Super Bowl Commercials Too Racey?

Forum: Heated Debates

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BittyBugsMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Heated Debates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2012, 08:56 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
According to this article, Super Bowl commercials too sexy parents watchdog groups say 020612 - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN, parents groups said the commercials were too sexually infused this year. What do you think? Were they over the top sexy, just the right amount, or are these parent groups just going overboard?

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

February 7th, 2012, 10:01 AM
MrsLMB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haven't they heard that sex sells? If it was them or their husbands raking in the money these commercials will bring in, they wouldn't be complaining. It's all about the almighty dollar.

Thank you to *Kiliki* for the pretty siggy!
www.leannebraniff.com
February 7th, 2012, 10:24 AM
BittyBugsMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The only one I remember that was overtly sexual was the Fiat commercial and even that wasn't that bad. I think people need to stop whining about stuff... If you don't want your kids to watch the commercials, send them out of the room or don't watch the game, simple as that. We actually had a conversation at our super bowl party about how much more relaxed Europe is on nudity and such, they don't censor everything so having a naked woman selling yogurt is just as normal over there in a commercial as a "safe" commercial is here. If nudity and sexuality wasn't so taboo here, we wouldn't have parent watchdog groups out there crying every time a commercial or tv show hurt their super sensitive feelings. Sounds to me like they have a problem and they should fix their problem, not expect everyone else to live by their moral code.
plan4fate likes this.
February 7th, 2012, 12:09 PM
fluffycheeks's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmmm, I'm pretty conservative, but the only ones I remember being racy were the David beckham one and godaddy.
February 7th, 2012, 05:58 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
I too think these groups are blowing things out of proportion. Matter of fact sex does sell. Most car commercials have sexy models promoting the cars. Lots of commercials geared towards women have hot sexy men in them. Shoot I loved watching Beckum (sp) in nothing but his undies. I also saw nothing wrong with the teleflora commercial about the girl stating if you gave you shall receive. It's the darn truth most of the time. Not really a big deal.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

February 7th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The only one I remember is the go daddy commercial where women are painting on each other and acting like idiots. Dumbest commercial ever if you ask me.

As far as the groups voicing their opinions, its their right to say what they like just as it was the right of those who had a fit over the Tebow commercial last year. Maybe its just us, but we use these neat gadgets called remote controls that come with "off" buttons or channel changing arrows. I use them occasionally if I think I need to. If I see something I don't like or I don't want the kids to continue viewing, those buttons come in handy.

The promo for The Voice was pretty good. I like just about anything with Betty White in it though. I wish she was my grandma!

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
February 7th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
Didn't watch any of the commercials(I never do). In fact the kids and I watched the puppy bowl on animal planet-which had a way better halftime show from what I hear, lol.(it was kittens, and soooo friggen cute). We just have no interest in the super bowl or any sports on tv, so it's not like we didn't watch because I was carefully monitoring what my kids see. They've likely seen far worse.

That said, I think all too often people blow things out of proportion these days. When parents do have a heck of a lot more control than they want to admit to, over what their kids see(and even when they don't, they have a lot of control over helping them understand what they've seen/heard), there's just really no excuse for all the outcries of injustice and whatever else people are spewing these days.
Some people just need something to complain about. Some of those sports games look pretty violent at times-heck they ARE violent, lol. So why that's ok to let your kid watch, and a commercial with a woman dressed sexy, likely with innuendo your child(ren) doesn't(don't) even understand is not ok, is beyond me. Adults make things sexual, children do not. By the time a child is old enough to make things sexual, or understand the innuendos, they likely understand far more than their parent(s) give them credit for. Typically not because the parent(s) helped them understand, either.

Adults can be idiots at times.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search