This Work At Home Company

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2012, 09:09 PM
foxfire_ga79
Create an Income From Home Today!

Alright ladies, what do you think of this?
I'm a professional skeptic. I'd be rich if I could get paid for my pessimism. I've always held the regard that work at home things are just gimmicks, but I'm curious about this one.
Do you see anything suspicious? Does it look like something worth trying? I'm afraid I just am not able to look at it entirely objectively.

Tanx!
January 24th, 2012, 09:38 PM
BittyBugsMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anything that spams me not to leave the site raises red flags for me.
Conners Mommie +2 likes this.
January 25th, 2012, 05:03 AM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BittyBugsMama View Post
Anything that spams me not to leave the site raises red flags for me.
Ditto.
Also, if they don't say what they are selling on their radio ads or if you have sign up and give out personal information to find out anything about them, it seems scammy to me.

I found this.
Incomeathome.com Review | The Work From Home Lounge

Quote:
Initially, you will have to pay a shipping and handling fee of $9.95 for the Incomeathome.com package. If you decide to continue on past the first 14 days, you will pay an additional $39.95 and will conduct an interview with a business coach that will provide you with additional details concerning the system. I have heard that after you are in, there will be additional money needed to run your business over many forums.
Is Incomeathome.com a Scam?
Incomeathome.com and OBS is not a work at home scam. They are simply recruiting people to sell herbalife and encourage them to recruit others as well. Many people may write them off as a scam, simply due to their business type. Incomeathome.com is considered a multi-marketing business structure.

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural

Last edited by Tammyjh; January 25th, 2012 at 05:21 AM.
January 25th, 2012, 08:59 AM
razzledobe's Avatar <3
SCAM!!! This is Herbalife - and the guys that actually own this figured out they couldnt expand their "network" any more so instead of even selling the actual herbalife product- they're millionaires now by having people pay THEM to be referrals.
January 25th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Same as any pyramid scheme.

January 25th, 2012, 11:57 AM
foxfire_ga79
That's what I was afraid of.
What threw me off though was that I heard about this on the radio from Neal Boortz. I don't usually listen to talk radio but if I'm scanning and he happens to be on I'll listen to him because he gives such excellent financial advice. I know he was paid to talk about this website, but it seems odd that he would risk his credibility by recommending something so shady.
Or maybe it is legit. But whatever, I'm not willing to be the one to try and find out.
Thanks ladies!
January 25th, 2012, 12:41 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
SCAM! I couldn't even figure out what the product was.
January 25th, 2012, 01:32 PM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For sure a scam. 1) had 2 popups that came up when I tried to leave and 2) it said "as heard on x radio station", which is where I live but we don't have a radio station here (we do get the radio but it comes from a few towns an hour away).
January 25th, 2012, 02:01 PM
razzledobe's Avatar <3
Well I use SCAM in the loosest of term as it is 100% legal. It is not a pyramid scheme at all. People pay money for referrals to find people that want to buy and sell herbalife which is a real product.

The reason I call it is SCAM is because it bothers me that it doesnt out right say that up front until you're about 10-15 pagers or clicks into the site. Secondly, because I think of most direct to market products as some sort of scam based on requirements to purchase inventory etc.
January 25th, 2012, 05:32 PM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
If my comp got a virus from clicking that site, I'm going to be pissed. I got like 2 pop ups when I tried to leave.
January 26th, 2012, 02:22 AM
Audrey's Aunt Amanda's Avatar Not a mommy yet.
Send a message via ICQ to Audrey's Aunt Amanda Send a message via Yahoo to Audrey's Aunt Amanda
It's a scam.. They have the BBB icon saying they have a A+ rating... I keyed their website URL into the BBB search and they are not even accredited! Always check with the BBB!

PLUMCOSM
Purple Plums, just one more helping
Just SOME of my favorite names!

January 26th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Hey... Where's Perry?'s Avatar Darnit face
I never trust places that only advertise that you can work from home. I mean, really? Go work at the dollar store part time or something.
January 26th, 2012, 08:33 PM
foxfire_ga79
Really? Dollar Store part time? That kind of defeats the purpose don't you think? Because then I'd have to put Ivy in day care so then my paychecks will pretty much go directly to that.
If I needed a job I'd get a real one, like I've always done in the past. I was curious about this because the idea of not having to find child care seemed intriguing. I figured it sounded too good to be true and it turns out I was right. I wasn't asking about this because I'm job hunting.
Too bad there isn't a new dislike button on here. I'd be using that a lot more than the like button I think.
January 27th, 2012, 04:28 AM
Hey... Where's Perry?'s Avatar Darnit face
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire_ga79 View Post
Really? Dollar Store part time? That kind of defeats the purpose don't you think? Because then I'd have to put Ivy in day care so then my paychecks will pretty much go directly to that.
If I needed a job I'd get a real one, like I've always done in the past. I was curious about this because the idea of not having to find child care seemed intriguing. I figured it sounded too good to be true and it turns out I was right. I wasn't asking about this because I'm job hunting.
Too bad there isn't a new dislike button on here. I'd be using that a lot more than the like button I think.
Cool. My statement was general.
January 27th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
Most work at home jobs you'll find online are just glorified MLM schemes that rarely work out for anyone, other than those on the top, and those that get paid to lie and make "testimonials". You know those folks don't get in trouble for lying? Whodathunkit...humans...lying...and getting paid for it..Oh the humanity...

