Do you think circumcision can make sex bad for the woman?

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2011, 07:37 PM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't want a debate on whether or not circumcising a baby boy is good or bad.

Recently I read something where a woman said she had pain every time she had sex, and now figured it out that it was because her DH was circumcised. She provided a link which was suppose to prove this, but it was a promotion for a book about why sex is bad with a circumcised penis and really didn't say anything facts, just opinion.

So what do you think? Do you think it matters for the woman if the man is circumcised or not?
November 18th, 2011, 05:31 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Unless she had some health problem (I just saw an article where a woman botoxed her vagina because she had constant pain from some health issue) I don't see how it would make any difference?? Of course I wouldn't know either, but I'm not in pain!

November 18th, 2011, 07:52 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
UMMM yeah, I don't think so.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

November 18th, 2011, 08:05 AM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
Um. What's painful about a circumcised penis? For real? What in the world would make it painful? Nothing that I can think of, so she's either lying to push her agenda, or something is wrong with her and not the penis.

November 18th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Supposedly, the head pulls all the the vaginal fluid out when the man thrust outwards because he does not have the foreskin to keep the fluid in. Many women with circumcised mates claim that this happens.

I have no idea how true this is, but to me it is the the Autism arguement. You cannot ignore the thousands that say it is happening.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

November 18th, 2011, 08:15 AM
A lot of women have problems with "dryness" and it's very much do to their own hormones. To blame this one thing (the man) seems strange to me. I could say a bunch more, but it's graphic and I'm going to spare all of you this morning.

I have to ask. Does this mean an uncircumcised penis will always keep things..uh...wet? I don't have experience with that. I just know circ'd isn't painful for me.

November 18th, 2011, 08:25 AM
I am no expert on this. lol My patner is intact, but I have been with several circed men before and I know sex is better with DH, but I think the past lovers just SUCKED. I am against routine infant circumcision, so the only reason I have heard of it is because of FB groups.

Vaginal Dryness | 34-menopause-symptoms.com

Quote:
Studies report that 40 to 60 percent of women develop vaginal dryness during the menopausal transition
Makes me wonder why it is only during menopausal stage.

Medical Studies on Circumcision

(sources included at end of paragraph)
Quote:
Circumcision Associated with Sexual Difficulties in Men and Women
A new national survey in Denmark, where about 5% of men are circumcised, examined associations of circumcision with a range of sexual measures in both sexes. Circumcised men were more likely to report frequent orgasm difficulties, and women with circumcised spouses more often reported incomplete sexual needs fulfillment and frequent sexual function difficulties overall, notably orgasm difficulties, and painful sexual intercourse. Thorough examination of these matters in areas where male circumcision is more common is warranted.

Frisch, M., Lindholm, M., and Gr�nb�k, M., "Male Circumcision and Sexual Function in Men and Women: A Survey-based, Cross-sectional Study in Denmark," International Journal of Epidemiology (2011);1�15.Circumcision is Associated with Premature Ejaculation
Premature ejaculation (PE) is common. However, it has been underreported and undertreated. The aim of the study was to determine the prevalence of PE and to investigate possible associated factors of PE. This cross-sectional study was conducted at a primary care clinic over a 3-month period in 2008. Men aged 18-70 years attending the clinic were recruited, and they completed self-administered questionnaires. A total of 207 men were recruited with a response rate of 93.2%. Their mean age was 46.0 years. The prevalence of PE was 40.6%. No significant association was found between age and PE. Multivariate analysis showed that erectile dysfunction, circumcision, and sexual intercourse =5 times in 4 weeks were predictors of PE. These associations need further confirmation.

Tang, W. and Khoo, E. "Prevalence and Correlates of Premature Ejaculation in a Primary Care Setting: A Preliminary Cross-Sectional Study," Journal of Sexual Medicine (2011) Apr 14.
Circumcision Decreases Sexual Pleasure
A questionnaire was used to study the sexuality of men circumcised as adults compared to uncircumcised men, and to compare their sex lives before and after circumcision. The study included 373 sexually active men, of whom 255 were circumcised and 118 were not. Of the 255 circumcised men, 138 had been sexually active before circumcision, and all were circumcised at >20 years of age. Masturbatory pleasure decreased after circumcision in 48% of the respondents, while 8% reported increased pleasure. Masturbatory difficulty increased after circumcision in 63% of the respondents but was easier in 37%. About 6% answered that their sex lives improved, while 20% reported a worse sex life after circumcision. There was a decrease in masturbatory pleasure and sexual enjoyment after circumcision, indicating that adult circumcision adversely affects sexual function in many men, possibly because of complications of the surgery and a loss of nerve endings.

Kim, D. and Pang, M., "The Effect of Male Circumcision on Sexuality," BJU International 99 (2007): 619-22.

Male Circumcision Affects Female Sexual Enjoyment
A survey of women who have had sexual experience with circumcised and anatomically complete partners showed that the anatomically complete penis was preferred over the circumcised penis. Without the foreskin to provide a movable sleeve of skin, intercourse with a circumcised penis resulted in female discomfort from increased friction, abrasion, and loss of natural secretions. Respondents overwhelmingly concurred that the mechanics of coitus were different for the two groups of men. Unaltered men tended to thrust more gently with shorter strokes.

