs. Most of all, I apologize to the entire Heated Debates community. I noticed the words at the top of the page reading, "Please respect others' opinions" and it smacked me upside the head. I have broken that cardinal rule and I will do everything within my power never to do that again. Hope everyone will forgive my atrocities and be cool with me in the future.

September 8th, 2011, 02:20 PM
foxfire_ga79
Whatever. Schidt happens and we have our bad moments.
But there are a few people here you owe a personal apology to. I can handle knowing that atheists think I'm silly for what I believe and I don't feel you owe me an apology personally, but the people whose personality you trashed deserve way more than just a generic "I'm sorry to whomever I offended...." Name them specifically, and apologize for your specific actions.
And then the most important thing is to not go off on people like that again. One or two posts every now and then? Ok. Ginormous tirades against multiple people in specific and certain groups in general, not Ok. If your apology is sincere, your actions will prove it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search