Groom Sues Photographer ~ Demands New Wedding

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2011, 10:33 AM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
NYT: Groom sues photographer for new wedding - US news - The New York Times - msnbc.com
Quote:
Of all the many things that make up a wedding, few are more important than the photographs.
Long after the last of the cake has grown stale and the tossed bouquet has wilted, the photos endure, stirring memories and providing vivid proof that the day of one’s dreams took place.
So it is not particularly surprising that one groom, disappointed with his wedding photos, decided to sue. The photographers had missed the last dance and the bouquet toss, the groom, Todd J. Remis of Manhattan, said.
But what is striking, said the studio that took the pictures, is that Mr. Remis’s wedding took place in 2003 and he waited six years to sue. And not only has Mr. Remis demanded to be repaid the $4,100 cost of the photography, he also wants $48,000 to recreate the entire wedding and fly the principals to New York so the celebration can be re-shot by another photographer.
Re-enacting the wedding may pose a particular challenge, the studio pointed out, because the couple divorced and the bride is believed to have moved back to her native Latvia.
Frivolous lawsuit or justified?

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
November 3rd, 2011, 11:08 AM
KimberlyD0
Frivolous
November 3rd, 2011, 11:24 AM
BittyBugsMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is the stupidest thing I've ever read.
November 3rd, 2011, 11:24 AM
Poncho06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Considering he's now divorced I think he's angry and thrashing out. Perhaps some therapy should be in his future.

November 3rd, 2011, 11:33 AM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

I was thinking he might have reason to complain where a few of the important photos were not taken. But then I read the rest and was like ..... "what???"

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
November 3rd, 2011, 12:36 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Frivolous but to a point. 1. I think he waited too long. 2. Recreating the entire thing is just asinine. 3. He's divorced, move on man. However, I do feel that he should have the right to sue for the cost of the pictures alone. So the 4 grand. But again since it's been six years...move on buddy and cut your losses.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

November 3rd, 2011, 12:52 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
idiotic...who sues to have photos recreated for a wedding when you've already divorced the bride (and as i type that i suddenly realize this could be the next development with the Kardashians...)

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
November 3rd, 2011, 01:11 PM
WineKeepsMeSane's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto Kat.

November 3rd, 2011, 01:38 PM
melkissa2004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
I'm going to ditto Liz.

November 3rd, 2011, 04:19 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll take that with a big side of ***? lol

November 3rd, 2011, 07:30 PM
foxfire_ga79
Coming from the view point of someone just breaking into photography and only having shot 1 wedding, I can understand being pissed about important shots being missed, especially if you paid that much for the pics. But everybody has already mentioned what's wrong with this dude's argument. Years too late, no point recreating the whole thing, wifey-pooh has gone back to Latvia....yadda yadda.
I think it would have been reasonable, if this guy had made his complaint in a reasonable amount of time, for the photographers to give a partial refund. He does have a point about the missed shots.
I'm interested in seeing the outcome of this.
November 4th, 2011, 11:07 AM
GinaB's Avatar Ex-Navy Lifetime NRA!
No wonder he is divorced, he is a dumbarse.

November 5th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Keepin' it real!
...And this is why this guy is DIVORCED.

He probably did **** like this to the wife. Like he acted like he forgives her for something and then brings it up 5 years later. I doubt he'll even have a case. It would be one thing if he sued 6 MONTHS later and was still married, but why on Gods Green Earth would someone want to recreate a wedding with a wife he no longer has? GIVE ME A F'N break!

RIDICULOUS!

1 Girl 2011 and 1 Boy 2013. Their family is COMPLETE!

Surrogacy # 3 for new family?: 2014??

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search