Ok, that aside, there are actual legitimate work at home jobs, but they are a bit more difficult to find. Aside from the fact that no one wants to share their best kept secret(who on earth wants competition? lol), they don't really have a high turnover rate. So it's not like new jobs open up all the time. Plenty of them don't necessarily pay much, so people tend to do more than one at a time(which in and of itself brings issues) For a majority of the work at home jobs, that are legit, there really is a limited amount to go around and if you go above and beyond you end up taking from the pockets of others. Grand idea, if you profit, not so grand when you don't. Especially in a niche market, you'll find those jobs even harder to come by.

Working from home, ain't easy. Most WAHMs, or former ones, will tell you "never pay to work from home", but that's not always the case. There are plenty of legit companies that you do pay, at least something, and can still make a career out of it. They just typically require more work, more time, and a heck of a lot of skill in the customer service department. Not to mention you really need to research the company and know both who and what you're dealing with. I know people tend to groan at things like Avon, Tupperware, and the like, but there's a reason they've been around as long as they have, despite the issues they may have had. There are a lot of men and women who are quite successful in both. I've done both, and they can be surprisingly worthwhile. I wouldn't be able to do either here, those chicks, and dudes are all over the place in this county, lol. I'd have no customer base. There's an avon guy that lives up the way from me. He leaves samples every now and then. Great guy actually, and he has pretty well behaved kids too(surprising for around here, most the kids are just carbon copies of their butthead parents) but he seems to do alright for a single WAHD.

I work from home, but what I do isn't typical, and it isn't easy. Doesn't really cost me a dime either. But, it's somewhat unique and people tend to laugh at me when I tell them what I do, lol(I create art and virtual goods, for virtual environments, and as a side I do graphic design when I'm bored. I have other things I do as hobbies that bring in some money, but I don't consider them jobs). It pays the bills, and that's all I really care about. I only got into it by chance while playing a game online, of all things. Most people think you can't possibly make a career out of it, but that's just because they don't know how. It's harder than it looks(but way fun).

Sorry that was a bit of a tangent.

Companies like the one in the OP are a dime a dozen, heck a penny a dozen. They are EVERYWHERE, and it only takes a little bit of searching to see if something is legit, or too good to be true. Unfortunately, I think the majority of what you'll find, is too good to be true. Or at least, won't be worth it in the end. You'd probably find that with all the time, and likely money spent, you could have done something else. If you're truly interested in finding online work (that's a general statement), I wouldn't start with things that require you to recruit. Actually I wouldn't personally go in that direction at all, to be honest. They're not likely to pan out. I'd go looking for something you enjoy first and foremost. A hobby you enjoy perhaps, a craft, something you maybe would like to try, but never have, even. See if it clicks with you. If not, move on to the next thing. Not like you're stuck with something, unless of course you do something stupid, like I did once, and get yourself stuck in some contract(don't do that, at least not on your first WAHgig, it's a baaaaaad idea). But if you're not looking to bring home a full paycheck, or just looking for side work, working from home is a fabulous idea. Saves you a crap ton of money, keeps you home with the kid(s), gives you a sense of accomplishment(sometimes), gives you something to do in your spare time, all sorts of benefits. The cash is just one of them.

I know some other moms that do transcript work from home-those jobs are always out there, just takes some searching to find them. I looked into it once, but the cost for the equipment they wanted(needed) me to have, wasn't feasible at the time. Not all require it though. I just got tired of looking.

You can make a business out of just about anything these days, if you know what you're doing, or know where to look when you don't know what you're doing.
January 27th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you're looking to make just a little bit from home, try signing up for ChaCha or text broker. You wont make very much from either, more probably from text broker now, but it's something!

January 27th, 2012, 01:11 PM
foxfire_ga79
Well, I'm not really *looking* for anything at the moment per se. It's just that when I heard Neal Boortz talking about it I thought it might have some merit to it.
I've got a pretty full plate at the moment. In addition to the kids and farm, 2 days a week I volunteer at the school, and I'm doing some college online. And we're going to be moving some time in the next few months.
But like Michelle said, if I had a hobby that could make me money I'd work at that. All of my hobbies are pretty mediocre though. I doubt anybody would buy any of my lopsided crocheting. haha
I'll check out those websites though. If it's something simple that I can squeeze into my day here and there that would be pretty cool.
January 27th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you are looking for hobbies that can also bring in a little bit of $, there's also sites where its free to set up an account and all you have to do is upload your art or photos to products like cards, t-shirts, mugs, necklaces, key chains etc.... There's not a lot of $ to be made unless you have a ton of time to list products and market them but its fun.

Another site pays you to upload pictures and other content. They pay by the view and it can take a long time to accumulate anything.

You can set up a blog with blogger and put monetize it with adsense and affiliate links.

Content writing sites. I've tried a few but didn't stick with one of them enough to make any $.

Check out some paid to post sites. I made some Christmas $ doing that one year.

Eta I edited out most of the site names as I don't know if I am allowed to name them here on JM.

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural

Last edited by Tammyjh; January 27th, 2012 at 02:06 PM.
January 27th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
I think as long as it's not an affiliate thing(like, your own link, that you'll profit from), you can name companies. That's what we do on the homeschooling board, and we list all sorts of companies over there all the time, lol.
GSLynn likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search