O�Hara, K. and O�Hara, J., "The Effect of Male Circumcision on the Sexual Enjoyment of the Female Partner," BJU 83 (1999): suppl. 1: 79�84

Survey Finds Circumcision Contributes to Vaginal Dryness
The impact of male circumcision on vaginal dryness during coitus was investigated. We conducted a survey of 35 female sexual partners aged 18 to 69 years who had experienced sexual intercourse with both circumcised and genitally intact men. Women reported they were significantly more likely to have experienced vaginal dryness during intercourse with circumcised than with genitally intact men.

Bensley, G. and Boyle, G., "Effects of Male Circumcision on Female Arousal and Orgasm," N Z Med J 116 (2003): 595-596.

Again, I have no idea how true this is. I have just heard of it and I am not arguing either way. This is just info I have seen.

November 18th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Plenty women are dry when they aren't in menopause. That is one thing I know. Hormones play a part in that ours fluctuate all the time. Some more than others, but not always because of menopause.

I'm not saying that this is not true. I just know that it isn't painful for anyone I've talked to because of circumcision. That's a new one for me.

November 18th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Effects of male circumcision on female arousal and orgasm
Quote:
Participants completed a 35-item sexual awareness survey. Women reported they were significantly more likely to have experienced vaginal dryness during intercourse with circumcised than with genitally intact men χ2 (df = 1, n = 20) = 5.0, p <0.05.5

Women who preferred a circumcised male sexual partner averaged 27.3 years of age (SD = 8.2), while those whose stated preference was for a genitally intact partner had a mean age of 36.4 years (SD = 13.7). Thus, the role of the male foreskin in preventing loss of vaginal lubrication during intercourse may become more discernible with increasing age among women. We reported:

‘During intercourse, the skin of an intact penis slides up and down the shaft, stimulating the glans and the nerves of the inner and outer foreskin. On the outstroke, the glans is partially or completely engulfed by the foreskin with more skin remaining inside the vagina than is the case with the circumcised penis. This ‘valve’ mechanism is thought to retain the natural lubrication provided by the female because the bunched up skin acts to block the lubrication escaping from the vagina, which results in dryness.’5

Our work, which supports the hypothesis of Warren and Bigelow3 and the findings of O’Hara and O’Hara4 about the role of the male prepuce during coitus is fully reported in Denniston et al.5

Research generally has not considered possible adverse effects of male circumcision upon female sexual arousal and response. While Moynihan reported that vibratory thresholds, blood flow and hormone levels were studied,1 there was no mention of circumcision status of the male partner. Likewise, Leiblum failed to control for male circumcision status.2 In light of published findings,4,5 this is a serious methodological omission.

Most likely, reported vaginal dryness and the related clinical designation ‘female arousal disorder’ is but a normal female response to coitus with a man with an iatrogenically deficient penis.5

It is imperative that future studies of female arousal disorder record and control the circumcision status of male sexual partners.
Most people do not consider the partner as being the problem. I have no idea if it is true, but studies say that it could have an negative effect on women's vaginal dryness.

November 18th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Baby View Post
Supposedly, the head pulls all the the vaginal fluid out when the man thrust outwards because he does not have the foreskin to keep the fluid in. Many women with circumcised mates claim that this happens.

I have no idea how true this is, but to me it is the the Autism arguement. You cannot ignore the thousands that say it is happening.
Really? I've never noticed that, once. Guess I'm an odd ball.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)

November 18th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Poncho06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been at the rodeo with both kinds of cowboys and never noticed a difference. Not to say others wont or haven't.

November 18th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wait til I tell DH we can't have sex as much because he hurts me by sucking out my juices.

November 18th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had sex with both styles of gentlemen..even a few with with various types of pericings...I've never noticed a difference. Maybe it's just me

November 18th, 2011, 11:41 AM
tiredmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho06 View Post
I've been at the rodeo with both kinds of cowboys and never noticed a difference. Not to say others wont or haven't.
Why, you slutty cowgirl, you.
November 18th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Like I said, I have no idea how true it is. It is just a theory I guess. I never noticed a difference with anything other than the actual guy, not his member.

November 18th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho06 View Post
What a nice way of calling yourself a little hooker.

Liz (36) Kev (35)

November 18th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Poncho06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredmom View Post
Why, you slutty cowgirl, you.

November 18th, 2011, 01:41 PM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dryness happens for all sorts of reasons, and all women will experience dryness during different times of their cycle. That is hormones. I don't know how they are measuring dryness when having sex, because it could be from a number of different things.

I dont' get this argument at all that a circ'd penis hurts a woman. I've heard some claim that a circ'd penis jabs the woman because the head is exposed. Well most intact men have their head exposed when erect, so that would jab it too.

Also if a intact man is wearing a condom then it'd be no different then a circ'd man wearing a condom.
November 20th, 2011, 07:10 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
I've also been with both and honestly there is no difference. I have to agree with the post above me too, because my exhusband was intact, and when erect, his head was exposed. I have WAY better sex with my current hubby and he is circumsized. It depends I think on the person. Maybe she was dry, or maybe it was just awkward sex. I've had that before too.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
November 20th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Not all intact men's head is exposed when erect. It is different for each man.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search